• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to Nano Boosting targets, who are the more underrated Heroes that can clean shop with Ana's dart just as well as Genji or Soldier, but are mostly forgotten in the wake of Dragon Blades and Tactical Visors?
Zarya with charge is a pretty good target, as is an Ulting-Pharah.

cyborg009

Banned
What the... Isn't that crazy high? I thought the average pro OW player plays it with 800dpi and 7 sensitivity in-game. I've been playing with 10 in-game sensitivity but got a new mouse and bigger mouse pad last week and have been trying to adjust to the lower sensitivity, it's been a rough transition.

You're at 1800 DPI with 15.69 sensitivity? How do you aim? lol.That seems really high but if you're used to it, I guess it's fine?

I do have mouse acceleration at 0. Maybe that's a factor?

Most players here I'd assume do the same. I tried that sens and you're spinning around in circles doing just slight nudges on your mouse. You should try lowering either your DPI or your in-game sensitivity so that you can move your mouse more to make more precise aiming adjustments.

ohkay

Mouse acceleration should be off anyway because your mouse won't move relative to the speed you move it, which helps with building muscle memory. Also, I think your sensitivity is high (I use 1600dpi, 3 sens), but if it works for you, then I'd keep it where it is

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So i finally put in my razor mouse to play with today. Is having a 1800 dpi setting on the mouse strange? I do keep the in game sensitivity pretty low at 15.69. It's pretty crazy having all these settings after playing with a generic mouse for so long.

Depends on how old your mouse is. Older models/sensors have a native DPI that you want to set your mouse to. For newer ones, it doesn't matter what DPI you set as long as you can get the distance per 360 you want.

That's actually on the high end sens wise at about 5cm/360. I play with about a 30cm/360 and that's average. O.O

You can use this to calculate actual sensitivity:

https://pyrolistical.github.io/overwatch-dpi-tool/

Tbh mayb its me but i dont think nanoblade is that effective on a genji unless we're talking top players. Id rather nanoboost a rein or zarya and let genji blade on his own

Career high in eliminations as Lucio. The speed thing on KOTH is 2-0 now. That was an awesome five round game. I definitely need to get better at it though, I die way too much.

So much fun though.

Skii

Tbh mayb its me but i dont think nanoblade is that effective on a genji unless we're talking top players. Id rather nanoboost a rein or zarya and let genji blade on his own

Yeah nanoblade isn't amazing because Roadhog can still completely shut it down or even a sleep. Nano visor is way safer and frankly has a lower skill ceiling.

But boosting a good Genji is amazing because they can one shot any 200/250 HP hero with blade+dash

someone should make a list of all the excuses people come up with to keep playing stupid picks.

"I have gold damage/elims"
"X Hero has a heal/shield/cc/etc"
"I have X hours on this hero"
"Why don't you play X Hero then?"
"I'm a Diamond/Master/Grandmaster smurf"

thenexus6

I have had five 3v3 elimination games cancelled in a row now because some people are babies and leave the game. So god damn annoying.

antitrop

Not much reason to Nano a Rein, these days. Without the speed buff, it's kind of sad watching everyone just run away from him. I only do it when he pins the enemy Rein (or enemy Rein gets Nano'd and charges in).

Not much reason to Nano a Rein, these days. Without the speed buff, it's kind of sad watching everyone just run away from him. I only do it when he pins the enemy Rein (or enemy Rein gets Nano'd and charges in).

Rip speed increase on nanoboosted targets

This is like the fourth time ive posted my sadness of nanoboost speed

antitrop

Career high in eliminations as Lucio. The speed thing on KOTH is 2-0 now. That was an awesome five round game. I definitely need to get better at it though, I die way too much.

So much fun though.

I played a QP game on Lijiang Tower last night with a Lucio who got 8 environmental kills in 2 rounds. He was on a rampage.

cyborg009

Banned
Depends on how old your mouse is. Older models/sensors have a native DPI that you want to set your mouse to. For newer ones, it doesn't matter what DPI you set as long as you can get the distance per 360 you want.

That's actually on the high end sens wise at about 5cm/360. I play with about a 30cm/360 and that's average. O.O

You can use this to calculate actual sensitivity:

https://pyrolistical.github.io/overwatch-dpi-tool/

mines is 2013 death adder. I used the tool and it says I should use any DPI but in game sensitivity should be 2 or 3

Most players here I'd assume do the same. I tried that sens and you're spinning around in circles doing just slight nudges on your mouse. You should try lowering either your DPI or your in-game sensitivity so that you can move your mouse more to make more precise aiming adjustments.

Mouse acceleration should be off anyway because your mouse won't move relative to the speed you move it, which helps with building muscle memory. Also, I think your sensitivity is high (I use 1600dpi, 3 sens), but if it works for you, then I'd keep it where it is

It's going be weird getting use to this. It takes forever to turn lol.

holysan

I enjoy so much flaming the enemy team if we win with 3 dps against a 3 tanks line up. So good. Fuck this cancerous meta

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Torbjorn: "I switched to Bastion to deal with the Pharah"
mT2FaRf.png

Meccs

I actually have forced myself to use lower sensitivity after getting back into FPS with BF1 this year. My aim has improved quite a bit. I had to use a higher sensitivity for OW though since the pace is a lot faster. I'm using 750 DPI and 10 in-game sensitivity which is roughly 18cm for a 360 turn. In BF1 I'm using 25cm for a 360. I used something like 7cm for a 360 all my life until now.
Lowering the sensitivity has really helped me to get better. I still want to get lower but this is my limit atm. Also this is interesting: http://on-winning.com/overwatch-pro-sensitivity-settings-setups-monitor-mouse-keyboard-headset/

Blues1990

Symmetra with boost is downright scary.

Funny enough, I rarely see players use the Nano Dart on Symmetra. With her increased range, Symmetra can be deadly on the offense (and people don't really realize that).

Zarya with charge is a pretty good target, as is an Ulting-Pharah.

This one is tricky, as you need communication from the Zarya player to know how much charge he/she has. If it's 40+, then definitely. Below that, not so much.

I would also add Widowmaker to this list, as she wouldn't even need to hit the head-shot hitbox. She could pretty much get a kill with a bodyshot like how she was prior to the damage nerf. Oh, and for Torbjorn: Nano Boost + Molten Core = Scary dwarf.

antitrop

This one is tricky, as you need communication from the Zarya player to know how much charge he/she has. If it's 40+, then definitely. Below that, not so much.
The communication isn't really necessary. Don't Nano her if she doesn't have the Orbs indicating at least half charge. Definitely Nano her if she looks like a god damn Super Saiyan.

Hq32qqv.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
someone should make a list of all the excuses people come up with to keep playing stupid picks.

"I'll swap if it doesn't work"

never swaps.

ohkay

I'd still boost Genji over those two because he can easily take out squishies with a slash + dash combo, and since he's a focus target when he's ulting it makes it easier for the Genji to stay alive during ult (and also because I personally love getting nanoboosted when I'm Genji)

The communication isn't really necessary. Don't Nano her if she doesn't have the Orbs indicating at least half charge. Definitely Nano her if she looks like a god damn Super Saiyan.

Hq32qqv.jpg

Ate the Zarya effects visible on all graphic settings?

Dunno if everyone can see it

Nice climb.

Thanks, I honestly think if my placements fare better next season I could hit diamond, I just got screwed from the start this season

Edit: Although based on grouping up and going against teams of different SR ratings, I'd say I probably belong in the 2600-2700 range.

chur

For the last 4 games I've been paired with a player that's just throwing games. I've used the opportunity to practice my Ana. Man my aim sucks lol. I've lowered my sensitivity and it has helped but damn.

Boostio!

antitrop

Thanks, I honestly think if my placements fare better next season I could hit diamond, I just got screwed from the start this season

Edit: Although based on grouping up and going against teams of different SR ratings, I'd say I probably belong in the 2600-2700 range.

Now is probably the best time to push for Diamond. If you've climbed that much in a few weeks, the system is probably in your favor to keep pushing you up.

holysan

Saw someone with master right now who exclusively played dva this season.

S1: SR 54
S2: 2700 season high

Would like to see his rank when the nerf bomb hits

Jellie

Saw someone with master right now who exclusively played dva this season.

S1: SR 54
S2: 2700 season high

Would like to see his rank when the nerf bomb hits

Roadhog main I saw
S2 2500
S3 4400
Wonder what rank he is now since it was a while ago.

hypernima

Banned
Symmetra with boost is downright scary.

No one ever boosts me with Symmetra because they don't believe in a good symmetra playing comp.

Is what people say to me when I play Symmetra in comp...yet without the teleporter they struggle to hold a point.

Also Psychoward how do you get the comp option on Overbuff :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom