• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 47, 2015

Hasney

Blazblue might pop into the PS4 charts again next week if these £0.01 orders are somehow honoured :p.

So even though BF had two days less sales than F4, we can agree F4 did better right?

Like if you extrapolated those BF numbers up I can't see them hitting 480k.

Yeah, easily I'd say. We know how front loaded these big hitters are.

Bruno MB

So even though BF had two days less sales than F4, we can agree F4 did better right?

Like if you extrapolated those BF numbers up I can't see them hitting 480k.

Definitely.

And I assume 325,000 should be very close to the real number, am I right?

Kosma

Banned
It won't match first week sales still. Just give it one of those FIFA/COD bumps that keeps it in the top 5.

You think so?

It's the biggest movie of the year.

But I guess other games like COD/FIFA will get a Xmas bump too.

Fairly large gap for Battlefront between Ps4 and Xbox One.Good to see Rise of the Tomb raider doing well. Other than that it's a big standard UK chart

ethomaz

Banned
Amazing for Battlefront.

Tomb Raider drop is pretty good but it is sad the low first week sales didn't help anything (~69k ltd).

Conduit

Banned
A 37% drop is good by the standards since most games drop in the 60s

And if we go by 56k last week, wouldn't that be another 36 k this week. So that's 92k not 70

Just repost :

ROTR had a whole last week for sale and it could sold in 150k copies more, BUT IT DIDN'T. ROTR sold 92k for 2 weeks, TR 2013 over 230k for 2 weeks.

Chobel

Damn! Talk about bomba, only UK bought Battlefront; I mean the number of the players is roughly the same as UK sales.
:p

Hasney

You think so?

It's the biggest movie of the year.

But I guess other games like COD/FIFA will get a Xmas bump too.

Oh totally agree about biggest movie of the year, but I don't think people are going to be coming out of cinemas and suddenly realising there's a game out and should buy it. At least, not in their hundreds of thousands.

It'll see a bump, but EA did good by getting it out before the film to me. Capitalise on all that anticipation.

ethomaz

Banned
Just repost :

ROTR had a whole last week for sale and it could sold in 150k copies more, BUT IT DIDN'T. ROTR sold 92k for 2 weeks, TR 2013 over 230k for 2 weeks.
92k? It is ~69k.

It sold 42k first week.

And if we go by 56k last week, wouldn't that be another 36 k this week. So that's 92k not 70
It sold 42k first week from the last thread.

Week 1: 42K
Week 2: 26K (-37%)

stryke

56k was just the calculated upper limit.

Apparently it was 42k. This week it's barely under 70k.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Those are great sales. The Battlefront concurrent players thread had already concluded the game hyperbombed. LOL.

Styti.png

France:
Week 46, 2015 - Individual Formats (Value)

01 (01) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
02 (NE) PS4 FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
03 (02) XBO CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
04 (NE) XBO FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
05 (03) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

Not even Fallout 4 could stop Call of Duty in France despite it having two weeks in the chart.

Hasney

So TR2 is bundled a lot, or is it really the famous WoM effect?

Bundled a shitton. Type in Tomb Raider to HotUKDeals and you get more consoles than the game itself all posted in the last week.

true but the movie hasn't hit cinemas yet, that will give it a big boost

It's not going to be massive though. I'd be willing to avatar bet that it doesn't hit 150k in any week after the film launches before the end of the year.

Conduit

Banned
92k? It is ~69k.

It sold 42k first week.

It sold 42k first week from the last thread.

Week 1: 42K
Week 2: 26K (-37%)

So, it's not +56k? Didn't found any different "official" numbers. It's worse then. How can somebody say that ROTR did well?

BokehKing

Banned
Oh totally agree about biggest movie of the year, but I don't think people are going to be coming out of cinemas and suddenly realising there's a game out and should buy it. At least, not in their hundreds of thousands.

It'll see a bump, but EA did good by getting it out before the film to me. Capitalise on all that anticipation.
If there is an ad before the trailers start?

ethomaz

Banned
So, it's not +56k? Didn't found any different "official" numbers. It's worse then. How can somebody say that ROTR did well?
That is what was shared in the last PAL thread... 42k.
It is pretty awful sales for the franchise.
But it did hold great in the second week... 37% drop is really great even counting bundles.

Donos

I think no matter how "bad" or "short" the sp campaigns are for these shooters, a lot of people still buy them for it. BF numbers would be higher with SP story campaign i bet.

I have rented every CoD so far to play through the campaing. I like how they are playable in a weekend on hard. I know, that would have taken a lot of resources but still.

TR deserves the sales. Hope they finish the IP with a closing third part.

That is what was shared in the last PAL thread... 42k.
It is pretty awful sales for the franchise.
But it did hold great in the second week... 37% drop is really great even counting bundles.

not really, when you only sell 42k you cant exactly fall very far can you?

Bruno MB

Star Wars: Battlefront had a great launch, but it's not enough to put this weeks sales up over last year. Grand Theft Auto V launch on PS4 and Xbox One was massive (400,000), and there also was Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. Overall software sales will probably be around 1,100,000 units. In the end November sales (volume) will practically be flat over last year.

uFalM.png

Entertainment Software Sales

Code:
[B]November, 2015[/B]

Week 44, 2015 - 716,741 units / £26.2m [notable releases: Halo 5: Guardians]
Week 45, 2015 - 1,216,280 units / £49.3m [notable releases: Call of Duty: Black Ops III]
Week 46, 2015 - 1,430,108 units / £54.6m [notable releases: Fallout 4, Rise Of The Tomb Raider]
Week 47, 2015 - _________ units / £____m [notable releases: Star Wars: Battlefront]

[B]November, 2014[/B]

Week 44, 2014 - 534,183 units / £16.3m [notable releases: nothing]
Week 45, 2014 - 1,265,418 units / £48.5m [notable releases: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare]
Week 46, 2014 - 1,022,296 units / £36.9m [notable releases: Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Assassin's Creed: Unity]
Week 47, 2014 - 1,486,145 units / £57.4m [notable releases: Grand Theft Auto V, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition]

Tomb Raider is on 92 thousand isnt it? It's right there.

05 (04) RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) < 35,700 / < 92,400 (-37%) adding the average of around 20 percent of digital, say 15 thousand to be fair it will havebroken 100 thousand easy

Percy

Banned
But Battlefront was supposed to be a flop I thought.

placement on the chart does not tell the whole story..

looks like numbers are around 70k. for 2 weeks..

Ouch... that's pretty pathetic for what was once such a popular franchise :/

Top Bottom