• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 47, 2015

Kyonashi

Seems like Brucie's numbers have an XB1 exclusive doing worse than he wants, so he must discredit him.

Or maybe i'm just tripping, i dunno.

Honestly I'm sad that RotTR has done so poorly. I love Lara, and I think the reboot took the franchise in a great direction. It certainly deserved better.

Having said that, yes I do own a PS4 and a Wii U but not an Xbox One... FANBOY ALERT

dolemite

The best TR comparison is to the previous TR title. SE is working against themselves by not releasing the title on the PS4 but if this iteration will sell numbers comparable to 1/2 of the total from the prevous title then it's a success, imo.

The best TR comparison is to the previous TR title. SE is working against themselves by not releasing the title on the PS4 but if this iteration will sell numbers comparable to 1/2 of the total from the prevous title then it's a success, imo.

Unfortunately it's tracking at less than a third of the previous game so far.

In fact IIRC the current RoTR total is still under the the 1st week of just the Xbox360 version of the TR 2013.

Chris1

37% drop in isolation is decent yeah.

But when you see week 2 was 26.5k? Jheez, lets hope that cheque keeps Lara warm.
I agree the numbers aren't good but a strong hold like that gives me hope for the future at least.

The numbers on it's own aren't great but if it has good legs those numbers will start to add up over the weeks. Whether it does or not obviously remains to be seen but so far so good.

So we're comparing TR to a dead IP now?
Well I mean I was just using the order as an example that even with lower sales 37% is still good. I don't know of any other game that sold similar numbers to compare to (I only remembered the order because someone brought it up last weeks pal chart lol).

I just looked and Uncharted collection sold > 38,100 units < 52,400 in it's first week so roughly similar numbers too, that also had a 50% drop in its second week.

Unfortunately it's tracking at less than a third of the previous game so far.

In fact IIRC the current RoTR total is still under the the 1st week of just the Xbox360 version of the TR 2013.

That seems fine to be honest. The 360 probably had 3 times the amount of consoles in the wild when tr 2013 launched, but you know, those kinds of facts don't really matter :)

Next week will be interesting a lot of retail sites doing Black Friday deals and other deals all week in the UK.

I've just started getting the ads. I'm sure that games will be sold but I'm not sure the biggest deals have the largest volume of sales.

Let's see, it will have some sort of effect for sure.

We don't know how much MS gave Square for timed exclusivity.
The deal MIGHT yet turn out good for Square, but it'll most likely be a failure to MS (Didn't push many consoles) and CD (Lowered mindshare of their IP). PC and PS4 sales next year won't pick up the slack, people will have moved on to whatever the new hotness is.

Hasney

I've just started getting the ads. I'm sure that games will be sold but I'm not sure the biggest deals have the largest volume of sales.

Let's see, it will have some sort of effect for sure.

There's also nothing of note coming out this week, so some of the deals, especially bundle deals I reckon, could pipe up some strange results.

It seems I underestimated Battlefront! Nice numbers.

You better hold, Lara.

CoD legs are looking good in UK and Japan. I am pretty interested in NPD next month to see how well it does.

Halo 5...yeah.

Bruno MB

Look at this, where do you think some of these numberz come from?

AADqI93.png

Well, here's the answer:

Call of Duty

Hmm, I'll go 635k.

01 (NE) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 635,000 / NEW

PlayStation 4 (48%) - 304,800
Xbox One (43%) - 273,050

Uhm, they are different from Chartz, but what if I upweight them to 100% of market coverage?

PlayStation 4 (48%) - 320,842
Xbox One (43%) - 287,421

Eureka! we now get the exact same numberz.

Now Halo 5:

04 (01) HALO 5: GUARDIANS (MICROSOFT) - 33,000 / 183,000 (-78%)

33,000 (95%) - 34,737 (100%) / 183,000 (95%) - 192,632 (100%)

Amused

I'm not unhappy Tomb Raider did as badly as it did. What a terrible, terrible decision it was to hold this game back from the largest part of their fanbase.

Bad decisions are punished, and that is a good thing. Please do better next time.

(And holy shit at 42k!)

dolemite

Look at this, where do you think some of these numberz come from?

PlayStation 4 (48%) - 304,800
Xbox One (43%) - 273,050

Uhm, they are different from Chartz, but what if I upweight them to 100% of market coverage?

PlayStation 4 (48%) - 320,842
Xbox One (43%) - 287,421

Eureka! we now get the exact same numberz,

Now Halo 5:

33,000 (95%) - 34,737 (100%) / 183,000 (95%) - 192,632 (100%)

They've been doing number stealing since day 1. Nothing new about it.

stryke

That seems fine to be honest. The 360 probably had 3 times the amount of consoles in the wild when tr 2013 launched, but you know, those kinds of facts don't really matter :)

Do those facts include that other games have surpassed their predecessors despite the smaller install base?

Rare Replay is £13 on Amazon too. If a good Xb1 deal pops up this week, I may be powerless to resist.

Xbox One with FIFA, Tomb Raider and ESO for £299.99 http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-5...-896891?categoryIdentifier=764101&catGroupId=

Is available now, you can guarantee better deals this week.

Edit: how about Xbox One with FIFA and Gears for £249 (be quick Amazon Lighting deal) http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0185NUBHU/

No one can say MS are not trying to push hardware

Top Bottom