• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pandora's Tower |UN-OT| The Rainfall Comes To An End

Jawmuncher

headertlj83.jpg

*With the US release being on the 16th of April, Thought i'd make an UN-OT for the purpose to stir conversation again like we had with the RE6 PC launch. Also to remind people that the game is coming out.
This thread has Shiggy's approval. Thus I am just reusing his work that he did in the previous OT for the European Launch. Which means I am doing this UN-OT quick and dirty. All credit goes to Shiggy.

For More game Details On The Game Visit The Official OT Here

RELEASE DATE: April 16 2013 (North America)
GENRE: Action RPG
CONTROLLERS: Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Also compatible with Classic Controller (PRO)

In Pandora’s Tower you take on the role of Aeron, a soldier, as he battles to save his beloved friend Elena from a mysterious curse that is gradually transforming her into a demonic creature. Only by battling through the towers of a nearby fortress can Aeron save her from her gruesome fate. Using his sword and the magical Oraclos Chain, Aeron must defeat the creatures that lurk there and harvest their meat to feed to Elena. Only by eating all of the “master flesh”, harvested from the largest monsters within each tower, will Elena be fully cured of the curse and free from its monstrous grip.

By returning to Elena to feed her meat from the smaller monsters, you can slow down the transformation - but only temporarily. You will need to carefully judge when it is best to return to her, as not coming back in time could lead to Elena’s permanent transformation into a demonic beast.

Multiple possible endings and a New Game+ mode means that Pandora’s Tower has great replay value and by mastering the unique relationship system you can change Aeron and Elena’s fate. You must not only decide when to return to Elena to stem the tide of her curse, but also what items to give to her. After spending time speaking to her you will become more familiar with her plight and leaving her to continue your quest may become more difficult. Taking the time to build a bond with Elena could even change the ultimate ending of the story.

While exploring the labyrinthine towers you’ll come across a wide variety of items. Mavda, a mysterious travelling merchant who can upgrade your weapons, can create special new items by combining two or more items that you have found on your journey. The items that you have discovered while exploring the towers can be given to Elena as gifts to strengthen your bond or be used to help you on your quest to battle the 13 masters – the choice is yours.

I almost preordered it yesterday as I know it'll be hard to find soon. What was the verdict on this game? I seem to remember it being considered the least desirable of the "Rainfall" titles.

Jawmuncher

XSeed tweeted that tomorrow is the ship day so a lot of you might not find it till the next day.

Yeah the launch seems to have a bit of a snag.
I know some Amazon customers are already receiving shipping confirmations.
Also some Gamestops are saying that it should pop up on the trucks tomorrow. Looks like it'll be the luck of the draw this week for when people will get it.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I almost preordered it yesterday as I know it'll be hard to find soon. What was the verdict on this game? I seem to remember it being considered the least desirable of the "Rainfall" titles.

It is quite a good game with some enjoyable moments, but IMO, it's definitely the worst of three.

Jawmuncher

What's an 'UN-OT'? Unofficial?

And yeah, worst day possible for this to come out. Please don't go out of print.

Unofficial.
The regular OT was dead and related to the European launch.
So I made this to get some conversations going. One of the mods will let this die or merge it to the OT after a month.

katkombat

Banned
About to see if there was an OT. Yup, I'll have it by next week, hopefully. Not too interested to be honest, but I'll bite for XSeed.

khaaan

Ugh, I pre-ordered it at Gamestop and I stopped by today to ask how long they would hold my copy because I get off of work pretty late. They ran into some shipping problem with their warehouse and said that they don't know if it'll get here.

Excited but if it doesn't get here in the next couple of days I'm going to just get it off of Amazon like I should have.

Soriku

447px-Manlytears3.jpg

I may pick it up down the line. I actually still need The Last Story. Still mad I missed the $8 Amazon deal.

Thought I'd decided not to get this when my wii gave up the ghost. Now I'm reminded I had an order at ebgames by a shipping notice. Ah, well. It certainly won't be the only unplayed game on the shelf.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I was hesitating to pick it up since I wasn't sure whether to wait for an $8 Last Story situation, but had a gift card and just went for it. Haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email from Amazon yet. Just finished Xenoblade the other day so it's kind of good timing for me. Hopefully it comes soon.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can't wait. Mine shipped today. I absolutely adored The Last Story and haven't even scratched the surface of Xenoblade yet, but this one is going to be played right away.

cj_iwakura

So is the general consensus that this is 'it' for the Wii?
until Milestone Collection/Radilgy 2 comes out here anyway

Yuterald

Imported and played this to 100% completion last summer. Loved it. Could be my favorite if not second favorite game for the Wii (next to Little King's Story, of course). Wish I could play this for the first time again. If you dig Japanese PS2-era character driven action games like Castlevania: Lament of Innocence/Curse of Darkness and Rygar: The Legendary Adeventure then you should really make time for it and check it out. I'd also liken this game to something alone the lines of a modern day Quintent game (Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma/Soul Blazer). Pandora's Tower has got the spirit of a classic SNES action/adventure RPG. Enjoy for those playing it for the first time. I'll be picking up a copy for support, but I don't think I'll replay it anytime soon.

Varshes

If by "it" you mean games worth taking a look at and not shovelware, then maybe. Though Disney Infinity is sill coming out on on the Wii I believe, so it's not the last game in North America, at least.

DaBoss

Haha, brilliant title. I don't know if I will get it since I didn't really hear good things about the game.

Andrew.

Banned
I had no idea this was coming out tomorrow!!!

Holy shit...

Time to complete the collection.

For the record:

Last Story PAL (imported)
Xenoblade PAL (imported)

Bought before I even figured they'd have a chance to be released here.

Still wish we could get that black case though...

Isn't the next Skylanders game coming to the Wii? Those games are usually very high quality. I think Nintendo should release one last AAA Wii game to send it officially off to the sunset. NES had Kirby's Adventure/Wario's Woods, SNES had Kirby's Dream Land 3, N64 had Conkers Bad Fur Day, Gamecube had Twilight Princess.......what for Wii then?

khaaan

Isn't the next Skylanders game coming to the Wii? Those games are usually very high quality. I think Nintendo should release one last AAA Wii game to send it officially off to the sunset. NES had Kirby's Adventure/Wario's Woods, SNES had Kirby's Dream Land 3, N64 had Conkers Bad Fur Day, Gamecube had Twilight Princess.......what for Wii then?

Skyward Sword was probably it, I don't think Nintendo has ever actually been the last one to release something for their console.

zroid

Banned
Probably not going to play this for months seeing as I still haven't touched Xenoblade or TLS, but hey, I committed to buy these games day 1 if released in NA and I ain't reneging. Plus, it could go out of print.

Skyward Sword was probably it, I don't think Nintendo has ever actually been the last one to release something for their console.
They have a couple times depending on the region:

NES/Famicom
JP: Adventure Island IV (Hudson) 1994
US: Wario's Woods (Nintendo) 1994

SNES/SuFami
JP: Metal Slader Glory: Director's Cut (Nintendo) 2000
NA: Frogger (Majesco) 1998

Nintendo 64
JP: Bomberman 64 (Hudson) 2001
NA: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Activision) 2002

Gamecube
JP: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo) 2006
NA: Madden NFL 08 (EA) 2007

Any idea on roughly how long this will take to beat?

My copy should arrive by tomorrow but I might hold off on playing it if it is a lengthy game.

Brofield

Crap, I forgot to pre-order this. Hopefully my EB will have it in stock when I go to grab Injustice this Thursday.

But yeah. Damn proud to have been part of this movement, in one that was successful. Reggie be damned; he would've forgotten all three if no one started this ruckus.

big youth

Imported and played this to 100% completion last summer. Loved it. Could be my favorite if not second favorite game for the Wii (next to Little King's Story, of course). Wish I could play this for the first time again. If you dig Japanese PS2-era character driven action games like Castlevania: Lament of Innocence/Curse of Darkness and Rygar: The Legendary Adeventure then you should really make time for it and check it out. I'd also liken this game to something alone the lines of a modern day Quintent game (Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma/Soul Blazer). Pandora's Tower has got the spirit of a classic SNES action/adventure RPG. Enjoy for those playing it for the first time. I'll be picking up a copy for support, but I don't think I'll replay it anytime soon.

as good as LKS? count me in.

rokero

I had this pre ordered but cancelled it at the last moment, i need to buy injustice the DC fanboy in me needs it , anyway im getting pandoras tower as soon as i can

I preordered from Amazon back sometime in January. I didn't next day it so it'll get here when it gets here. I never really thought it would make it here. Glad to say I was wrong. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom