• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

Watching pro soldier videos and there's so many spots that I'm sleeping on, I also need to stick to high ground. If I see people colliding for some reason I just go straight into it when I can make a bigger impact from above

Its the little things that start turning you into like an average soldier to a carrying one

Also your final blows have to be on point from what I'm seeing

On 1v1s do an of you start with a helix? Or save it for the kill?

Depends on who the 1 v 1 is. Typically I start shooting normal, follow it up with a rocket since it causes them to go in the air a bit and you can then track their fall and finish them. I hold off the rocket depending on who it is I'm fighting. If it's a Tracer I'll wait till recall has been used for example.

Jellie

what's your PSN? i thought you played PC

I swear I played with you just before I did my placements. Think you deleted me but you joined the group I was in (think it had vault in it). I definitely had you added because I remember we won like every comp game we played, even the one where our zarya d/ced on/off 5 times on Numbani. I'm on PC now but I was at my girlfriends for the weekend and she wanted to see what I would place. She got sad that I placed higher than her career high when I only won 2 games.

LiK

I don't feel like I'm much better with any one character than the others anymore to be honest. I should probably find a few mains before the new season. I've just been filling in for what we need on the team lately, and it's convinced me that I can play 80% of the roster comfortably.

Not being really good with one hero anymore will probably hold me back rank wise this season, but at least I can be a good flex player,

ok, i've been focusing on being proficient with 1-2 heroes per class so i can just swap back and forth depending on what other people choose. makes it easy for me to flexible as well. i can play most now just fine but i wanna be proficient with some for Comp.

I swear I played with you just before I did my placements. Think you deleted me but you joined the group I was in. I'm on PC but I was at my girlfriends for the weekend and she wanted to see what I would place. She got sad that I placed higher than her career high when I only won 2 games.

I dunno. I usually delete people I haven't played with in a while if i don't remember who they are in my list. PM me your PSN if you wanna play on PS4.

ok, i've been focusing on being proficient with 1-2 heroes per class so i can just swap back and forth depending on what other people choose. makes it easy for me to flexible as well. i can play most now just fine but i wanna be proficient with some for Comp.
When all else fails, just whip out your Junk
rat

Jellie

I dunno. I usually delete people I haven't played with in a while if i don't remember who they are in my list. PM me your PSN if you wanna play on PS4.

Nah I don't play on PSN anymore. Did the placements and that was it. Besides if I did we'd just lose cos I can't aim on console anymore. Would probably have to go back to being a Lucio main if I did. I'll PM you it just in case I guess.

LiK

When all else fails, just whip out your Junk
rat

did that a few times when i get slightly tilted or i wanna prevent a stomp. altho i feel like people are sorta messing around in QP so it's harder for my Junk to stay alive from flanks, lol

did that a few times when i get slightly tilted or i wanna prevent a stomp. altho i feel like people are sorta messing around in QP so it's harder for my Junk to stay alive from flanks, lol
I do the same with Mei and it works nearly every time.

Maybe you should become a Mei main.

Gorillaz

I like how sombra POTG relies on either nobody in the game using there ults for multi kills or just everyone else playing like shit

rulerk1

played a lot of dva last night and i was in the dumbest fight with this soldier on two occasions while defending Anubis. Dude got hella outplayed by me when I lost my mech but jesus christ his heal station is so annoying. On point A he got me out my mech but left his station chased after me in the back room so I faked going around the corner and headshotted him with his back turn. Second time i booped him off his healing station but he got the big health pack. I lost my mech, started shooting at him again before he put down another fucking healing station. He was jumping back and forth but i guess you have to be standing on the thing to get healed because i was damaging him. I was able to get the big health pack again to kill him before hanzo scattered me. so ridiculous but funny in a way.

Im glad he didnt try to helix me or else i would have lost both of those lol

Wasted a golden gun on Hanzo last season cause I thought it looked cool.
Wasted another one on Mei this season for the same reason. I'm terribly impulsive with these comp points and need to start spending them on characters i actually play all the time lol.

Mr Git

It apparently occurs when you throw your translocator directly facing the ground and not "throwing" it, if that makes sense. It's a very annoying bug.

Another glitch in the system..

It's annoying when it happens by accident but pretty cheesily fun when done on purpose.

Just got in from work, early for once. Gonna have a joint and a beer and then probably play if anyone's on.

I never expect any healing from randoms when playing solo, that's why I only play heroes that can be self sufficient in solo queue.

I'm finally starting to get better with genji, I managed to get a quadruple kill withouth the need of an ulti combo, just me slicing thorugh the enemy team, I want a Raiden skin for him now that I can play him withouth losing track of myself every now and then.

Jellie

Was looking at the overwatch subreddit and some kid was faking pancreatic cancer to try and get a free copy of the game... What is wrong with some people?

antitrop

Everyone should hear the "I need healing!" command.

I want everyone to know how obnoxious you are.
Attack the objective!
Attack the objective!
Attack the objective!
Attack the objective!
Attack the objective!
Attack the objective!
Attack the objective!

randome

I only recently picked this game up. How many heroes and levels were there in the beginning? How often do they add heroes? When (estimate?) will new heroes be added again?

DevilDog

I only recently picked this game up. How many heroes and levels were there in the beginning? How often do they add heroes? When (estimate?) will new heroes be added again?

Levels were always uncapped. You can level up forever.

21 heroes in the beginning.

Ana came in july

Sombra came in November

Expecting another hero for sure in March, although not officially stated.

KarmaCow

There were 21 heroes and 12 maps. They've added 2 heroes, 3 maps, a few modes and some other stuff like cosmetics and quality of life stuff since then. So far heroes have been added every 4 months but we're working with only two data points and speculation about a new hero being released soon.

Jellie

Levels were always uncapped. You can level up forever.

23 heroes in the beginning.

Ana came in july

Sombra came in November

Expecting another hero for sure in March, although not officially stated.

Isn't it 23 total?
21 since launch, not sure how many since beta.

KillGore

I don't understand why is everything Sombra does in this game so loud. Hacking, becoming visible, using translocator...

It's like: "Hey here i am, kill me!" Just stupid!

Widowmaker is the same. You can always hear her say a specific phrase (which I'm tired of hearing by now). Also her high heels are loud as hell.

Widowmaker is the same. You can always hear her say a specific phrase (which I'm tired of hearing by now). Also her high heels are loud as hell.
You can hear her from literally anywhere on the map when she uses her ult. Doesn't feel like the sound actually comes from her direction though, but rather just an unspecified area outside the map. I've tried to follow the sound to find her multiple times and it never works.

randome

There are really 12 maps? Seems like the same 4-6 get rotated over and over. Wonder if I'm missing play modes. I know the 3v3 is a diff.

Jellie

I corrected it, but not fast enough.

Also I accidentally deleted you from my friend's list, I confused your name with a guy named Jiizy. :(

Well at least you recognise me from Gaf now at least instead of only saying hi to Skii :(
It's Jellie#21742
You can hear her from literally anywhere on the map when she uses her ult. Doesn't feel like the sound actually comes from her direction though, but rather just an unspecified area outside the map. I've tried to follow the sound to find her multiple times and it never works.

I think they did that in response to people complaining they couldn't hear her ult since it was a whisper.

AMM-Rogue Vs Faze for anyone interested.

Veelk

Banned

Isn't that every ult though? I always hear enemies ulting.

DevilDog

There are really 12 maps? Seems like the same 4-6 get rotated over and over. Wonder if I'm missing play modes. I know the 3v3 is a diff.
There's 14 maps, plus 1 arcade map. Maps are sort of randomly selected.

Well at least you recognise me from Gaf now at least instead of only saying hi to Skii :(
It's Jellie#21742
Where was your Rein face man, I can't remember almost anyone without their avatar pics.

I'll delete Skii too and make this right

Jellie

There's 14 maps, plus 1 arcade map. Maps are sort of randomly selected.

Where was your Rein face man, I can't remember almost anyone without their avatar pics.

I'll delete Skii too and make this right

I've had it for ages though.

Rogue defending really aggresively with dive comp and it's working so far.

caesar

Banned
Season 4 is starting on Tuesday. I might do placements on the day depending on when I have free time because my dissertation is due this week lol.

But if we're on at the same time, we can defo group up. Since you're accounts were mid-master that decayed, I don't know if the game will just put us into master games though lol. I'm almost certain that after placements that you'll get placed master immediately.

Thanks, but I'm feeling the 0-10 tbh. Gold here I come. Feel like my aim is probably the strongest part of my game so.. dunno what you guys think about how I play so maybe I'm deluded lol.

Imagine if GMs that have decayed are in low diamond games for placements... That'll be fun.

I don't really care if I get a GM Lucio main or something in my game. Something like a GM Zarya would make me pretty sad though. I'm thinking I can get GM this season just need to get that winstreak after 3.8k.

Majine

Banned
Nobody picks healer (...)

I pick Roadhog because we need a tank too and he can sorta heal

Get gold in most damage and most healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom