• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
so I read that ever since they introduced the "REDUCE BUFFERING" display option, it's best to set limit-FPS to "DISPLAY BASED" as opposed to custom.

is this accurate? because when I turn on Reduce Buffering and set limit-FPS to Display Based, I get a decent increase in input lag (according to ctrl + shift + N).

any feedback appreciated!

when you just trying to have fun and practice with widow during defense on king's row. the match just started but fucking get sniped. hard blow. switched to mccree and head shot her back lul. had some good kills with mccree but switched to lucio just to hold the first point as we were nearing the 30 second mark.

komaruR

those discord on bastion (console)
giphy.gif

Has someone posted this yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5yj2zk/ama_request_jeff_kaplan/dew2nf6/

Jeff did an improv AMA on /r/Overwatch and holy shit it's amazing. Just when I think I couldn't possibly think more highly of him, something like this comes around and blows it out of the water. What a fucking treasure to have Jeff at the helm of the Overwatch team.

Right now we're trying some stuff with Lucio. We feel like a lot of players feel like he is a "must have" in comps but he also doesn't feel super impactful to play. We're trying some ideas to make him more engaging to play while making him a little less obvious/must pick. We'll see if those changes make it to the PTR.
Exciting.

This is very different from what I've seen. People definitely do shit on you for playing support.

You didn't heal them when they were across the map and way out of line of sight.

You didn't pocket them and enable suicidal behavior when you were the only healer and trying to help the rest of the team, even after you've explained that you will be doing exactly that.

You didn't keep them alive when bathing in Junkrat bombs.

You didn't notice them needing heals when they were nowhere near where they were supposed to be.

You didn't read their minds and give them exactly what they wanted, when they wanted.

You didn't pick the healer they think you should play.

I can only speak to the Silver/ Low Gold experience here, but no one would dare pull that shit. They know they aren't getting heals the rest of the game. And if they talk shit after, they get told, "Good luck in your future endeavors, which will all be carried out without any heals. Fuck you, and good day." Once you get put on the "Do Not Heal" List on the secret Support Discord, you're done. Might as well go back to TF2, where no one was going to heal your sorry ass anyway.

(I'm mostly kidding. Except for the Discord, that's real as fuck.)

Fugu

My problem with Junkrat is that he's in 100% of the bronze matches I play, and the people rarely know how to use him. They just think it's great that they can attack from far away and get kills sometimes.
I'm in diamond and people don't know how to use Junkrat here, either.

As it turns out, the best way to use Junkrat seems to be to not use Junkrat.

caesar

Banned

darklin0

Banned
I don't know what happened but since the Bastion super buff patch this has been my ping.

GJeSjqE.png

I have tried so many thing but I have no idea what is causing this.

BOY DO I LOVE BEING ON THE FUCKING POINT AND NOT GETTING OVERTIME

sometimes, fuck you overwatch, seriously

Literally landing on the limo on Hollywood with time left and I didn't trigger OT

this game make my blood fucking boil over sometimes, they need to tweak it or make it more apparent when you are not going to get OT even though it 1000% looks like you are on the fucking point

KiraFA37

I don't know what happened but since the Bastion super buff patch this has been my ping.

GJeSjqE.png

I have tried so many thing but I have no idea what is causing this.

You can bind a key in your keyboard settings to display the network graph if you want. Sometimes you can see orange boxes on there which indicate periods of lag and white boxes which indicate when the simulation is catching up. Not sure though and can't check since I'm on mobile. One thing that is important in the graph is the rtt as this indicates how long it takes for a round about trip to the server and back. This should not be much higher then your ping.

That or Google overwatch network trace and you should find a link to Blizzards network path testing which you can use to see if there are any issues upstream and not locally.

Edit: http://us-looking-glass.battle.net/ for connection tests.

Has someone posted this yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5yj2zk/ama_request_jeff_kaplan/dew2nf6/

Jeff did an improv AMA on /r/Overwatch and holy shit it's amazing. Just when I think I couldn't possibly think more highly of him, something like this comes around and blows it out of the water. What a fucking treasure to have Jeff at the helm of the Overwatch team.

Fascinating stuff. Pretty funny stuff, too. (I need to see eye-laser Tracer!)

All hail the Kaplan.

I've set a rule where I don't play past 12 at night. Between the throwers, derankers, boosters, Koreans you can't communicate with, 1 tricks and the trolls... at that point it doesn't come down to skill, it comes to having less of the above on your team. They seem to mainly come out of the wood work in the middle of the night (makes sense as far as the Koreans go but aside from that) so it's better off just to play during the day. The thing that sucks for me is that I'm usually up all night so I get maybe an hour or two of play time before I stop playing.

Just sucks man... I'm making really good progress despite the adversity faced but I can only consistently climb the ladder in bursts. I'm just under 3300 so hopefully things continue to go well. The goal is Masters for this season and I'm almost there. :D

This is probably a stupid question, and I'm guessing the answer is going to be no, but if I was to get the PC version as connect it to my Battle.net account, would I have all the customisation that I've unlocked on the PS4, or would it be a completely fresh profile?

I wouldn't mind getting the PC version, but life without Zenyatta's Ra skin is truly the darkest timeline.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is probably a stupid question, and I'm guessing the answer is going to be no, but if I was to get the PC version as connect it to my Battle.net account, would I have all the customisation that I've unlocked on the PS4, or would it be a completely fresh profile?

I wouldn't mind getting the PC version, but life without Zenyatta's Ra skin is truly the darkest timeline.

Completely fresh.

Cappa

Banned
Good games last night nd and biscuit. Even though the results weren't ideal I felt like every game was pretty solid outside of that one on Dorado.

Let's group up tonight again if your on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom