• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OXM scores (+ Halo 2.5 in the works?)

Solid

Sue me if old. Credit to Lunar Chaos.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (Xbox, Ubisoft): 9.0
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (Xbox, EA): 8.0
The Bard's Tale (Xbox, InXile Entertainment): 7.7
Bloodrayne 2 (Xbox, Majesco): 7.2
Crash 'N' Burn (Xbox, Eidos): 5.1
Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 2 (Xbox, Konami): 8.0
Dead or Alive Ultimate (Xbox, Tecmo): 8.8
The Dukes of Hazzard: Return of the General Lee (Xbox, Ubisoft): 4.6
Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly (Xbox, Tecmo): 8.4
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (Xbox, EA): 6.8
OutRun 2 (Xbox, Sega): 8.7
Need for Speed Underground 2 (Xbox, EA): 8.9
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (Xbox, Sega): 7.8
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (Xbox, Konami): 4.2
The URBZ: Sims in the City (Xbox, EA): 6.4
Shark Tale (Xbox, Activision): 6.0
Spyro: A Hero's Tail (Xbox, Vivendi): 6.7
Rocky Legends (Xbox, Ubisoft): 6.6
Godzilla: Save the Earth (Xbox, Atari): 7.1
Fight Club (Xbox, Vivendi): 6.4
Karaoke Revolution (Xbox, Konami): 8.0
NCAA March Madness 2005 (Xbox, EA): 8.2
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 (Xbox, Sega): 8.8

Playable Demos:

Conker: Live and Reloaded
Forza Motorsport
Star Wars: Battlefront
ESPN NHL 2K5
Outlaw Golf 2
Rocky Legends

Rumor Mole

Halo 2.5? - Okay, so the mole wasn't completely right about the existence of halo 1.5, but he wasn't completely wrong either (halo PC was essentially halo 1.5). With halo 2 now here, guess what? A halo 2.5 is not entirely out of the question as an Xbox 2 launch title, and it could be done in time for the launch(even if that is only a year from now) by a small part of the bungie team. Its no secret that. A) the real third act and ending of Halo 2 was chopped to make the november 9 release date, B) the next Xbox could use the clout that the Bungie and Halo names bring to the table to help launch the new system, C) everyone who buys the next xbox would pay another $50 for halo 2.5, and D) doing "Director's cut" of halo 2 with new graphics, the true finale, and some new multiplayer stuff would help the bungie team get its feet wet on the new hardware while it works on its first real next-gen project. It's a win-win-win scenario for microsoft, for bungie, and for gamers. Maybe its even true.

Deepthroat said:
C) everyone who buys the next xbox would pay another $50 for halo 2.5, and D) doing "Director's cut" of halo 2 with new graphics, the true finale, and some new multiplayer stuff would help the bungie team get its feet wet on the new hardware while it works on its first real next-gen project.

what a stupid stupid idea (if true)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If we start having to put up with win-win-win triangles in GAF, I'm off :/

How is this a win for gamers to pay $50 for the bit of the game that we should have had anyway?

It'd be a reworked graphics engine, so I don't know how much it'd push the Xbox2. Having said that though, if they used the cut scene graphics ingame, I'd jizz my pants..

aaaaa0

mrklaw said:
Having said that though, if they used the cut scene graphics ingame, I'd jizz my pants..

You can bet if this isn't a BS rumor and they do a Halo 2 Remix for xenon, the graphics will look better than the cut scene graphics in Halo 2. With no texture pop-in. :)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (Xbox, EA): 8.0
Wow this game is scoring all over the place... didn't somebody else score it really low? Looks like it's going to be one of THOSE titles... you either like it... or you hate it... no in the middles....

Solid

DarienA said:
Wow this game is scoring all over the place... didn't somebody else score it really low? Looks like it's going to be one of THOSE titles... you either like it... or you hate it... no in the middles....
Yeah, PSM gave it 6.5.

Dkong

Playable demo of Conker; sweet!

Okay, so the mole wasn't completely right about the existence of halo 1.5, but he wasn't completely wrong either (halo PC was essentially halo 1.5).

:lol
Now that is lame.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I would pay $50 for Halo 2 + a new ending chapter or 2 + ingame graphics that match the cutscenes and all run at 60fps.

p.s. torrent conker demo pls

Coop

who cares about halo 2.545334534..What is the demo for Conker? Is it multiplayer or single player? Or both?

Solid

Singel I think.

Demo including in the disc of the official magazine of Xbox takes in completing about 15 or 20 minutes and has three parts, all of the chapter "Saving Private Rodent" of the adventure for a player ( Bad Fur Day ) who parodia the film on World War II To save Ryan Soldier .

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I dunno if Halo 2.5 will be such a hot idea. They should just start work on an epic and revolutionary part III (Graphics, Story and AI-wise) for Xbox Next to coincide with the PS3 launch and I'm sure that's what they're gonna do.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Okay, so the mole wasn't completely right about the existence of halo 1.5, but he wasn't completely wrong either (halo PC was essentially halo 1.5).
:lol

So he was right about something that was publicly announced and that everyone knew about? +10 CREDIBILITY!

Sean

Banned
Screw everything else, there's a Conker demo!!! :D :D

Is this on sale yet, or do only subscribers have it right now?

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".

I don't understand this. Halo PC was developed by Gearbox, Bungie wasn't even that involved in the project. How does that make it Halo 1.5?

john2kx

Deepthroat said:
C) everyone who buys the next xbox would pay another $50 for halo 2.5, and D) doing "Director's cut" of halo 2 with new graphics, the true finale, and some new multiplayer stuff would help the bungie team get its feet wet on the new hardware while it works on its first real next-gen project. It's a win-win-win scenario for microsoft, for bungie, and for gamers. Maybe its even true.

He assumes too much.

i'm not paying $50 to complete an incomplete game that I already paid ~ $55 for - finish your crappy story, send it through an XBL update, and give us what we paid for, Bungie.

Even if the graphics make me shit my pants, I'd be angry on principle.

PG2G

If they were to make a Halo 2 for xbox, i'd prefer if they just take the multiplayer part (and expand on it) and release a "Halo 2: Arena" of some sort. Personally, I'm not gonna play through single player again after I beat it on heroic unless a friend wants to run through some co-op. The multiplayer is what people are going to be playing until Halo 3 comes out. I say add new maps and make sure it has Unreal Engine 3 level graphics, and sell it for $29.99 or $39.99. I'd buy it :p It'd make a nice tech demo at the very minimum.

Chi-Town

"Its no secret that. A) the real third act and ending of Halo 2 was chopped to make the november 9 release date,"

This guy has been hanging out in too many forums. At most, I expect some type of Halo double-pack for the next system with updated graphics. They'll finish the story in Halo 3.

SantaCruZer said:
2.5 of a game just sound retarded. They should save all efforts for Halo 3.

Just sort of a side note. Let's have a show of hands as to who here bought DOA Hardcore?
That was pretty much a 2.5 and I never heard too many complaints about it. Though maybe my circle is a little biased to the lovely antics of Tina and the twins.

I'm not an insider, nor do I spend every waking moment digging through forums and news sites for little kernals of info about rumored games and what not. However when we consider that Halo 2 essentially sat around for awhile before it's release, I find the idea that they cut something to make a release date sort of hard to believe just from a logical stand point.

While we're on the subject of cutting and such I wouldn't turn down a Halo 2.5 on several conditions.
1) A better ending note. Halo 2 was the gaming equivalent of a swift kick to the nuts moments before release.
2) Bosses!? Bosses!? If I wanted boss battles I'd play Metroid Prime or something like that. The whole boss thing just didn't really work for me.
3) No more libraries.. seriously, if there's one thing that Bungie should've fixed it was level design, given the complaints about Halo. Instead they gave us more Libraries and Bosses. Fixing what wasn't broken and giving us more of the thing most people hated.

Anyway... Halo is very slowly losing it's hold on me I think. A scary thought but that's the way things go... now Gordon Freeman... I have a feeling he won't let me down.

Nerevar

The Guivre said:
3) No more libraries.. seriously, if there's one thing that Bungie should've fixed it was level design, given the complaints about Halo. Instead they gave us more Libraries and Bosses. Fixing what wasn't broken and giving us more of the thing most people hated.

What? The library was one of the best levels in Halo 2 IMO. Varied environments and unique enemies made it everything the Library from Halo 1 wasn't.

The Guivre said:
Let's have a show of hands as to who here bought DOA Hardcore?
Tecmo didn't hold back the ending for DOA2, which I have bought three times and have never had trouble releasing to.

The whole boss thing just didn't really work for me.
When we were beating the prophet out his chair, you know it was working for you. Hammer Bros, no, but the chair beating was allright

Gordon Freeman... I have a feeling he won't let me down.
He will if you don't upgrade your rig. Game has mad HD access issues.

segasonic

thorns said:
what's so crappy about halo 2 story? I love it so far.
There's nothing wrong about. It's just that people are crybabies and cannot handle a cliffhanger. Where were they when the Empire Strikes Back was heralded as the best Star Wars movie?

luxsol

segasonic said:
Where were they when the Empire Strikes Back was heralded as the best Star Wars movie?
Reaching for the eject button on the VCR on one hand and in the other holding the Return of the Jedi VHS copy. =P

Nerevar

segasonic said:
There's nothing wrong about. It's just that people are crybabies and cannot handle a cliffhanger. Where were they when the Empire Strikes Back was heralded as the best Star Wars movie?

I'd say the ending to Halo 2 was much more akin to the ending of the Matrix Reloaded than to the Empire Strikes back. I think if you want to do cliffhanger endings, the best example would be to follow how they did in the Lord of the Rings movies - tie things up nicely for that storyline but clearly set up the next story arc. They didn't really do that in Halo 2 though, it just kind of ... ended. All IMO, of course, but the ending certainly didn't "ruin it" for me.

Top Bottom