• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly believe that Winston would have been buffed by now if it weren't for the fact that certain popular top talent like Miro made him seem popular and nearly essential to use in a good team. He needs a rework like Bastion since everyone is being buffed around him and duplicate heroes no longer exist in competitive.

Also, does anyone think a hero who works sort of like Phoenix from Marvel Vs Capcom 3 would work in Overwatch? Basically a hero where if his or her ultimate is charged, it activates upon reaching zero health, immediately fills health to max again, and gives the player a burst of power and speed for one last attempt to kill a target or hold a point. Once the ult duration runs out your character dies or is 1 health and debuffed for a short period. Sound good to anyone?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I honestly believe that Winston would have been buffed by now if it weren't for the fact that certain popular top talent like Miro made him seem popular and nearly essential to use in a good team. He needs a rework like Bastion since everyone is being buffed around him and duplicate heroes no longer exist in competitive.

Also, does anyone think a hero who works sort of like Phoenix from Marvel Vs Capcom 3 would work in Overwatch? Basically a hero where if his or her ultimate is charged, it activates upon reaching zero health, immediately fills health to max again, and gives the player a burst of power and speed for one last attempt to kill a target or hold a point. Once the ult duration runs out your character dies or is 1 health and debuffed for a short period. Sound good to anyone?
miro didn't even play that much winston this season.

he got forced into dva and rein duty

Hey guys, I posted in the latest Overwatch topic in Gaming a (stupid) theory about the next hero. Can someone check and tell me if I'm too stupid... ah heck I'll just repost it here.

Edit: Hey guys, I came up with a theory, tell me how stupid it is.

So, Jeff Kaplan said in the forums that "24 is not who you think it is".

Later in some event, he was showing a concept art for Overwatch and said "By the way, before our Reddit explodes, the hero in the middle is not who you think it is."

xstatic2.gamespot.comuploadsoriginal12312391133198856-overwatch-concept-eadb2578814a7c405380c2643e753e30b938a8f2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kv2bytfV37.jpg

So, do you guys think that punk spidergirl there could be next? I know it's kinda left field... Maybe Kaplan just likes to say samey stuff, or am I reading too much into it?

Hey guys, I posted in the latest Overwatch topic in Gaming a (stupid) theory about the next hero. Can someone check and tell me if I'm too stupid... ah heck I'll just repost it here.

Edit: Hey guys, I came up with a theory, tell me how stupid it is.

So, Jeff Kaplan said in the forums that "24 is not who you think it is".

Later in some event, he was showing a concept art for Overwatch and said "By the way, before our Reddit explodes, the hero in the middle is not who you think it is."

xstatic2.gamespot.comuploadsoriginal12312391133198856-overwatch-concept-eadb2578814a7c405380c2643e753e30b938a8f2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kv2bytfV37.jpg

So, do you guys think that punk spidergirl there could be next? I know it's kinda left field... Maybe Kaplan just likes to say samey stuff, or am I reading too much into it?

I personally think it's Zarya original concept before they changed her.

She could still be reworked. Maybe.

I don't know, I'm kinda more curious to know if i'm the only one who came up with that theory, lol. Seemes like something someone would have suggested before.

Well if you look at the original concept with all the characters most of them are completely different than what there are now. A lot people think the tank on the far right is possibly the new character. https://goo.gl/images/zdF4pm

Well if you look at the original concept with all the characters most of them are completely different than what there are now. A lot people think the tank on the far right is possibly the new character. https://goo.gl/images/zdF4pm

Oh, don't worry, I do know the main theories that are going around. I was just posting a different take on it all :p.

Yeah, I really think this guy is overthinking a bunch of stuff. But looking again at the Sombra web, and that Blizzard told us to pay attention to it, I guess maybe the new hero will be the fully omnic one and that Kaplan just accidentally said the same stuff without thinking much.

TheOddOne

Yeah, I really think this guy is overthinking a bunch of stuff. But looking again at the Sombra web, and that Blizzard told us to pay attention to it, I guess maybe the new hero will be the fully omnic one and that Kaplan just accidentally said the same stuff without thinking much.

That 4chan leaker hasn't gotten anything right except Winston getting a skin, so I would take the stuff about Anchora with a grain of salt.
Yeah, a lot of people pointed it out that the leaker wasn't reliable. Just crazy seeing people make up all these theories.

Oh, don't worry, I do know the main theories that are going around. I was just posting a different take on it all :p.

Oh ok lol, I hope we get some info on the new character really soon, hopefully sometime next week.

Btw these guys playing right now are really good. I don't think I could ever play on this level lol and for some reason the music for Overwatch reminds me of Warhawk :(

Veelk

Banned
Everyone seems to agree that Mercy is the least effective healer because of her kit not being sufficient to keep up with the likes of Ana or Zenyatta being better since he can multitask while Mercy can only do one thing at a time. But I don't think any healer can be as exhaustive to fight against against. They're like cockroaches, nigh impossible to put down for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom