• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Wrestlmania 2000 (N64) Royal Rumble |OT| Prescribin' the Pain (Sunday 10am est)

Hupsel

Damn Giantbomb is fo far ahead in terms of community compared to the other websites. Quickoooks and videos in general really helped them. And theyre awesome.

pa22word

Despite Gies and Klepek doing everything in their power to drag the event down simply by being there ("i think wrestling is stupid..." seriously bro? the fuck outta here man), I had a blast watching this. My man Navarro for the fucking win! *SNARL*

No, they should pick between No Mercy, WM2000, or Revenge. No other wrasslin games exist.

HCTP is better than all of those though :p

the joy of Gies being obliterated within seconds was cut short by him complaining about the controller and game. No one cares about your opinion of the game, that's not what this was about.

KissVibes

Banned
Despite Gies and Klepek doing everything in their power to drag the event down simply by being there ("i think wrestling is stupid..." seriously bro? the fuck outta here man), I had a blast watching this. My man Navarro for the fucking win! *SNARL*

HCTP is better than all of those though :p

Wrestling is stupid, though.

Penguin

No, they should pick between No Mercy, WM2000, or Revenge. No other wrasslin games exist.

Yeah think problem with later games is they don't make it as simple or quick, which works but probably isn't as exciting on a panel especially if everyone doesn't know the buttons

oti

Banned
I think I learned something about US culture today.
And I still think wrestling is pretty dumb, in a bad way. But you know, many people had fun so cool.

justjim89

It was almost better that it seemed like only a few people actually knew the game mechanics. All you need to do is irish whip a guy towards the ropes and chase him with a running strike. That's it.

It would have probably been more boring if everyone knew that.

They should keep doing this at PAX and the winner from each rumble has to then fight the winner of the last rumble.

Also they need some kind of title belt.... and a sign to point at.

justjim89

Wrestling is stupid, though.

Sometimes it's legitimately great though. Daniel Bryan winning at Wrestlemania, Shield vs. Wyatt family matches, CM Punk's Summer 2011 run. Those are all great moments in wrestling and it has nothing to do with stupidity. It's well-performed and well-conceptualized entertainment.

Dismissing wrestling as only being good when it's stupid does the whole industry a disservice.

KissVibes

Banned
It is, but there's a different context when someone who doesn't like it or doesn't see the appeal says it's stupid versus when a fan says it's stupid.

But I won't hold it against Scoops he was just jokin around.

They were both joking around.

Sometimes it's legitimately great though. Daniel Bryan winning at Wrestlemania, Shield vs. Wyatt family matches, CM Punk's Summer 2011 run. Those are all great moments in wrestling and it has nothing to do with stupidity. It's well-performed and well-conceptualized entertainment.

Dismissing wrestling as only being good when it's stupid does the whole industry a disservice.

Nah, wrestling is still pretty fucking dumb.

Top Bottom