• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PARAMORE |OT| Line up changes, emo angst, and guilty pleasures (oh, and Hayley gifs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, Taylor is a far better guitarist than Josh, he isn't missed for my money. And they always employ really talented drummers, I hope they get Ilan back for the next record.

It isnt their instrument playing that will be missed as much as their song writing.

taQoWfo.gif

I have so many favorite Paramore songs, but I think I listen to "That's What You Get" the most.

Dishwalla

Banned
Love that song, it's so catchy. "Still Into You" is similar for me, it's just so upbeat that I can't help but blast it whenever it comes on.

Might've already mentioned it, but my favorite song is "Stop This Song(Love Sick Melody)".

Dishwalla

Banned
I first saw them in concert in early 2006, my then girlfriend took me to the show. I had never heard of them until that point, but after that show I was as hooked on them as my gf was.

Zero315

Banned
So, guess who attended the Monumentour saturday night? This guy! And they brought down the fucking house!

It was my first time seeing any of the bands live. The New Politics were great, hadn't heard much from them but I liked what I heard and the lead singer was super charismatic.

Paramore was... astounding. I think I am now legally allowed to punch anyone who says she can't sing, because she sang her fucking tiny heart out!

Fall Out Boy was... insane. There was fire, and light and just pure awesomeness. I still can't really put all this into words lol, my brain turns to mush when thinking about it.

Pictures!

NinjaBoiX

Paramore was... astounding. I think I am now legally allowed to punch anyone who says she can't sing, because she sang her fucking tiny heart out!
Wait, people actually say this? I mean, even if you think they're really lame (which I can totally appreciate) surely her vocal talent and innate charisma as a front woman is pretty self-evident.

She is a technically accomplished vocalist and has incredible stage presence, this is pretty much an objective assessment as far as I'm concerned.

Chuckie

I don't think I have ever heard one song from Paramore. I only 'know' them because my boi Ninja always posts cute gifs.

Zero315

Banned
Wait, people actually say this? I mean, even if you think they're really lame (which I can totally appreciate) surely her vocal talent and innate charisma as a front woman is pretty self-evident.

She is a technically accomplished vocalist and has incredible stage presence, this is pretty much an objective assessment as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, the two I've always heard are that she can't sing (her voice is too shrill or whatever) and that there's no way she sounds good live. I always knew the former was wrong and now I can say for myself that the people who say the latter are out of their fucking minds.

Arthos

I want to the Monumentour as well and Paramore and FOB put on an amazing show. The lead into Song 2 (the one that's a sequel to Let the Flames Begin) was so damn good. Hayley can definitely sing.

bgbball31

I went to the Monumentour in Toledo on Saturday night. My first concert ever. Even being way in the back, it was the most fun I've had in a long time. Next time, definitely getting tickets in the pit, because while being in the back was nice to be able to see everything (and the silhouettes created of Hayley by their lights were amazing), I can only imagine the energy being in a sea of people screaming out the songs.

Unfortunately, my phone died before Paramore even took the stage (thanks, latest Galaxy SIII update), so I didn't get any pictures/videos, but someone else who was there is going to be sending the stuff they got to me, so I'll post when I can.

I too was at the show Saturday and had a blast. First time seeing Paramore and they were really fun and high energy, wouldn't mind seeing them again.

NinjaBoiX

Hey strafer, you know you wanted more stuff like Paramore? I know I already posted a Marmozets track, but seriously, this could just be a Paramore tune, particularly the part from 2:42 onwards:

Marmozets - Captivate You (Official Video)

I wasn't sure at first, it's a lot more of a soft ballad compared to their other stuff but I love it now. Can't wait for the album man!

bgbball31

Picked up '"The Final Riot" on Amazon since it was only a cent. It is a bit awkward hearing them talk about their next album (obviously Brand New Eyes at that point), and knowing the fallout from that CD.

The concert's good, so that's a plus though. And it has the outro to Let the Flames Begin. Seriously, is that on an official release anywhere?

Last time I posted in this thread, I was talking about how I loved 'Paramore', but I couldn't really get into the other albums.

Well, that has definitely changed over the last few weeks. I've become a little bit obsessed with 'Brand New Eyes'. Really fantastic album. I think 'Paramore' is still my fave, but 'Brand New Eyes' is so solid, it just took me a while to get into it.

I was listening to it constantly on Spotify at work, but the Spotify ads were driving me crazy, so I realised it was time to pick it up on CD (yes, I still buy CDs. Either that, or FLAC downloads).

Anyway, I also picked up 'Riot!', which while I'm definitely enjoying more than before, it's not up to the same calibre as the more recent albums. There are some great tracks on it, but it's not as consistent, and oh man, "crushcrushcrush" has some cringey lyrics. Who knows though, I came around on 'Brand New Eyes', so maybe that'll happen here too.

Faith

Thanks for the tip btw. Really enjoying their music!

Well "similar to Paramore" is probably a bit of a stretch, it's not the sort of music I'm usually into but I think these bands are pretty awesome:

Marmozets - Why Do You Hate Me?

The Kills - Cheap and Cheerful

Veruca Salt - Seether

The Joy Formidable - A Heavy Abacus

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion

The Breeders - I Just Wanna Get Along
Thanks for the list, have to look into this. Any other suggestions? :)

Never realized this OT existed, hello fellow gaffers :)

I'm hoping for a new album next year, the self titled was amazing so i hope the next stage on their music delivers...

JambiBum

I went to their show last night in Chicago (Rosemont) and it was fantastic. Haley has so much energy. It was also my daughters first rock concert and she loved it, too.

Hey I was there too. It was one of my favorite concerts that I've ever been to. Made me want to go to Parahoy in March, just need people to actually go with me.

Just saw these guys the other night at the Rosemont theatre, they fucking killed it! Can't wait till they start their new album. I'd love to see them again. Hayley's dance moves on stage are so entertaining. lol

BJK

I hope there isn't a larger news story (like the one which accompanied the departure of the Farro bros). Will be curious to see whether Hayley & Taylor bring in new blood, or continue on as a duo with set musicians on tour. (I'd have to think Taylor's little brother would be on the short list, since he tours with the band.)

It's also not the first time Jeremy has stepped away from the band, FWIW.

I did not know there was an OT for my favoritest band in the whole wide universe omg

Such a shame it had to be bumped due to poor news :(

I'm positive they'll bounce back, their post Farro Bros period (Singles Club and Self-Titled Life) have had some of their best material ever. But man, it still makes me sad that the Paramore family has taken another hit ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom