• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

1-1 so far tonight. Both Route 66, second one was a fetus babbling about Symmetra and Seagull the entire match before our Hanzo quit after the 2nd checkpoint.

Play on your main and we can do real Comp :)

Don't have one, when I play seriously I pick what the team needs and change according to the enemy team. I'm comfortable with most characters. I'll be on later after I wake up, don't like to play like this because I tend to do stupid shit due to how sleepy I am v_v

LiK

Don't have one, when I play seriously I pick what the team needs and change according to the enemy team. I'm comfortable with most characters. I'll be on later after I wake up, don't like to play like this because I tend to do stupid shit due to how sleepy I am v_v

I mean main account, lol

cyborg009

Banned
So today someone was trying to throw the game when we were up 3-0 on watchpoint. they tied us at 3-3. So I decided to say fuck it and started to throw too.
we still won

LiK

Oh, not playing comp in that one. Not gonna touch OW when DSIII dlc 2 releases and then there's Persona.

Also having way more fun than usual on comp trying new stuff on the other one.

Eh, I don't wanna do Comp with your smurf if you're trying new things. Maybe next season then. Lol

DevilDog

There are a lot of things this game can learn from League of Legends.

For example:

• How to be a good competitive game.
  • Traps are not as fun in FPS view as it is in Top down View.
  • How hooks should work.
  • How ultimates are supposed to be intuitive and easier to play around.

finalflame

There are a lot of things this game can learn from League of Legends.

For example:

• How to be a good competitive game.
  • Traps are not as fun in FPS view as it is in Top down View.
  • How hooks should work.
  • How ultimates are supposed to be intuitive and easier to play around.

Stopped reading here. Please, my dude.

DevilDog

Stopped reading here. Please, my dude.
s-l300.jpg

I know, you and the 10k overwatch e-sports viewers are going to be dissapointed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wanted to play some comp today, didn't take my own advice of losing two in a row. Lost about 5 or 6 in a row now.

Instant lock McCree against a team with Zayra, Rein, and Zen. Three people can shut you down easily. Why?

Get told to switch from Ana to Mercy, because someone will only heal if they are Ana. Get killed several times from behind.

Get blamed for going Bastion, when you simply do not have enough damage to stop the tank team with a single Soldier and McCree. It worked too. But you can't stem the bleeding.

Asked either the Reaper or Genji to switch, so we had some range. Get told, we'll see how it goes.

Why in fucking hell is my team more aggressive on defense than offensive? Afraid to be by the payload, but trying to camp the other team's spawn.

I think it's Watchpoint, but how many times you let them just push the payload past or we could just walk right past their defense and force them down that way.

I know I'm not good, but this shit was frustrating.

finalflame

Always love when trying to enjoy casual QP and some dicks switch to gold heroes cuz they were losing.

Does wanting to win make you a dick? Every game is about winning. I switch to my golds when I'm not doing well on the bullshit I'm practicing in QP -- am I a dick? :p

Playing Overwatch for the first time in two weeks - first game in QP there's a Genji who spends the first thirty seconds of the match calling everyone on the team pussies and faggots. (His is before the match has even started.) I proceed to mute him because I don't want to listen to him the rest of the game. He quits about a minute into the actual match because he dies twice quickly. After the game I go to block him for good measure and lo and behold, his game library is all COD & Battlefield. Welp.

GoaThief

Well comp got worse today. Plummet from Master continued overall and I don't feel I could have done much more. Vocal and positive on mic but some still don't want to play nice or just stay in party chat in a 2/3 stack. People on a bigger drop and tilt just wanting to take everyone with them. Being very flexible with choices of tank/dps/healer but team mates not able to step up in whatever role they choose (usually not characters theyre experienced with because... IDK). Being at high diamond but paired with people who take overall team rating to around 3000 and thus being out of their depth through no fault of their own.

Honestly feel like giving up altogether until next season and shoot for GM from the start with the bonus SR/streak combo. Ugh.

rulerk1

4 attack heroes yet I as zen had gold elims, objective time and ducking damage. And then they kept switching to different attack heroes when the ones they were playing weren't working. The only thing they did was kept a Zarya full charge for the whole match.

Fugu

All of those hours spamming a-MEI-zing! in quick play have paid off. I have saved so many games on defense as her. I'm surprised this shit works at 33xx.

LiK

Currently against a tryhard 4 stack. Fun

Edit: Hahaha, wrecked them. I was like all super focused suddenly. Need to upload this match soon.

Anne

Almost every single comp match I was in tonight had a Mercy in it on top of my team having 3+ support players lmao. What a night.

I'm playing way too late for you on the week, usually 0-1am, though that might change in this one. My SR right now is 2750, if we play together the average will be around 3000SR. In theory the games should be easier, but I don't know if there's also a higher chance of getting throwers compared to games with an average 200-300SR higher than that. I'm always up to play with you when I'm in a comp mood.

Bastions in my games have been hilarious. He's OP for sure, but a lot of people overestimate his abilities, you can't just be by yourself in sentry mode completely exposed and expect to survive lmao

And yeah, I'm also not using mic anymore. If I'm in a group I turn voice chat on, but I'm not speaking anymore. My concentration levels are much higher this way, and in my last games I didn't felt like the talk was helping at all... on the contrary, only makes me feel more frustrated.

We wrecked the opposing Bastion on both rounds of Eichenwald today. I was Zen and Discord/pump damage from distance worked like a charm (okay our Zarya dumping grenades onto him from behind the payload and Reaper sneak-fucking him every chance he got helped too).
It's nice- and uncommon- when that happens these days.

finalflame

Holy fuck, the Jake electric cowboy play on Point B Anubis at the end of the second round. It didn't win them the point but it was fucking insane and so satisfying to watch him melt Renegades' Rein.

I am probably a game away from gold. Last game was good; we had good communication and our plan worked. Hopefully low level players will start rushing choke points and choosing dive characters more instead of dying at choke points. They just give Sym and turret characters too much respect; just rush them and capitalize when a flanker starts poking the team from behind; it is like they freeze, watch you die while preparing a toxic team message that says die with us behind the choke point. I recall going behind the team and destroying EVERY Sym turret there with Tracer, so half of their DAMAGED team starts chasing me and my team didn't respond. It is partially my fault for not calling them via voice channel even if they don't want to listen (it was QP with me preparing Tracer for comp). /QUOTE]

Ha, I had a game as Mercy a few days ago with a turret-laced choke. Literally no one would go clear them out or try to rush past them. I actually had to pull out my pistol and get an angle on them and clear them out. And then still no one would advance, and then the Symm came and cleaned me up as my team ran back towards spawn.
I was laughing too hard to tilt, it was just that pathetic. Silver is a fascinating place at times.

Completely agree. Junkrat's that refuse to switch are much worse than Hanzo's that refuse to switch. At least even bad hanzo's get random hs or good ults but Junkrat's are always terrible. When told to switch they play the ''..b-but gold damage'' card.

I'll take a vertically-minded Junkrat who knows enough to come to the edge when he needs heals. That damage from high, weird angles is no joke on the opposing team's mindset.

My problem with Junkrat is that he's in 100% of the bronze matches I play, and the people rarely know how to use him. They just think it's great that they can attack from far away and get kills sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom