• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Turns out it'll be Doomfist and someone else, I bet. Might as well release two new heroes instead of just one. Go nuts.

finalflame

So Efi took the photo?

1Yseq6C.png

And GODDAMN IT BLIZZARD cutting off the news ticker at "sighting of(...)".

Croc

Banned
Turns out it'll be Doomfist and someone else, I bet. Might as well release two new heroes instead of just one. Go nuts.
Not sure the exact quote but I'm fairly certain they've said they'd only be releasing one hero at a time so they can really focus on getting the balance right.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I don't want the new hero to be too powerful or too weak. Reinhardt is too much fun to be made irrelevant.

Plesiades

Yeah. She was arriving at the airport.

Maybe she saw Doomfist doing his/her thing and decided to create a robot to defend Numbani. And so, we have two new characters ;)

TheOddOne

But when Ana first came out everyone thought she was trash ;)

I hope so too, though. Please be the new Ana of tanks. I want Rein dragged so far into irrelevance he can barely see any sunlight.
True, but she had a pretty fast climb to must pick compared to Sombra. Sombra is still too much of niche pick and her place seems to be in flux. Maybe some quality-of-life updates can bring her to Ana-tier.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i still think the reveal for DOomfist should have been a video of a laptop setting up an ARG like (31% crack the code) and suddenly gets smashed by Doomfist out of shot yelling OUT NOW

Yeah. She was arriving at the airport.

Maybe she saw Doomfist doing his/her thing and decided to create a robot to defend Numbani. And so, we have two new characters ;)

Yes...

i still think the reveal for DOomfist should have been a video of a laptop setting up an ARG like (31% crack the code) and suddenly gets smashed by Doomfist out of shot yelling OUT NOW

YES.

Got it - 2482.

So close to Platinum! One win would've gotten you there lol. Just wanted to see if you'd be in range of being able to play comp and you should be fine.

I've had my gold and silver friends as to play comp with me and I was like nope. They gotta get a little better on your own first.

Hi OW GAF, I'm a pretty fresh junior and I joined the GAF Discord, but it seems to me like no one is ever in the in game voice channels. Do people actually use that Discord for voice?

finalflame

OW hasn't gone stale like Destiny so no need to use Discord here yet.

It's more about building community an having people to play and discuss the game with. In this sense, I have much more luck in moonmoon's sub discord. It's superbly active and people interact/discuss/plan to play together often.

LiK

It's more about building community an having people to play and discuss the game with. In this sense, I have much more luck in moonmoon's sub discord. It's superbly active and people interact/discuss/plan to play together often.

OW GAF still pretty active I don't bother with the Discord channel. It would certainly make grouping up easier. But not many people here use it. I think I only saw like 3 Gaffers there chat actively in it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
But the next hero isn't Doomfist? That robot definitely looks like it got punched.

Theory: The hero is Doomfist. But Doomfist isn't Terry Crews.

Kaplan never said the hero wasn't Doomfist, only that 24 wasn't who we thought it was. May have been referring to the voice actor, NOT the actual hero.

darklin0

Banned
I've had zero luck with the GAF Discord. It's not really active at all.

I only keep tabs on the chat. Part of it is because I am weird and have issues with initiating contact. The other part is because I have groups of friends I actively play with so I am never hurting for groups.

Theory: The hero is Doomfist. But Doomfist isn't Terry Crews.

Kaplan never said the hero wasn't Doomfist, only that 24 wasn't who we thought it was. May have been referring to the voice actor, NOT the actual hero.

If we get two heroes AND Doomfist is Terry Crews....

Dare to dream brehs

this prolly isn't whats going to happen

Took about a 2 week break but getting ready to start warming up for season 4. Still have some things left to finish with Xenoblade but excited to start playing again. I'm going to try lowering sensitivity from 800 DPI/5 to 800 DPI/3 and see if Genji is still playable. I have good tracking on Tracer, Mccree, and Soldier but it still feels a tad loose. I can barely 180 fast enough on Genji with 800/5 though so it might be a struggle.

I've had zero luck with the GAF Discord. It's not really active at all.

Same here. I haven't checked in ages but not mich going on when I do.

I only keep tabs on the chat. Part of it is because I am weird and have issues with initiating contact. The other part is because I have groups of friends I actively play with so I am never hurting for groups.

I'm never able to invite or join you because you're always already in a group!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom