• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Vault, we need to work on our synergy again. Who are your mains now? You keep switching and I can't tell anymore.

KiraFA37

When that happened the fight was over apart from the reaper. They were just cleaning up while ignoring the nanod reaper. This was back in season 2 when nano had the speed boost so he just destroyed everyone as soon as he woke up.

Dart is such a satisfying ability when you cancel their ults.

Ooh you got Kira on Bnet? PC EU I take it?

Yea he is, we only played 3 games together around the new years before I took a small break from comp.

M.D

I've been thinking about converting all my WoW gold into B.net currency since I don't want to play that game ever again..

Is Overwatch friendly to casuals? is the community okay in general? I want a game I could play a quick few matches and not turn into some hardcore obsession, is Overwatch good for that?

Mistle

is the way quickplay communication has gone to complete shit since the season ended reflective of what it's like in comp? not trying to be snarky, serious question. i've gotten pretty into Overwatch this past month and have only played quickplay. every now and then there'd be idiots of course, but damn, since the comp season ended pretty much every single match is intolerable.

Vitanimus

I've been thinking about converting all my WoW gold into B.net currency since I don't want to play that game ever again..

Is Overwatch friendly to casuals? is the community okay in general? I want a game I could play a quick few matches and not turn into some hardcore obsession, is Overwatch good for that?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Yes to all, but like any competitive game you have some rotters.

Skii

Has s4 started yet? Im back on the 1st, I have itchy mouse fingers. My aim is gonna be shit but maybe we can do placements together.

Season 4 is starting on Tuesday. I might do placements on the day depending on when I have free time because my dissertation is due this week lol.

But if we're on at the same time, we can defo group up. Since you're accounts were mid-master that decayed, I don't know if the game will just put us into master games though lol. I'm almost certain that after placements that you'll get placed master immediately.

Jellie

Season 4 is starting on Tuesday. I might do placements on the day depending on when I have free time because my dissertation is due this week lol.

But if we're on at the same time, we can defo group up. Since you're accounts were mid-master that decayed, I don't know if the game will just put us into master games though lol. I'm almost certain that after placements that you'll get placed master immediately.

You'll probably end up in placement games with people who were mid-high diamond I would assume since you were low diamond and caeser was low-mid masters depending on which account he uses.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here so I just want to make things clear that I'm not going to drive by post this and not be activate in this community thread afterwords. I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you on here in order to improve my game. I have solo queued in competitive overwatch since season one and I'm looking for people to play with. Having said that I want to make a few things clear about the characters I play with, the type of people I want to play with and my goals for this upcoming season.

First I do not consider myself a toxic player. However, sometimes we have bad games and change is necessary. If your struggling I may ask for you to switch off a character to help improve our chances of winning. That's not to say those who wish to play with me can't ask the same from me. I can handle criticism of my play, but at the same time there are ways to criticizes others without being a ass about it.

Second, I'm looking to play with flexible players, those who can play several different characters from different classes. Lets face it, sometimes you get bored playing with the same character. So if you want to change characters that fine with me. We don't always have to go out with our main every game. I do want to stress that after awhile if it effects SR negatively then we'll revert back to a productive team comp.

Finally, We will lose games, It happens and it sucks. If I feel that i'm not doing my part or I'm struggling with my play then for the benefit of the team I'll stop playing competitive with the team for a short time. I hope the others I play with have a similar mindset.

I have a mic, I play on PS4 and my SR last season was between 2800-3100 so I would like to play with people within my skill range. These are my stats last season https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/joshmyersBV?mode=competitive and I apologize for the long post. If i fit with what your team needs then please allow me to join. Thanks

Skii

You'll probably end up in placement games with people who were mid-high diamond I would assume since you were low diamond and caeser was low-mid masters depending on which account he uses.

Imagine if GMs that have decayed are in low diamond games for placements... That'll be fun.

AbaFadi

Banned
Imagine if GMs that have decayed are in low diamond games for placements... That'll be fun.

It would use hidden mmr at that point, and they would be playing in gm level games. Anytime you decay back to diamond and start playing again, you'lll basically be playing with people at the same rank you left off at

JHall

People that have decayed still match in the same games they normally would have before the decay. They also earn around 50-75 SR per win until they reach back to where they were.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here so I just want to make things clear that I'm not going to drive by post this and not be activate in this community thread afterwords. I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you on here in order to improve my game. I have solo queued in competitive overwatch since season one and I'm looking for people to play with. Having said that I want to make a few things clear about the characters I play with, the type of people I want to play with and my goals for this upcoming season.

First I do not consider myself a toxic player. However, sometimes we have bad games and change is necessary. If your struggling I may ask for you to switch off a character to help improve our chances of winning. That's not to say those who wish to play with me can't ask the same from me. I can handle criticism of my play, but at the same time there are ways to criticizes others without being a ass about it.

Second, I'm looking to play with flexible players, those who can play several different characters from different classes. Lets face it, sometimes you get bored playing with the same character. So if you want to change characters that fine with me. We don't always have to go out with our main every game. I do want to stress that after awhile if it effects SR negatively then we'll revert back to a productive team comp.

Finally, We will lose games, It happens and it sucks. If I feel that i'm not doing my part or I'm struggling with my play then for the benefit of the team I'll stop playing competitive with the team for a short time. I hope the others I play with have a similar mindset.

I have a mic, I play on PS4 and my SR last season was between 2800-3100 so I would like to play with people within my skill range. These are my stats last season https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/joshmyersBV?mode=competitive and I apologize for the long post. If i fit with what your team needs then please allow me to join. Thanks
There's no need for all of that. We've pretty chill and welcoming here, even though we may bitch a lot. Feel free to post your PSN id. We have a pretty good PS4 group rn.

Skii

They won't though. I did my season 3 placement on PS4 last month and I was in 3.6k average games even though I was 3000 due to decay.

It would use hidden mmr at that point, and they would be playing in gm level games. Anytime you decay back to diamond and start playing again, you'lll basically be playing with people at the same rank you left off at

People that have decayed still match in the same games they normally would have before the decay. They also earn around 50-75 SR per win until they reach back to where they were.

Okay that's good to hear. Now I have no excuses for when I go 2-8 in placements gg.

Ambient80

LOL

So a friend and I grouped up for 6v6 mystery games. At spawn, four of us (including me and my friend) were given Mei, and ALL of us had the "Yay!" voice line. Naturally any time one of us got a kill, we spammed it. Hilarity was had 😂😂😂

Vault, we need to work on our synergy again. Who are your mains now? You keep switching and I can't tell anymore.
I don't feel like I'm much better with any one character than the others anymore to be honest. I should probably find a few mains before the new season. I've just been filling in for what we need on the team lately, and it's convinced me that I can play 80% of the roster comfortably.

Not being really good with one hero anymore will probably hold me back rank wise this season, but at least I can be a good flex player,

pizzacat

Banned
Watching pro soldier videos and there's so many spots that I'm sleeping on, I also need to stick to high ground. If I see people colliding for some reason I just go straight into it when I can make a bigger impact from above

Its the little things that start turning you into like an average soldier to a carrying one

Also your final blows have to be on point from what I'm seeing

On 1v1s do an of you start with a helix? Or save it for the kill?

exYle

You smoje Buttchin? God dammit why haven't we played together while high?

Lmao dude you high right now?

To answer your question though, I dabble, but I haven't smoked in a number of months. Actually, I don't think I've ever played Overwatch high. But if I ever do I'll give you a shout mang

Lmao dude you high right now?

To answer your question though, I dabble, but I haven't smoked in a number of months. Actually, I don't think I've ever played Overwatch high. But if I ever do I'll give you a shout mang
I fixed it dammit.

I've gotten on while high before and I have a great time, but I always feel like I want to get off after just a few games, don't think it's ever been with the group. I've definitely played with you guys while drunk though.

spock

is the way quickplay communication has gone to complete shit since the season ended reflective of what it's like in comp? not trying to be snarky, serious question. i've gotten pretty into Overwatch this past month and have only played quickplay. every now and then there'd be idiots of course, but damn, since the comp season ended pretty much every single match is intolerable.

I just got a xbox one s (also getting a switch) after not having a console since the wii era (had a 360 but didnt play it much). I havent played an fps on a console since the og xbox. I did play Quake 1,2,3 and TF on the PC 10+ years ago...

Overwatch was one of the few games I wanted to try in hopes of finding some kind of multiplayer I could get into as n00b/returning gamer. Using the controller is still something I'm learning every time I play, HOWEVER overwatch has been very friendly, MUCH more than I thought it would be. I also dont suck as bad as I thought I might, due I think partly to my TF experience from years ago and the different character roles and team play focus...

I naturally came into the game with a "team player" mindset which helps for sure. I also did the tutorials and read up about 30 minutes on good starting characters and the basics of how to play them.

I'm truly loving the game and how "gentle" and friendly it is as a new player. This is most def a great game to bring a group/guild over to. Right now I'm only working with 2 characters and do not know the maps for jack shit, but I'm learning quick.

QUESTION for more experienced players (on Xbox One) - is there a gaf tip/advice section for new players? In general if anyone has any tips/advice to share it would be much appreciated.

Hopefully at some point I can connect with gaffers for some overwatch and games on live in general as I dont have any friends/contacts since I havent gamed in so long.

Watching pro soldier videos and there's so many spots that I'm sleeping on, I also need to stick to high ground. If I see people colliding for some reason I just go straight into it when I can make a bigger impact from above

Its the little things that start turning you into like an average soldier to a carrying one

Also your final blows have to be on point from what I'm seeing

On 1v1s do an of you start with a helix? Or save it for the kill?

I always open the attack with helix on a 1v1 matchup, even if it misses, if somehow the fight goes longer you will get a chance to hit with helix at least one more time.

pizzacat

Banned
I always open the attack with helix on a 1v1 matchup, even if it misses, if somehow the fight goes longer you will get a chance to hit with helix at least one more time.
Ive just had different plans for characters

Genji I save for when he strikes after he tries to parry

Any self healer I wait for them to start healing and just pop it to kill them with as much burst dmg I got

Genji with his double jump has been my worst MU with anybody even pharah I have trouble just nailing him down. It's funny because I always had the better meat shots with scout 1v1s but add in his parry plus a free strike afterwards with melee ughhh not saying hes op or something just saying I myself am not consistent in killing him by myself

Roubjon

So it turns out my Laptop's graphic's card has a glitch where when you hold up to move forward it sometimes gets stuck there for around 3 seconds or longer. During that time you cannot move backwards either. I'm not alone with this bug and there is no fix...

Back to PS4 I guess...

Has anyone experienced Sombra's translocator malfunctioning and not teleporting her back to where it was thrown? Asking for a friend, so I don't have many specifics.

NeoRaider

I don't understand why is everything Sombra does in this game so loud. Hacking, becoming visible, using translocator...

It's like: "Hey here i am, kill me!" Just stupid!

Vitanimus

Has anyone experienced Sombra's translocator malfunctioning and not teleporting her back to where it was thrown? Asking for a friend, so I don't have many specifics.

It apparently occurs when you throw your translocator directly facing the ground and not "throwing" it, if that makes sense. It's a very annoying bug.

pizzacat

Banned
I don't understand why is everything Sombra does in this game so loud. Hacking, becoming visible, using translocator...

It's like: "Hey here i am, kill me!" Just stupid!
Everything with the invis is supposed to feel fair, like yes she has a speed boost and is invis but she needs something to tip her off like spies feint watch having a loud ass decloak sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom