• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OXM scores + Virtua Fighter 5 Xenon launch exclusive (rumour)

Izzy

Banned
From the latest issue of OXM (UK)

Scores:
Jade Empire = 9.3/10 Elite
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe = 8.6/10 Elite
Dancing Stage Unleashed 2 = 7.5/10
Close Combat:FtF = 8.4/10
Counter Terrorist Special Forces:FfE = 7.3/10
Mashed:Fully Loaded = 6.0/10
Kao The Kangaroo = 5.5/10
Tak 2:TSoD = 7.0/10
Brothers in Arms:RtH30 = 8.9/10 Elite
World Championship Snooker 2005 = 8.2/10
Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory = 9.4/10 Elite
Stolen = 5.0/10

Rumours:
Virtua Fighter 5 might be an Xbox 2 launch title

Next month:
World Exclusive first look at Burnout 4 and World Exclusive first Xbox shots of Half Life 2!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Only sega would be dumb enough to switch a franchise to 3 platforms in 3 generations.. it will happen :lol

Edit:

Hey Sega, remember where supporting the xbox with all the effort you could muster years ago got you?
Oh thats right.. NOWHERE :D

Doom_Bringer said:
Nice to see that HL2 is coming to xbox instead of xbox 2

WTF is wrong with you!! VF5 might be Xenon exclusive!!!! WHO CARES ABOUT HL2 ON XBOX?!?

Suikoguy said:
Only sega would be dumb enough to switch a franchise to 3 platforms in 3 generations.. it will happen :lol

I think it's safe to assume that Sega won't be repeating VF5 on NAOMI 2. Yu don't play that. It will be on their new arcade platform that's way beyond NAOMI 2. And if that's indeed the case, what makes you think PS2 has any hopes of doing it justice?

Xenon would be perfect for it since it'll be the lone next gen hardware for early 2006.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Fighters at launch tend to do well so i could see it happening, probably a good idea too, surely not exclusive though.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
They actually use the term "Elite" for their scores? Trying to appeal to the hardcore |337 CoUnTeRsTrIkE crowd?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Ghost said:
Fighters at launch tend to do well so i could see it happening, probably a good idea too, surely not exclusive though.

If its not exclusive, then disgregard this wonderful mantra;

Sega Exec: "Hmm, how can we fuck ourselves over more?"
Dumb Ass Lackey 1: "Hmm, that new xbox is coming out, what is it, Xbox 180?'
Dumb Ass Lackey 2: "No, its 360 Dumbass, hey, why don't we release all kinds of games on it, even though we are not sure how it will do, and even though the xbox screwed us over!"
Sega Exec: "Thats truely up to our genious levels, how about a Virtua Fighter! The only game that sold wortha damn on ps2 that was not a sports title."
Dumb Ass Lackey 1: " Thats genius! All the ps2 people will quickly pickup an xbox 360, it will sell far better then any game before...."

It's probably one of those "exclusives" that are time related. It'll be exclusive to Xbox 2 for six months, or until the release of the PS3, which ever comes first. :) Microsoft can claim it's exclusive at launch because a decent version of it won't run on the PS2, Xbox, or GC hardware.

Suikoguy

gofreak said:
Hmm..Burnout 4 on Xbox? Or Xbox2? Or both?

Both, it seems to be the mantra of this fall.
Which may be a blessing or a curse...

BlueLegs

Deku Tree said:
DOA4 vs. VF5 fight!
Itagaki is about to get his franchise owned if this is true, not that i mind as i don't like DOA anyway. At least this will get him to hopefully work on another action game as NG rocked!

But i am going to love his interviews telling us what he thinks of VF5. :D

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Suikoguy said:

Sega sells over 850,000 copies of VF4/VF4E on Playstation 2.

And the best selling non-Sega Sports title on Xbox sells under 200 K.

I think its safe to say this rumor is definitely fact!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Lakitu said:
Blimblim?

And I'd much rather Half-Life 2 be released on X360 rather than Xbox, what are they thinking.
Yes Half Life 2 is on Xbox. I thought it would be announced at GDC. No Xbox360 version planned.
As for Burnout 4, it will be on Xbox/PS2/NGC and Xbox360. I don't know for sure if Xbox360 is the reference platform, but I think so.
VF5, I don't know anything about (same for all japanese 3rd parties)

ram

burnout 4 next month? so they will unveil it like last year before the e3 in may. maybe the the next opm2 usa will have a first look to.

As for Burnout 4, it will be on Xbox/PS2/NGC and Xbox360. I don't know for sure if Xbox360 is the reference platform, but I think so.

i dont think so - reference plattform will be the ps2 (like burnout 3) - and only a somewhat nicier port will evtl. end up on the xbox successor.

xexex

Banned
awesome.

if Virtua Fighter 5 comes out on Xenon, I hope Sega takes a cue from Namco and have arcade-exact renditions of VF1, VF2, VF2.1, VF3, VF3TB, at least. ala Tekken 5 having T1-T2-T3.

VF4, VF4 Evo, VF4 Final Tuned would be sweet also.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i can almost guarantee there will be no exclusive vf5 for xenon at launch

VF is an ARCADE GAME. it wont be at home for atleast another year or so

cause sega makes waaaaaaaaay more money in the arcade than they ever would plopping their biggest money maker (sans that 3 kingdoms card game) on an untested system whos last incarnation sold about 25 systems in japan.

this rumor is false, im slamming the book down right now! it might come out on xenon some day, but it DEFINITELY WITHOUT A DOUBT WILL NOT come out at launch.

sp0rsk said:

cause sega makes waaaaaaaaay more money in the arcade than they ever would plopping their biggest money maker (sans that 3 kingdoms card game) on an untested system whos last incarnation sold about 25 systems in japan.

this rumor is false, im slamming the book down right now! it might come out on xenon some day, but it DEFINITELY WITHOUT A DOUBT WILL NOT come out at launch.

What if VF5 launches in arcades in early summer, and then comes out for Xenon at JP launch a year later? ;)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
ram said:
i dont think so - reference plattform will be the ps2 (like burnout 3) - and only a somewhat nicier port will evtl. end up on the xbox successor.
No one cares about what you think.
Most EA titles for the end of the year use Xbox360 as their reference platform, if what actual developers told is to be believed. And considering Criterion certainly provides the rendering engine for most of these games, I don't see them not use X360 as reference too.
So unless you have actual info about this, shut up.

Drexon

Banned
Has there been any information of VF5 being based on that chip, that works well on PS2... ehm.. naomi? I'm guessing here, help me out.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
BlueLegs said:
Itagaki is about to get his franchise owned if this is true, not that i mind as i don't like DOA anyway. At least this will get him to hopefully work on another action game as NG rocked!

But i am going to love his interviews telling us what he thinks of VF5. :D

That would be a dream come true for Itagaki. As you may know Itagaki loves VF, he tries not to admit to it much but it was Tekken who stealed VF's thunder way back when, that just might be one of the reasons for his hate really. AM2 provided a lot of help with the development of the first two DOA's, specially DOA2.

jett

D-Member
sp0rsk said:

You said everything that needed to be said.

Azih

I want this to happen badly. Because it would be such a purely SEGA move and it'd make me laugh my fool head off if it did happen.

Barnimal

Banned
Suikoguy said:
If its not exclusive, then disgregard this wonderful mantra;

blah blah blah. besides VF on ps2 BARELY and the sonic games on GC, sega has done shitty ALL AROUND. you act as if sony is the magic box that equals sales up the ying yang but lets seeeeeee...shinobi, night shade, headhunter, rez, hell anything that WASNT a sports game or VF flopped on the ps2. It'd be stupid for sega to wait until vf5 is a year old to release it at home waiting for ps3. they probably dotnt even have dev kits yet. If sega is working on new arcade hardware, have gotten a free ride with chihiro and sees that the x2 kits they have sitting around are good enough and close enough to their new arcade hardware then why the hell would they sit around twiddling their thumbs? THAT would be stupid.

sol5377

This makes tons of sense because for Xenon's japanese launch, Microsoft is going to need more Japanese big hitters. You've got fighters (DOA4 and VF5 potentially) RPGs (mistwalker), soccer (Konami? EA?), Quirky (Q Entertainment), racers (Burnout 4, PGR4), platformers (Kameo), and tons of shooters/action games. Ironically, Microsoft is *not* playing any games this time around.

Sony should be taking them seriously this time, or risk losing mucho market share.

Top Bottom