• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

How to dominate solo queue:

1. Get flanker.
  2. Go on the back.
  3. Win every game unless team is feeding beyond space and time

It amazes me how quickly a team will panic and totally abandon the high ground/defending point because a Tracer touched the point for 3 seconds.

NeoCross

So I tried Zen for the first time today and he's kinda...good? His orb of discord is really neat and his primary attack is ridiculously good. Fuck genjis that dive me though at least with Ana I have sleep dart and grenade to protect myself. People don't really protect their healers on QP lol.

caesar

Banned
How to dominate solo queue:

1. Get flanker.
  2. Go on the back.
  3. Win every game unless team is feeding beyond space and time

Pick tracer, flank healers ,bomb something kill more things, bait flashbang, kill mccree, bomb something, kill healer, continue hard carry

Jellie

Every time, lol.

Zarya: Hey guys! Just made it back to the fight after respawning, what's happe...
Anna: You're powered up, get in there!
Zarya: Wait, I don't have any charge in my gun.
Anna: I said. Get. In. There.

Smash cut to "DEFEAT".

When they do have charge though...
Ana_Pacha2.png

Top 500 for season 4 just came out

That was much quicker than previous seasons wasn't it? Usually came half way through.

DevilDog

One enemy member leaves.

And then..

raw

Till they're all gone and we win.

WTF is going on today

Pick tracer, flank healers ,bomb something kill more things, bait flashbang, kill mccree, bomb something, kill healer, continue hard carry

Pick soldier, harass the harasser, drop healing station when healers get low.

Win every game.

caesar

Banned
One enemy member leaves.

And then..

raw

Till they're all gone and we win.

WTF is going on today

Pick soldier, harass the harasser, drop healing station when healers get low.

Win every game.

Pfft aslong as you dodge the helix you can easily kill him through healing station.

The system that decides SR loss and gain is still fucking garbage.

I regularly only gain maybe 20 SR a win and I just lost 40 SR. On a control map where it went 2-2 and we lost on overtime.

finalflame

i have decided to just lock zarya immediately unless i really feel like playing rein

Just don't do it if you're on my team ;)

Man, LGE just pushed the payload ALL THE WAY to the end on overtime in Gibraltar. So fucking insane. Real chance it'll go to 5 games now between LGE and LGL.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Quit, lol

It seems to be easier to carry as DPS than support.

Managed to win a few finally, then lost my last two. Instant lock Genji and McCree. It just sends a shiver down my spine. Following game, lost both rounds as a healer. But won the next two as a DPS. Lost the third to a Mercy rez. I went on Mei duty(Prevent my team that continually overextended from getting flanked... again). I feel like it's an MMO all over again, babysitting people who can see forward.

finalflame

thanks for posting this :)

My pleasure :) I hate missing tournaments because I don't realize they're on, so I try to subscribe to all the OW eSports channels now so I know when stuff is going on.

Man, LG Evil really pulled that off when it was looking insanely grim for them on Gibraltar. Overwatch can be such a crazy game.

Anyways, time to get some food for compLexity vs. Team Liquid.

But Roadhog also has his right-click, which I think is a high-skill ability. Just this week I had my first moment where I 1-shot two characters in a row with his right-click and then hooked a third for the kill. It felt incredible, and it was probably my highest "skill moment" with Roadhog so far. Those kinds of possibilities are what keep my playing the hero, and they keep him relevant up the skill list because he is built to be effective at all levels.

Yup, I have always loved Roadhog's alt-fire. Catching a Genji or Tracer with it at perfect minimum range is so chunky-sounding and satisfying. Just brutal. The hook is scary as fuck, but that alt-fire cements 'Hog as a truly monstrous character.

The funny thing about bastion being so META right now (side note: the nerf can't come soon enough to console), is people are finally understanding the value in focusing Reinhardt's shield so it breaks immediately. A concept that was once very foreign in gold/plat leagues! Was a very refreshing night for comp to me, had a bunch of teammates who actually wanted to try teamwork at the start of the match instead of waiting for the clock wind down to 1:00 and go for the hail mary teamwipe.

All this Orisa talk.. I haven't looked at much of any videos besides some stuff posted here and there. Who is a good counter to Orisa?

That's a really good point, and something I've been noticing without registering that I had been noticing it until you pointed it out.

playing Rein is funner for me when they have a Rein too. The mindgames played between us is intense. almost like we share a bond. That and when im the only Rein my team doesnt stand behind my shield and kill anything:(

My heart stopped when Lucio woke that Tracer. I was wondering how yall got out of that lol

It always disappoints me when I see an opposing Rein and get all juiced, and he turns out to be a YOLO charger. What are you even doing with your life, my elderly German friend?

Veelk

Banned
Is anyone on on PS4 and in range of 2300 SR? I am on the verge of giving up on the game because I can't get any more good games. Please help.

As someone who once picked Bastion far too often, what happens is this:
1) Bad hero is picked.
2) Team tells person to get off bad hero.
3) Person becomes invested in their choice; thinks "I'll show them" or "I can do this and prove them wrong."
4) Person sticks with bad hero and fails to succeed.

Another approach that can sometimes be successful is this:
1) Bad hero is picked.
2) One person on the team says "We need an X - person, I am sure your Y is good, but would you mind going X for the team?"

This removes the possibility for defensiveness, and creates team cohesion.

"I believe in you, but if things go south could you switch off to (Category/ Character X)? We got this!" really works 99% of the time in the lower levels. At worst they admit that they can't play anything else, so you try to work with their one trick and encourage them along the way. There's a lot of defensive salt and poorly-hidden fear in Bronze and Silver. Being calm, and kind, and positive goes a long way.

Fugu

So I'm watching Complexity vs. Team Liquid and I'm noticing that Team Liquid has Rapha and DaHang, two (former?) Quake pros. I don't really follow pro Overwatch much but I do follow a lot of Quake and it's great to see these guys cross over.

Anyone know how they're doing? Those two are basically the best Quake Live players ever.

Anne

So I'm watching Complexity vs. Team Liquid and I'm noticing that Team Liquid has Rapha and DaHang, two (former?) Quake pros. I don't really follow pro Overwatch much but I do follow a lot of Quake and it's great to see these guys cross over.

Anyone know how they're doing? Those two are basically the best Quake Live players ever.

They're both pretty good but their team never really puts up results cause reasons.

Fugu

Rapha recently switched to support. He used to play a lot of Zarya and Pharah.

Whenever I run into him in QP, he's playing Soldier or Genji.
Zarya and Pharah seem like natural choices for Quake players on account of their respective weapons being directly analogous to things that exist in Quake.

...I say this as a Quake player that plays a lot of Zarya and Pharah.

antitrop

Zarya and Pharah seem like natural choices for Quake players on account of their respective weapons being directly analogous to things that exist in Quake.

DaHang is a straight support main in OW, though. He plays Ana/Zen/Mercy.

Id_ is also a really good quake 3/live player, also cypher and cooller played for some random team ... and didn't look impressive at all :(

As a q3 player, I also main Zarya and Pharah... But Zarya did not feel natural to me, while Pharah and Mei did.

pizzacat

Banned

ana literally got the rail gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom