• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 47, 2015

Yeap... percentage side it is great but the low sales didn't help :(
It will take a bit to reach 100k.

talking approx numbers it went from 42k last week to 26,460 this week, percentage wise it doesnt seem much but numbers wise, thats not good a 16k drop approx on a already weak number

Ombala

Tomb Raider is on 92 thousand isnt it? It's right there.

05 (04) RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) < 35,700 / < 92,400 (-37%) adding the average of around 20 percent of digital, say 15 thousand to be fair it will havebroken 100 thousand easy
Bruno do we need an update?

Chobel

Tomb Raider is on 92 thousand isnt it? It's right there.

05 (04) RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) < 35,700 / < 92,400 (-37%) adding the average of around 20 percent of digital, say 15 thousand to be fair it will havebroken 100 thousand easy

It's actually less than 70K.

Hasney

So I was looking for how much a movie bump could be in terms of sales figures and since movie games aren't as much of a thing anymore, the only one I could think of was Avatar.

It's not a fair comparison because it's a shit game by all accounts, but it launched the week before the movie and didn't chart in the Top 40. The week after, it did grow sales by 45% to take it to 10.

With Star Wars having been out longer by that point and people actually want the game before seeing the movie, I just can't see it being big. maybe a 45% on top of whatever the sales are at that point, but that would probably barely put it on 6 figures for the week at that point.

Didn't know Tomb Raider was 42k last week, that's pretty low. Wouldn't like to see the Germany numbers with it being only 9th as NE

Kosma

Banned
So I was looking for how much a movie bump could be in terms of sales figures and since movie games aren't as much of a thing anymore, the only one I could think of was Avatar.

It's not a fair comparison because it's a shit game by all accounts, but it launched the week before the movie and didn't chart in the Top 40. The week after, it did grow sales by 45% to take it to 10.

With Star Wars having been out longer by that point and people actually want the game before seeing the movie, I just can't see it being big. maybe a 45% on top of whatever the sales are at that point, but that would probably barely put it on 6 figures for the week at that point.

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Wow, reading this thread Tomb Raider did even worse than expected, then. Unbelievable!

Well with the low debut in week 1 it was evident TR was a bomba.
The drop was alright at 37% but when initial sales were that low then that's not much to crow about...

It ain't a smash hit either going by EA's goals is what I'm hearing.

Which goals are these? I'd be interested to know.
I've only seen the public statements of them wanting to achieve 12m LTD sales.

Hasney

I think Microsoft is done giving numbers in general unless its live members, zombies killed,cars crashed etc.

Someone mentioned GFK could put it out themselves, but I'm sure if MS asked nicely, they wouldn't.

Assume it would have cruised past 2 million by Christmas. If we've not heard by then, I don't think we will.

Someone mentioned GFK could put it out themselves, but I'm sure if MS asked nicely, they wouldn't.

Assume it would have cruised past 2 million by Christmas. If we've not heard by then, I don't think we will.

Yeah that is a possibility. Guess we will have to wait and see.

barit

What if it's a crap movie? >:)

Just another reason to buy the game that gives you back those old Star Wars nostalgia ;)

And ouch @ ROTR. Square won´t even get half of the sales compared to the reboot in 2013. I guess in the rest of the world it would be even worse. This will be a textbook example of how you kill a successful franchise that generations after us can study now lol

And one week before Black Friday, there isn't still the XB1 2 millions annunced...

That's not good.

I know you can't tell much of the UK deals sites but my own feeling as one who is looking to buy a XBO is the deals are very lackluster so far. Too many large bundles jacking up the price to £300-350, too many price inflated 1tb.

Some of the most popular deals on the uk site this week are from mainland EU countries. Due to strong £ and silly priced excessive bundles in the UK, the EU countries trying to sell dead XBO are really tempting to import with many posters already ordering instead of buying in the UK.

Apparently it's underperforming. That's all I can say.

The film will give it a bump though surely? Wasn't that something that should have been up for consideration since the beginning? It will likely drive higher sales over Xmas too? Not necessarily huge amounts but it's one month + sales onwards should be better than a lot of titles with that in mind?

Assuming the film is good of course

Bruno MB

Ok, here is the fixed chart assuming that Rise of the Tomb Raider sold around 42,000 units in its first week.

As always, these numbers are just approximations.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 21 November 2015

(95%)

01 (NE) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 325,000 / NEW
02 (02) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 136,500 / 1,044,500 (-50%)
03 (01) FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS) - 96,400 / 578,400 (-80%)
04 (03) FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 71,700 / 1,612,800 (+14%)
05 (04) RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) - 26,500 / 68,500 (-37%)
06 (08) LEGO DIMENSIONS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
07 (09) ASSASSIN'S CREED: SYNDICATE (UBISOFT) - 18,200 / 225,700 (+7%)
08 (05) MINECRAFT: STORY MODE (TELLTALE GAMES)
09 (11) WWE 2K16 (TAKE 2)
10 (06) NEED FOR SPEED (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

Chris1

Not really

how is a 37% drop not good? Battlefront releasing that week only makes it better too.

Yeah the sales weren't mindblowing to begin with but a 37% drop is good regardless. If you look at The Order which sold similar in its launch week dropped by 56% in its second week. Even 56% was a good hold for TO, 37% is very good.

Hasney

Ok, here is the fixed chart assuming that Rise of the Tomb Raider sold around 42,000 units in its first week.

As always, these numbers are just approximations.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 21 November 2015

(95%)

01 (NE) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 325,000 / NEW
02 (02) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 136,500 / 1,044,500 (-50%)
03 (01) FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS) - 96,400 / 578,400 (-80%)
04 (03) FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 71,700 / 1,612,800 (+14%)
05 (04) RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) - 26,500 / 68,500 (-37%)
06 (08) LEGO DIMENSIONS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
07 (09) ASSASSIN'S CREED: SYNDICATE (UBISOFT) - 18,200 / 225,700 (+7%)
08 (05) MINECRAFT: STORY MODE (TELLTALE GAMES)
09 (11) WWE 2K16 (TAKE 2)
10 (06) NEED FOR SPEED (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

What was the split for Fallout 4 between PS4 and XB1?

The film will give it a bump though surely? Wasn't that something that should have been up for consideration since the beginning? It will likely drive higher sales over Xmas too? Not necessarily huge amounts but it's one month + sales onwards should be better than a lot of titles with that in mind?

Assuming the film is good of course

I don't think the masses will like just a multiplayer. Sure a bump though.

Not that I want a Star Wars single player campaign of the quality of past battlefields but I think they needed one for incredible numbers and should've gone all out to produce a single player fitting of the graphics. perhaps next time. I would've thought Star Wars story would need some very careful planning so I understand. Seems to me it's doing very well as a very light Stars Wars MP game.

mejin

how is a 37% drop not good? Battlefront releasing that week only makes it better too.

Yeah the sales weren't mindblowing to begin with but a 37% drop is good regardless. If you look at The Order which sold similar in its launch week dropped by 56% in its second week. Even 56% was a good hold for TO, 37% is very good.

The Order failed, man. It really isn't good. Less than 70k in 2 weeks is a big flop.

37% drop in isolation is decent yeah.

But when you see week 2 was 26.5k? Jheez, lets hope that cheque keeps Lara warm.

stryke

So we're comparing TR to a dead IP now?

Top Bottom