• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PARAMORE |OT| Line up changes, emo angst, and guilty pleasures (oh, and Hayley gifs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waypoetic

Banned
We did a review of the new record on my site and the reviewer gave it like 9/10. I didn't agree with her really but i really like the song "Part 2" on the new album. Great song. That's the Paramore-sound i know and knew.

NinjaBoiX

tumblr_liqf3rtWVD1qfz010o1_r1_500.gif

Mangotron

What I really love about this album is how successfully they carried off the "emo" vibe of their previous albums in a lighter, poppy way. Avril has tried to do it over the years and been hit and miss, but this is basically perfection.

I dunno, maybe I'm just gushing about them in general, but they really are that band for me. Their albums have been a so much a part of my growing up.

Sai-kun

Banned
I wish they played the chorus one last time in Part II after the fucking amazing instrumental section. That would just be catharsis for me, but instead it just kinda goes poof in the end :( Blah!

Still a great album :D Their show here is in just 2 weeks!

NinjaBoiX

Oh man, the haircuts! Josh looks horrendous in this, as does Jeremy. But Jeremy is rocking a godly beard these days, so it's all good.

Hayley is the only one who has looked cool the whole way through. She even pulls off mini bangs for gods sake! (but really Hayley, grow it back out, you know you want to).

She's had some gorgeous cuts over the years:

Anyway, if you dig that Strafer, could I recommend "All We Know":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EHIpDcZvB0
The video is much better too.
I wish they played the chorus one last time in Part II after the fucking amazing instrumental section. That would just be catharsis for me, but instead it just kinda goes poof in the end :( Blah!

Still a great album :D Their show here is in just 2 weeks!
Always leave 'em wanting more!

I'm loving Proof at the minute, the drums are excellent. It really is only Hate To See that I'm not all that keen on. It's fine, nothing wrong with it, and I like country, Wilco are awesome. It's just done elsewhere better on Last Hope and Crazy Girls.

I'll post some revised impressions at the weekend. I love it, best record yet.

francosogood.gif

Enjoy the show Sai, let us know how it goes down!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The new record is so good ;_;

Love Still Into You, Proof, Anklebiters, Fast In My Car, Grow Up, and my favorite is Ain't It Fun. Also, Moving On should be a full track.

NinjaBoiX

The new record is so good ;_;

Love Still Into You, Proof, Anklebiters, Fast In My Car, Grow Up, and my favorite is Ain't It Fun. Also, Moving On should be a full track.
"Let 'em have their time,
Sit back and just let 'em shine,
Let 'em rise and rise,
Cause one day they're gonna fall,

Let 'em soak in the sun,
Sit back and let 'em have their fun,
Let 'em spill their guts,
'Cos one day they're gonna slip on 'em,"

Love it. I think I prefer it over I'm Not Angry Anymore. Holiday is the weakest, but it's still pretty nice.

anddo0

Took a few listens but I'm digging the new sound. My favorite tracks are "Future", "Grow Up" and "Still into you". Very good album overall I think.

Sai-kun

Banned
Not playing Part II live is just...Such a huge mistake. Whyyyyyy. They even play an extended version of Let The Flames Begin.

BJK

I am constantly disappointed at the lack of airplay for the new album. Radio is predictably horrible here in flyover country, but even my favorite Alternative station dropped "Now" quickly and never picked up "Still into You."

Have they announced their 3rd single yet? It has to be "Ain't it Fun," right?

NinjaBoiX

Not playing Part II live is just...Such a huge mistake. Whyyyyyy. They even play an extended version of Let The Flames Begin.
Aha! I've been waiting to hear your input dude.

You sound quite subdued about the whole thing, we're they not utterly awesome? Who supported? Highlights?

Come on man, DEETS!
Have they announced their 3rd single yet? It has to be "Ain't it Fun," right?
"Proof".

Believe.

Sai-kun

Banned
Aha! I've been waiting to hear your input dude.

You sound quite subdued about the whole thing, we're they not utterly awesome? Who supported? Highlights?

Come on man, DEETS!

The crowd really killed my buzz. There were obviously people singing along, and some dancing, but they weren't in my section. I was surrounded by folks who just stood there and occasionally took their cameras out. It was the weirdest fucking thing. Of course, I never let that stop me, so I went hard and I was dancing and shit, and the band themselves were fucking awesome.

Aside from not playing Part II (which is criminal), their setlist was fucking killer. I wish they'd played Where the Lines Overlap instead of Looking Up, but it was seriously perfect. Hayley sounded great, everyone sounded great.

It was a great show, but such a lame crowd, only better than The Killers crowd because at least people sang along when Hayley asked. It was really cool to hear the back and forth on Proof live. "So do you love me?" "Yeah!"

NinjaBoiX

Haha, sounds like you had a blast. Good work Sai, keep on dancing my friend!

I'm going to try and see them when they come over to the UK. No dates yet though.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
http://instagram.com/p/cPCKCgiAlu/

cant believe how time went by..i remember learning about paramore when a person I raided with in WoW spammed it on vent for hours. They've been a part of my teenage to adult life now...8 years. biggest feels in awhile and will have to search for my All We Know is Falling album today

Sai-kun

Banned
Got my tickets to their self-titled tour. Thankfully this time the pit is standing room only. Which means ill have to stand around for hellogoodbye and metric, but being able to dance and shit for paramore will be worth it

NinjaBoiX

Got my tickets to their self-titled tour. Thankfully this time the pit is standing room only. Which means ill have to stand around for hellogoodbye and metric, but being able to dance and shit for paramore will be worth it
Cool, I got myself some tickets too! Me and some pals from BritGAF are seeing them in Nottingham in September. Really looking forward to it, they are killing it live at the minute.
I still bump it to Riot! now and then while driving.

Fences is my most favorite song from them
Yeah, I've the rhythm of that one. Great lyrics too.

I'd go "Careful" or maybe "LTFB". I really love "Whoa" and "All We Know" too. I couldn't pick really!

NinjaBoiX

I do enjoy Brand New Eyes more than RIOT!

Careful
Ignorance
Turn It Off
Where The Lines Overlap
Have you heard their new record strafer? It's quite different, much less of a punk record, more just pop, but I like it. It took a few listens for me to accept their change of direction, they are a different band now, for better or worse. You've just got to go with it!

Anklebiters is a lot of fun:

Paramore - Anklebiters

Also, check out the bonus tracks, or better yet, just by the Japanese import! I just love the chorus on this one:

Paramore - Native Tongue

I gotta say, "Turn It Off" is one of my least favourites, I just find it a bit limp. Same with "When It Rains", *skip*. Some of the tracks from "All We Know" sound much better live, the version of "Pressure" from "The Final Riot!" is fantastic:

Paramore - Pressure (live)

strafer

Have you heard their new record strafer? It's quite different, much less of a punk record, more just pop, but I like it. It took a few listens for me to accept their change of direction, they are a different band now, for better or worse. You've just got to go with it!

Anklebiters is a lot of fun:

Paramore - Anklebiters

Also, check out the bonus tracks, or better yet, just by the Japanese import! I just love the chorus on this one:

Paramore - Native Tongue

I gotta say, "Turn It Off" is one of my least favourites, I just find it a bit limp. Same with "When It Rains", *skip*. Some of the tracks from "All We Know" sound much better live, the version of "Pressure" from "The Final Riot!" is fantastic:

Paramore - Pressure (live)

Yeah I have. After a few listens I have come to accept it. I hope that their next album is more punkish.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah I have. After a few listens I have come to accept it. I hope that their next album is more punkish.
Yeah, I hope this was just a little detour. Don't get me wrong, it's probably my favourite album of theirs after all is said and done.

But I feel like they are so tight now, that if they really went all out with ballsy punk with the next record, they'd just knock it out of the park.

They haven't let me down yet, just keep it coming guys!

cafemomo

Yeah, I've the rhythm of that one. Great lyrics too.

I'd go "Careful" or maybe "LTFB". I really love "Whoa" and "All We Know" too. I couldn't pick really!

I really like the rhythm to Careful. That song was from BNE right?

Also, not really that much of a Paramore fan, but I do enjoy listening to them. I've only been to one of their concerts. My gf at the time dragged me to one back in 08 and it turned out to be the one featured in one of their live albums. (name escapes me atm, but it was the live Riot! album)

NinjaBoiX

I really like the rhythm to Careful. That song was from BNE right?

Also, not really that much of a Paramore fan, but I do enjoy listening to them. I've only been to one of their concerts. My gf at the time dragged me to one back in 08 and it turned out to be the one featured in one of their live albums. (name escapes me atm, but it was the live Riot! album)
Yeah, Careful is BNE's opening track. A storming statement of intent!

You saw the "The Final Riot!" tour. It was absolutely awesome. Well, it seemed that way on the DVD! It's such an amazing set, and the intro, my good god:

The Final Riot! - Intro/Born For This

NinjaBoiX

I will be furious at them if Part II doesn't make it into their setlist this time around.
I need to hear this live. But they jam out Part 1 for so long now, I don't know that they'd have the time!

But yeah, LTFB into Part II would possibly make me explode.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Went to one of their concerts two days ago, and holy shit. Hayley sure knows how to put on a good show.

The way she interacted with the crowd during "Whoa" was freaking amazing. People were screaming and jumping around like crazy, haha.

NinjaBoiX

Went to one of their concerts two days ago, and holy shit. Hayley sure knows how to put on a good show.

The way she interacted with the crowd during "Whoa" was freaking amazing. People were screaming and jumping around like crazy, haha.
"Whoa" is in the set?

Awesome! I fucking love that track.

I do enjoy Brand New Eyes more than RIOT!

Careful
Ignorance
Turn It Off
Where The Lines Overlap

Brand New Eyes was the album that actually got me to listen to Paramore. I heard Playing God and it finally won me over. I love the guitar harmonies in that album. My band covered that song.

NinjaBoiX

Brand New Eyes was the album that actually got me to listen to Paramore. I heard Playing God and it finally won me over. I love the guitar harmonies in that album. My band covered that song.
If anyone who hadn't heard of them asked to hear their stuff, BNE is what I'd stick on. Those opening two tracks (Careful and Ignorance) are about as good as they've ever sounded.

Was anyone at Wembley last night? It was my first paramore gig even though I've been a fan since day 1, such an awesome show, so much positive energy! Hayley is amazing with crowds.

NinjaBoiX

Was anyone at Wembley last night? It was my first paramore gig even though I've been a fan since day 1, such an awesome show, so much positive energy! Hayley is amazing with crowds.
I went to see them in Nottingham on Wednesday, I concur with your review. They were wicked! I sweated my nuts off and enjoyed every minute.

She ran that shit man. Such a cool fucking girl.

I went to see them in Nottingham on Wednesday, I concur with your review. They were wicked! I sweated my nuts off and enjoyed every minute.

She ran that shit man. Such a cool fucking girl.

Hell yeah, so much sweat, I don't think I stopped moving for a second since they came on! Better than I could have hoped for :D

Sai-kun

Banned
So glad that Part II made it onto the setlist. This new setlist looks so awesome.

Seeing them again on Nov. 24th here! In a proper, standing room only venue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom