• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAXMANIA 2015 | EAT. SLEEP. BOP. REPEAT (Sunday 10:30am Eastern)

Myggen

B-5Ry9nU8AII6Dp.jpg:large

PAXMANIA starts 10:30am EDT. It can be watched here and here.

It starts in:

t1425825000z1.png

From the architects of the PAX Rumble comes the next step in e-sports entertainment: PAXAMANIA! An all-star assortment of games industry superstars, fan favorites as well as promising newcomers, will face off for fame, fortune, and Twitter bragging rights. Witness first hand the evolution of the PAX Rumble storylines, as developers and press battle it out across 3 different wrestling video games in 3 epic matches in a card SO stacked you'll tell your grandchildren about it.

As per Pat Baer's video, the card should be something like this:

Match 1 is an "Invitational." 8 new-comers against each other for an invitation to the actual Royal Rumble.

Match 2 is "Grudge Match" between Samantha Kalman and Dr. Tracksuit, which was instigated at PAX South.

Then the Main Event is Dan Ryckert vs Alex Navarro for the championship.

The guest list is unknown. What's known so far is that Dirty Dan Ryckert has allied himself with RUN GFB (Dr. Tracksuit, D-Leazy/Dave Lang and The Underdraker/John Drake) to take on reigning champion Alex Navarro. Alex got his belt back from The Great Gruesome Greggy/Greg Miller at the Giant Bomb panel. In exchange, Gruesome Greggy is now the commissioner of the organization.

On the other side you have the Indie Love Coalition which consists of THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION Samantha Kalman, The Trin Train/Trin Garritano, and Alexa Ray Corriea. Will Samantha Kalman get her shot at the title at the expense of Dirty Dan Ryckert, who hasn't done shit to deserve it?

Promos:
Alex Navarro
Dr. Tracksuit
D-Leazy
Dirty Dan Ryckert
THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION Samantha Kalman and Alexa Ray Corriea
The Trin Train

The announcers will as always be Aaron Trites and Eric Pope from Harmonix.

2676959-pax+prime+royal+rumble+2014+run+gfb.gif

tumblr_nbco8kHnAu1rvo0tro1_500.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a story behind that superkick? because either Alex is the greatest seller ever, or it looks like he misses putting his hands up and it actually hits him :p

hwy_61

Banned
is there a story behind that superkick? because either Alex is the greatest seller ever, or it looks like he misses putting his hands up and it actually hits him :p

They have a video where they show Dan and Alex rehearsing it in a hotel room. I believe there was connection when it happened live.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also, is that samantha the same samantha from many a bombcast fame?

maker of...sentris I believe?

Well Dan joining Team GFB and turning heel was the best thing he could do for himself at this point. Anything to bring the championship where it belongs.

ILC on the rise and I wouldn't surprised to see the alliance between them and The Wolf to offset that Team GFB collusion.

And you can't forget our new commissioner who I'm surprised didn't just insert himself in the title match just for shits and giggles.

DIS GON BE GUD!

Frith

the best outcome is that run gfb get bopped by the ilc and sam sits in for the title fight as its no rules or whatever

i dunno if that works in wrassle maths but it should

styl3s

I hope Dan wins and i hope every UPF he shows up in full Ric Flair garb with the title and keeps it kayfabe till next paxmania.

image.jpg

In line for PAXAMANIA, it's my first live PAX Rumble/Wrestling event. Some notes from the line:
- Line already packed
- Expect a giant Dave Lang head in the crowd.
- Saw a Eat Sleep Bop Repeat shirt and had a laugh.
- "Too Sweet"ed some Bullet Club bros in the line.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dan even having a shot at the title is still complete bullshit, so I hope he gets his ass whooped.

I'm not really into wrestling but I can appreciate what it is from a distance, and yo, that poster is hype. Will this be archived on the site?

TheGrue

I've gone to the last couple of these and they are amazing to watch in person. Sadly am only able to watch the stream but hope to be there in Seattle at the end of the year.

Myggen

I'm not really into wrestling but I can appreciate what it is from a distance, and yo, that poster is hype. Will this be archived on the site?

It probably won't since it's not something GB organizes, but the Giant Bomb Unarchived channel will upload it.

Top Bottom