• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's one my main picks now. Altho I fucking suck at using her Ult bomb. How does it drop? Does it always land where the reticule is?
i am soooooo bad at her ult omg

i love tracer and i love her gun and understand how positioning and stuff works with her so i think i am pretty good at all of it except her ult

i pretty much never kill anyone with it

LiK

i love tracer and i love her gun and understand how positioning and stuff works with her so i think i am pretty good at all of it except her ult

I killed myself with it last night by recalling right back into it. XD

LiK

i did that yesterday too jdnsfk

stuck it on a roadhog who managed to heal through it anyway and killed myself by recalling to the same spot. rip

I think I'll learn to use it with other Ults or try to drop it into a busy group fight instead. I kill better with guns anyway.

hypernima

Banned
Yeah I'm done with ranked for the season. Once you get down to 2500 there's no going back into diamond. People this low on Xbox just don't know how to play. Team comps are bad, no one communicates, and no one pays attention to the quick chat (apparently group up means "not me").

One bad stretch and now im stuck in no mans land. Oh well. Season 4 can't come soon enough.

I feel the same, that no matter how hard I try I'm gonna be stuck.

I think it's time to go back to Destiny.

Veelk

Banned

Tracer's Pulse bomb is easy. Just dash to tanks and throw it on there or when Zarya ults. You generally want big/crowded targets because it's not a large explosion, so if you try for a small, fast target like a jumping Lucio, even if you land it, you're just gonna get the single kill unless he happens to run into his teammates.

Now, Genji's sword, that's an ult that may as well not exist when I'm playing him.

exYle

Yea, I got the most basic one without remapping but it's fine. After my X paddle snapped off, I switched to O while waiting for replacements and I liked how much better it felt to use O for jumping. So I'll stick with it. I don't give a shit about crouching since I don't teabag so not a big loss. I might pick up a new one with remapping in the future for convenience.

I'm not sure about being a premade since I play based on mood but I can play 11 heroes now without any major issues so I can switch around to counter, no problem. Still not gonna use a mic cuz I found playing compeittive games online with headphones just makes me play worse. My ears get all hot and it annoys me. Had no issues climbing with Vault without using mics at all in Season 2 so it should be fine. I don't need to instalock anyone anymore.

I get the appeal of duo/triple queue cause in the early days GAF players kept cycling in and out and there was never a consistent crew around to learn each other's playstyles. But there isn't much of us left and of us, most of us around the diamond/master area. So if we get a consistent group who knows which heroes we're gonna pick with each other, we could possibly get a really good team together.

ohkay

i did that yesterday too jdnsfk

stuck it on a roadhog who managed to heal through it anyway and killed myself by recalling to the same spot. rip
Better than having the roadhog hook you after you land it on them, only for it to blow up right as you end up in front of hog

Tracer's Pulse bomb is easy. Just dash to tanks and throw it on there or when Zarya ults. You generally want big/crowded targets because it's not a large explosion, so if you try for a small, fast target like a jumping Lucio, even if you land it, you're just gonna get the single kill unless he happens to run into his teammates.

Now, Genji's sword, that's an ult that may as well not exist when I'm playing him.
But pulse bomb doesn't kill most tanks, you need to soften them up before using it to get the kill. That being said, Rein is probably one of my most frequent targets because he is easy to stick and getting rid of a shield is extremely useful

hypernima

Banned
I get the appeal of duo/triple queue cause in the early days GAF players kept cycling in and out and there was never a consistent crew around to learn each other's playstyles. But there isn't much of us left and of us, most of us around the diamond/master area. So if we get a consistent group who knows which heroes we're gonna pick with each other, we could possibly get a really good team together.

I'd be down to play.

LiK

Yea, 2-3 max. If I see more than that I'm totally bailing. Playing against other 4-6 man stacks were some of the worst Comp I ever played. Tilted so hard.

Jellie

Easiest target for a pulse bomb is Zarya or anyone she has bubbled. Just start harrassing her until she has to shield, wait a second and pop it on. Bubble wears off just before the bomb goes off and she dies. Works on anyone she bubbles so if she bubbles a support, bye bye support.

LiK

Easiest target for a pulse bomb is Zarya or anyone she has bubbled. Just start harrassing her until she has to shield, wait a second and pop it on. Bubble wears off just before the bomb goes off and she dies. Works on anyone she bubbles so if she bubbles a support, bye bye support.

Yea, I can usually get a few kills here and there. I wanna be more consistent with it.

Filben

For me, the most difficult thing is to decide whether to stick the bomb on a tank (Reinhardt) or support. The most obvious answer would probably be 'depends on the situation', but what specific situations? Most of the time I just stick it on tanks, since it's easier to hit. I'd rather put my bomb there than wasting it by missing the small targets. But killing tanks with the guns is pretty easy too for Tracer, and the small targets are harder to hit, so a bomb on Lucio for instance might be better.

Tough calls.

Veelk

Banned
But pulse bomb doesn't kill most tanks, you need to soften them up before using it to get the kill. That being said, Rein is probably one of my most frequent targets because he is easy to stick and getting rid of a shield is extremely useful
That's easy though. It's usually just a single burst from your guns and then dash in, bomb, dash out. If you find that difficult, there's no reason you can't do it in reverse order. Bomb them, then finish them off. But really, most of the time, tanks are usually damaged already. They're tanks, they tend to attract fire a lot, often you don't need to even soften them up.

And yeah, Reinhardt also has the benefit of people wanting to hide behind him, so you probably get more multikills off him than anyone else.

komaruR

I got outplayed so hard by a Pharah a few weeks ago in Eichenwalde. I was playing soldier and I knew that the enemy team had one Pharah, so I was looking for her to come from my right since I wasn't seeing her in the middle. 30s in and no Pharah to be seen anywhere, then she appears right above me from behind and kill me immediately with two rockets.

When I came back from the spawn my team was already wiped since we had no direct counter to her besides me. "Our soldier sucks" the team said... feels bad man ;_;

All this to say that in Eichenwalde you can also easily flank going right as Pharah instead of the usual left, flying above the houses and using your blast to get all the way behind them without being seen. If only I knew this at the time...
if there's a symmetra in the team, best to put one sentry at the right side cliff to act as an early warning for flanks.
Yea, I got the most basic one without remapping but it's fine. After my X paddle snapped off, I switched to O while waiting for replacements and I liked how much better it felt to use O for jumping. So I'll stick with it. I don't give a shit about crouching since I don't teabag so not a big loss. I might pick up a new one with remapping in the future for convenience.

I'm not sure about being a premade since I play based on mood but I can play 11 heroes now without any major issues so I can switch around to counter, no problem. Still not gonna use a mic cuz I found playing compeittive games online with headphones just makes me play worse. My ears get all hot and it annoys me. Had no issues climbing with Vault without using mics at all in Season 2 so it should be fine. I don't need to instalock anyone anymore.

should probably get these Collective-Strike-Dominator-Controller-Adapter-PaddlesF to save you some money on those SCUF. SCUF are pricey and too many bad reviews on their quality.

LiK

You gotta bait out abilities and then use it. Wait till near the end of ice block and stick her. Same as Zarya. It's all mind games with the bomb.

Yea, sometimes it gets hectic and you wanna take them out.i wish she shot her bomb out, heh

I gave up trying to stick Meis. Stupid ass Ice Block saves them every time.

Fuck meis, from my experience they don't save the enemy as much as they block me from escaping and getting me killed in the proccess, that or they end up ruining my ulti, so fucking annoying. Please delete blizz everyone hates to play with her or against her, I will buy 10 k loot boxes if you wipe her from existance, k thx.

Moonkid

School starts again for me in a couple weeks but it should be a chill semester so I'll try keep on playing comp. Semester 2 last year was horrendous and I ended up not even touching my PS4 for months.

exYle

Yea, 2-3 max. If I see more than that I'm totally bailing. Playing against other 4-6 man stacks were some of the worst Comp I ever played. Tilted so hard.

I don't think I conveyed my point well. I'm saying the reason our 6-stacks failed is because we didn't have a consistent team playing consistent heroes on consistent maps. We'd all be taking turns on DPS, tank, and healers, which allowed none of us to specialize.

If we had a consistent group - even a six-stack, I think we could make it work. Like, take ND and Owzers for example. If we could play around them being consistent Pharmercy, that'd be great.

Mr Git

I still think my proudest pulse bomb was a slightly low flying Pharah. Jumped off a balcony to attach it in mid air and it exploded after she jetted off into the sky. I usually use mine for self healers like Roadhog, Lucio and Mercy, otherwise yeah it's in groups/tanks. There's a bit of momentum to it that's really tricky - I've got about 55 hours with Tracer now (of 103 total xD) but still miss small targets regularly if they're slippery. I sometimes find it pretty useful to jump and throw at the top of height of the jump which gets it further.

LiK

I don't think I conveyed my point well. I'm saying the reason our 6-stacks failed is because we didn't have a consistent team playing consistent heroes on consistent maps. We'd all be taking turns on DPS, tank, and healers, which allowed none of us to specialize.

If we had a consistent group - even a six-stack, I think we could make it work. Like, take ND and Owzers for example. If we could play around them being consistent Pharmercy, that'd be great.

i think most consistent teams stick with a handful of heroes they're great at. so yea, we can try it in QP and see how well we do.

Vitanimus

I wish Ana's grenade didn't strictly block healing but just reduced the rate of healing received or something. She has so much utility.

Vitanimus

Wasn't that a change on the PTR?

No, they reduced the amount of bonus heals the grenade applied to allies from 200% to 150%. I'm talking about the anti-heal mechanic. It's so stupidly strong. Just hitting 2 or 3 enemies can be the difference in a successful push.

Edit: oh wait, that was an actual bug?

antitrop

No, they reduced the amount of bonus heals the grenade applied to allies from 200% to 150%. I'm talking about the anti-heal mechanic. It's so stupidly strong. Just hitting 2 or 3 enemies can be the difference in a successful push.

Edit: oh wait, that was an actual bug?
Ya, there was a bug on PTR where the grenade was only preventing 75% of healing, instead of the intended full 100%.

Watch them nerf anti-heal in like six months and we wonder why they didn't just do it now.

Vitanimus

Ya, there was a bug on PTR where the grenade was only preventing 75% of healing, instead of the intended full 100%.

Watch them nerf anti-heal in like six months and we wonder why they didn't just do it now.

That sounds so perfect though? It stops being a complete zen shutdown and doesn't reduce anti-heal teammates to being dead men walking.

Jellie

Didn't they say they wouldn't change the anti-heal as it's a big aspect of her design and is as they intended or something?

komaruR

did they do something about the invincible nano'd tank bastion?

Paltheos

2CP is pretty annoying in general. I agree that Volskaya A is fine, but B is such a shitshow to attack, and not in a good way. You either get wrecked forever or you steamroll the defending team and instantly win. Hanamura's B isn't as bad, maybe because it's much more open.

Nah, Hanamura B is worse. The defenders should have a Mei. She's stupid strong there because all the entrances are narrow hallways that Mei can close off to divide attackers, and she can cover most of the entrances from a single position and shift back and forth to cover the rest faster than attackers can move their team to the next.

Volskaya B has that convenient elevator outside the main entrance that allows teams to drop down right in front of the point, avoiding any Mei shenanigans. It is tough because attackers can get overwhelmed by the defenders who have plenty of cover around the point, but that's still preferable to coordinating around Mei imo.

Edit: Hanamura defense is one of those maps I often make a point of instalocking Mei at the very start so we don't risk not having one. She's too good on both points to afford someone willy-nilly picking a dps who has so-so compatibility with the map.

Xzan

Our Genji had engaged the Widow, so I thought it was safe to cross the open space. It wasn't. ...That mouse tracking on console...yeesh... :(

This smurf (Widow XD) and his buddy (YungHanzo) both made the match painful since they were pretty much the only ones killing me with their instagib sniping. Though at least the deaths to Hanzo were mostly scatter arrow cheese.

At least it was only QP.

exYle

Blows my mind that 2 groups of 2 still get out on the same team vs 6 randoms. Give me a damn solo que only list, please.

I understand the frustration in this, but man, queue times are long enough as is. I don't wanna be waiting 5-7 minutes for a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom