• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

What do you consider a good sound barrier?

One that hits basically all of the team and wins us a fight efficiently :v

That sounds so simple, but so many people hit sound barrier when there is no need to at all so your ult eco just gets fucked.

Like, the amount of times I've confirmed 2+ kills and I hear BREAK IT DOWN is enough to drive me insane.

Jellie

What do you consider a good sound barrier?

Well should probably get 4+ people in and depends if used offensively or defensively. Gotta get the right timing too.
So if you use it defensively in a graviton and you use it too early and your team wipes to pulse bomb its your fault. If you think they are going for this combo you have to wait for the Tracer to pulse bomb before you ult. Defensive use should look at who you helped really. Decided to look at my Lucio gameplay today to check my soundbarriers and the first one saved a Zarya earth shattered and a low Reinhardt. Second one saved a pinned Zarya and Caeser on soldier from a dragonblade.
If you use it offensively you should do it when you are ontop of the enemy team. So either mid fight or if you use it while engaging speed boost in BEFORE you ult otherwise by the time you engage it's gone.

Jellie

Half the team is dead and you only have two tanks up?

BREAK IT DOWN

I did that today when we only had 3 tanks left. Gave us enough time to stall until mercy respawned with her Rez so I guess it worked.
EDIT: Should add it was the final fight of the round.

i missed last week's deal on the dell 27" gsync 1440p 144hz monitor :(
it was on sale for 410$. if only i check slickdeals often

That is insane. I bought the Asus Rog with similar specs for 700$+ for my friend. My 24" G-sync 1080p monitor is sold for 400$. G-sync is amazing honestly; I don't know why was I skeptical about it.

Anne

I did that today when we only had 3 tanks left. Gave us enough time to stall until mercy respawned with her Rez so I guess it worked.
EDIT: Should add it was the final fight of the round.

Last fight it's whatever tbh.

If it weren't last fight though 9 times out of 10 it's more efficient to just wipe or speed boost out for a reset in situations like that. Sound Barrier is a top 5 ult for its value and it's also the slowest charging ult in the game on average :T

How do you realistically get 6k competitive points?

Playing 300+ matches and end of season rewards.

Jellie

Last fight it's whatever tbh.

If it weren't last fight though 9 times out of 10 it's more efficient to just wipe or speed boost out for a reset in situations like that. Sound Barrier is a top 5 ult for its value and it's also the slowest charging ult in the game on average :T

Playing 300+ matches and end of season rewards.

Is there somehwere that lists the average time it takes to gain ult with each hero? I saw something on reddit for lucio ult on koth compared to non-koth but want to know other heroes in general.

Anne

Is there somehwere that lists the average time it takes to gain ult with each hero? I saw something on reddit for lucio ult on koth compared to non-koth but want to know other heroes in general.

I don't think so, I'm just going off of feel on this one. Sound Barrier is already kinda slow charging, and then since he's speedboosting around a bunch and not healing it can feel like it takes forever sometimes.

Base charge rates would be good to know, huh?

Jellie

I don't think so, I'm just going off of feel on this one. Sound Barrier is already kinda slow charging, and then since he's speedboosting around a bunch and not healing it can feel like it takes forever sometimes.

Base charge rates would be good to know, huh?

Yeah I figured. It's just they had the data on that so thought there might be a place somewhere that had it. Wanted to see how long I took compared to average to build ult on specific heroes.

How do you realistically get 6k competitive points?

I have like 7200CP, I bought golden guns for Zarya and Mei after season 1/2. Haven't bought anything since then (in fact I don't even use the golden guns for either character). I don't really care about the reward for golden guns, I also played a ton of season 3 (I don't mess in QP).

Gorillaz

almost forgot how great it was to spam "is this easy mode" when you have a lead

maybe Dva really is the best of the tanks after all

Vitanimus

yea, they patched it because they thought it was charging too fast before.

If I get to play her for a full match, I only ever get 1/2 ults from her. Also takes a small setup to make sure you get the most value out of it.

Anyone got any vods/videos of some high level streamers playing her? Really curious to see the reception to her.

I have like 7200CP, I bought golden guns for Zarya and Mei after season 1/2. Haven't bought anything since then (in fact I don't even use the golden guns for either character). I don't really care about the reward for golden guns, I also played a ton of season 3 (I don't mess in QP).
I'm in silver hell and will just reach gold at best with all the trolls and noobs, I get no reward.

If I get to play her for a full match, I only ever get 1/2 ults from her. Also takes a small setup to make sure you get the most value out of it.

Anyone got any vods/videos of some high level streamers playing her? Really curious to see the reception to her.
not a high level streamer but skyline did two videos - one playing her the way blizz suggested, and one playing her as a long range support/tank.

he said he found the latter far more effective than the former, due to her small health pool and no real way to mitigate incoming damage. she is also very susceptible to dives, & can't really fend off flankers the same way rein can because her gun is rather crappy up close vs small hitboxes.

My feelings after I failed that charge at the beginning of the match in hanamura:

avestruz1.jpg

Still don't understand how I got stuck in the door. I think Rein gained weight on my game. It's the only explanation.

Sorry ;_;

A lot of games without throwers feels unreal, though the team comp in dorado was very questionable. Some good games today.

Jellie

not a high level streamer but skyline did two videos - one playing her the way blizz suggested, and one playing her as a long range support/tank.

he said he found the latter far more effective than the former, due to her small health pool and no real way to mitigate incoming damage. she is also very susceptible to dives, & can't really fend off flankers the same way rein can because her gun is rather crappy up close vs small hitboxes.
Yeah was just about to suggest the same videos. Beaten :(
This is literally making me soooooooo mad rn and I'm not even you.
haha I got more clips but I won't post them or the mercy mains will hate me

Vitanimus

The number of smurf accounts on Xbox is fucking unbelievable. I just hit level 25 and so far in about 50% of my matches, the winning team has multiple smurf accounts outplaying everyone. So many people looking for easy wins even in quickplay, smh. It's done using Xbox accounts created on the home console, so I don't think it's easy for Blizzard to detect either.

Azoor

The number of smurf accounts on Xbox is fucking unbelievable. I just hit level 25 and so far in about 50% of my matches, the winning team has multiple smurf accounts outplaying everyone. So many people looking for easy wins even in quickplay, smh. It's done using Xbox accounts created on the home console, so I don't think it's easy for Blizzard to detect either.

How do you know they're smurf accounts? I am just curious.

Pretty much, they also tend to have overwatch character names in their account name and are very recently created gamertags with almost no gamerscore.

Also, they'll just straight up tell you if it's a smurf account, usually in the form of a not-so-stealth brag or as a diss.

"My main/other account is master/GM/top 500", which is sometimes occasionally followed at some point by "This is why you guys will always stay in plat/diamond/masters."

When the shitty trio who were toxic last match then you vs against them next and roll them sweet vindication
😛😛😛😛😛

When the shitty trio who were toxic last match then you vs against them next and roll them sweet vindication
😛😛😛😛😛

This is up there in "greatest feeling" one can achieve in the game, I had this one dude asking me why I didnt play as well when he was in my team. I just replied back I only did well when playing against assholes.

This is up there in "greatest feeling" one can achieve in the game, I had this one dude asking me why I didnt play as well when he was in my team. I just replied back I only did well when playing against assholes.

Specifically it was this widow player who went her on def hanamura and attack when it was our turn. I went genji cuz we had no dmg and no one went for tp.

He ended saying n1 genji

Next match he played his useless widow then switched to Genji at the end i typed n1 genji

Left without saying anything
Feltgood

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Man, his Discord is so good that I dunno why anyone would bitch about him. Oh well, can't win them all.
People think they have to rambo their way through every single fight with pocket heals and don't like his method of healing. About every 1/3 games as Zen I'll have someone armchair critiquing how I'm playing him when I've racked up wins with him.

teepo

i've had a player quit a match within the first minute because i wouldn't switch off zen to play reinhardt despite the other team running a phara/mercy and our only other support being a mercy

komaruR

ive said it before, orisa gonna make reaper come back to meta! :p
People think they have to rambo their way through every single fight with pocket heals and don't like his method of healing. About every 1/3 games as Zen I'll have someone armchair critiquing how I'm playing him when I've racked up wins with him.
most people that gets pocket by mercy thinks they're invincible and runs into the fight thinking they can 1v3+ people lol.

Well, I'm on and noone else is.
il be on a little later, dinner first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom