• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parody Thread Urges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about how atrocious the NeoGAF Parody Thread parodies are?

----------------------

Like this one, this isn't a parody. This is some fucken second-grader-ass, sub-South Park understanding of the concept of parody.

Fucken second-grader-ass, sub-South Park understanding Parody Thread Urges

terrisus

Only '80s kids realize that most of the '90s kids' stuff is just left-over from the '80s.

Also, some witty rejoinder about how most people misuse apostrophes when noting years

Names you just realized you've been reading wrong the whole time

did anyone else think Terry's name was terrisius? I did for like the first year I was on here

oops, double post

#SorryNotSorry #LolCommunityThread #NoRules #YOLOSWAG

Brakke

Banned
Community thread, Fred. Mods don't come in here. #noparentsnorules. we can talk about anything. we can even share pics of tatas!

tata-nano-1280x1024.jpg

Brakke

Banned
Only '80s kids realize that most of the '90s kids' stuff is just left-over from the '80s.

Also, some witty rejoinder about how most people misuse apostrophes when noting years

I dreamt about this, and I think we're both wrong. It should be *90s' kids*. Kids of the years, plural, 1990-1999. I think the leading apostrophe is also appropriate, but '90s' kids looks dumb. I think the best way to solve this is never talk about 9'0's' kids', because they're lame anyway so why bother with the trouble of it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
another one of those "Do you...." bathroom threads:

Do you ever hold your foreskin closed and then pee?

Guevara

another one of those "Do you...." bathroom threads:

Do you ever hold your foreskin closed and then pee?

Make a thread like "do you do this extremely weird and unusual thing in the bathroom"

then call on your parody thread bros to post the first few responses "totally" and "of course dude, doesn't everyone?"

terrisus

I dreamt about this, and I think we're both wrong. It should be *90s' kids*. Kids of the years, plural, 1990-1999. I think the leading apostrophe is also appropriate, but '90s' kids looks dumb. I think the best way to solve this is never talk about 9'0's' kids', because they're lame anyway so why bother with the trouble of it.

'90s' kids could be correct as well, depending on the sense one is talking about.

If one is talking about someone who belongs to the '90s, then '90s' would be correct.
If it's just someone who is from the '90s though, '90s would be better.

Compare:
An American male
The United States' delegates

Either way, of course, 90's isn't correct, unless one is talking about something that belongs to 90.

Apostrophe dreaming urges

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Make a thread like "do you do this extremely weird and unusual thing in the bathroom"

then call on your parody thread bros to post the first few responses "totally" and "of course dude, doesn't everyone?"

do you eat the toilet paper before or after wiping?

terrisus

How excited are you for the new MLB season?

The current one is still going on, but the next one is less than 6 months away!

terrisus

I have a tiny rock stuck on my finger. Gaf please help

I think it's a diamond.
And it seems to be attached to a gold band.

GAF, how do I get rid of this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom