• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patapon 3 |OT|- Daft Punk ain't got nothin' on these beats

29fsfo3.jpg

kdk2dj.jpg
2mgjnde.jpg

Information:

* Platform -- Sony PSP
* Genre -- Rhythm/God/Action/RPG/Better than your favorite game genre
* Release Date -- April 12th, 2011 (US) April 28, 2011 (Japan)
* Website -- SCEA needs to step their game up, this SCEE site is MUCH better
* MSRP -- $19.99 UMD AND...AND PSN!
* Publisher -- SCEA
* Developer -- Japan Studio/ Pyramid
* ESRB -- E (Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence)

Basic Features:
- Multiplayer (2-8 Ad Hoc) (2-8 Infra.) 8 versus, 4 co-op
- Lobbies/ Matchmaking
- Messaging
- Add On-Content

New to Patapon? HOW DARE YOU SIR

Plot:
Upon completing the bridge they constructed at the end of Patapon 2 the Patapons find a mysterious box. Upon opening seven evil spirits are released and turn all the Patapons to stone except Hatapon. A silver Hoshipon from inside the box revives Hero as Superhero Patapon. They endeavor to defeat the evil spirits.
The third in a series of innovative, rhythm-based 2D action games, Patapon 3 introduces this new Superhero Patapon, which players can use to head into musical battle, devastating opponents with deadly, rhythmic attacks. Players will go on multiplayer Quest with friends or go head-to-head on an epic four-against-four battle against other Patapon clans with network play (up to eight players). Patapon is a fully customizable experience, with different weapons and abilities that combine music and dance to create the only multiplayer portable adventure full of rhythm and war.

New characters (21 new Ultraheros!), new weapons (close to 700!), massive attacks, and an all-encompassing clan system with troop customization for your online co-op or competitive multiplayer enjoyment. You team up with three people and go play. You share loot, advance through the story you're already playing, and earn all sorts of bonuses. You can even create massive clans with logos and messages to dominate the Internet.

Trailer #1
Trailer #2
Trailer #3

1zd3e43.jpg
30n9mb9.jpg

4s00ty.jpg
2a0di5t.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Can't fucking wait.

Decided to grab the UMD version to go with the other 2 games on my shelf.

Totakeke

Patapon was fun, but then I tried going straight into Patapon 2 after finishing the first one, I couldn't get into it because it felt like I was doing the same thing all over again.

Now I still like the series, but should I just play 3 and forget about 2 ever existing?

Sykotik

Sad to hear your setup isn't working well for you. I've streamed with remotejoy on my CFW psp before and it ran pretty well.

Did you get a hold of the retail version, or are you streaming the demo?

Aside from the Pixeljunk series, I cannot find a series that gets as beautiful as Patapon with its' art style. Seeing it in motion just gets better.

Patapwn

I made an official thread on a banned site that deals with numbers and would have liked to bring it over here. Too bad I'm a junior member :(

But aside from that, good job! I consider myself a *very* jaded gamer and one of the few series that 'does' it for me anymore is patapon! As a matter of fact, patapon 1/2/(soon to be 3) are my favorite games ever.

Who want's to clan up for 3?

Corto

PATA PATA PATA PON!

The downloadable version will be mine!

And about the comments of the beauty of the art of this game I just want to use that as an excuse to post this formidable pic:

332ulxw.jpg

My body and PSP are ready.

/XX/

Rolitoland: We love JAPAN
http://rolitoland-blog.blogspot.com/2011/03/we-love-japan.html

Very good work, Square Triangle. I appreciate your respect to the PATAPON series, but there is something I think you should change in your original post; to give credit where credit is due, this game is published by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Inc., and produced through its JAPAN Studio hub, but the developer is PYRAMID, Inc. (http://www.pyramid-inc.net/index.php) and I think this should be noted, because they continue to make an amazing work and keep doing justice to the labor of French designer Rolito.

First review- Eurogamer 7/10

Patapon 3 is, in many ways, a typical third instalment: bigger, prettier, more difficult, and much more complicated. But that often works against it rather than in its favour, diluting that brilliant and unique rhythm-action strategy gameplay. Many series veterans will be glad that there's more to get their heads around, especially with multiplayer – but I can't shake the conviction that Patapon was at its best when it was simplest.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My boyfriend said he's getting this for my birthday, so I'll have to wait until the end of the month to play through it. Ah well.

Looking forward to some beautiful rhythm action when I get it!

Takao

Banned
Just bought it off of PSN (full game is 300MB or so), and the opening cinematic was absolutely gorgeous. This certainly will be a different Patapon.

Corto said:
PATA PATA PATA PON!

The downloadable version will be mine!

And about the comments of the beauty of the art of this game I just want to use that as an excuse to post this formidable pic:

332ulxw.jpg

My body and PSP are ready.

Heavy vibes of Demon's Souls... excellent.

Takao

Banned
Holy fuck, the main menu music is so good. I've already played a few areas already, but shit it's just sssoooo good.

Kaldea

No one had their shipments in today and I don't want to download it. Looks like I'll have to get it tomorrow. I hope that item code doesn't run out before then! My PSP won't connect to the internet and my TV has been taken over for the day. :U

Takao

Banned
Kaldea said:
No one had their shipments in today and I don't want to download it. Looks like I'll have to get it tomorrow. I hope that item code doesn't run out before then! My PSP won't connect to the internet and my TV has been taken over for the day. :U

You can download MediaGo (for Windows PCs) and input the code there. It'll just stay on your download list for you to download when you get the full game.

Top Bottom