• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Patch #1 is live:

Fixed the "card / loot drop crash" that community members would experience while in the money screen or in the PAYDAY.
Fixed the "achievement crash" that community members would experience whenver gaining certain achievements.
Fixed the "Bad Music" asset on the Nightclub level. It now correctly lowers the amount of people willing to dance to elevator music.
Fixed the "Pickup Truck" asset on the Nightclub level. It now works.
Removed the TV's in Four Stores' 24/7 store.
Removed civilian alert on the office windows facing the street in the Nightclub level. The music is too loud for civvies outside the office to hear. Kinda like in that Hotline Miami level.
Removed civilian alert on the fancy striped lamps in the Nightclub level.
Fixed alley door in the Nightclub level.

6.1MB download.

That was fast.

Anyone pick up a console copy yet? And if so, at what store?

I called my Gamestop and they don't seem to when it will be in. Checked stock online for Best Buys around me and it says not available.

I hope to god the console versions don't have these type of bugs. We all know how long those versions take to patch.

I wonder if that's what caused the slight delay.

U2NUMB

Seems the console versions are MIA everywhere. Friends in Georgia were told it was delayed a couple days... here in Minnesota having the same issue getting the calls saying its a No go from Best Buy. Gamestop here says tomorrow or Thursday.

So that is very annoying and really poor planning on someones part. ugh

Shahadan

Played one heist offline, AI was dumb as fuck and waves of cops were boring and always similar. I hope it's because of the heist considered "easy" or something.

Still not up on PSN

quot+Wersh+the+trigger+wersh+ish+it+quot+_ac5d379625feb8e8d913d44db30e4eae.gif

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well I managed to download the rest of this game at lunchtime but had to go back to work. This evening I have rugby training too so can't play until late. Played the beta but can't wait to play the full game.

Daigoro

Seems the console versions are MIA everywhere. Friends in Georgia were told it was delayed a couple days... here in Minnesota having the same issue getting the calls saying its a No go from Best Buy. Gamestop here says tomorrow or Thursday.

So that is very annoying and really poor planning on someones part. ugh
yup, yesterday my gamestop said this afternoon. just called and now it's tomorrow.

the guy I talked to said there was no official explanation, but there appears to be conflicting release dates for the game when he checked.

it's a clusterfuck.

BlindRage

yup, yesterday my gamestop said this afternoon. just called and now it's tomorrow.

the guy I talked to said there was no official explanation, but there appears to be conflicting release dates for the game when he checked.

it's a clusterfuck.

Understatement. Had 2 different gamestops 5 minutes away from each other say different dates. (14th and 15th). Went to best buy they don't know when they will receive it. Called target and they don't think they are getting it in stock cause they don't have a place on the shelf for it, lol

Bibi, it's due to lack of HDD space. The full game is 19gigs so make sure you have the space for it. Once you download it, i'll play with you and a few other GAFers.

theRizzle

I...can't play the game.

The update is stuck on 89% and will not move. This is an issue many people are having. It fucking sucks. I cannot delete and redownload, because I will not have it downloaded until tomorrow (I get 300Kb/s max).

This was the whole point in the pre-load. Very disappointed.

That happened to me too. I can't remember what I did, either paused the preload or just restarted Steam but I got it working after.

BibiMaghoo

I only have 9Gb free on my HDD, but I assume that the 6Gb steam has allocated for the game is already taken, so that would mean I have 15Gb in all.

I will delete some stuff and see if it makes any difference.

styl3s

How is the game with just AI? Nobody on my FL cares about the game.

Not too thrilled about not being able to disable the lean stuff from carrying but the game looks too awesome to not give it a real try.

BlindRage

What's the likelihood that any of these stores get a shipment sometime during today, and we could (hopefully) grab it tonight
?

Not too thrilled about not being able to disable the lean stuff from carrying but the game looks too awesome to not give it a real try.
You can try but the friendly AI doesn't carry out important tasks like setting up drills, crowd control, etc., which will make your life a lot more difficult than it should be. The game is best played with people.

BibiMaghoo

The bar is moving, but shows 0.00Kb/s download. So I guess it's unpacking now, just doesn't tell me that?

If the bar doesn't lie, then it should be done in 10 minutes.

Karak

I cover this in my review. Its pretty impactful if its just you to be honest. It can be pretty tough and a bit less enjoyable.

styl3s

You can try but the friendly AI doesn't carry out important tasks like setting up drills, crowd control, etc., which will make your life a lot more difficult than it should be. The game is best played with people.
Well shit.. I should of done some more research before buying lol.

It does have like matchmaking though, right? I might be able to convince a friend but most of my friends on PC either only play WOW or LOL. They don't really have any interest outside those games :-/

I remember a game called "The HeiSt" that was to come out a few years back with this same basic premise - does anyone know if Payday 2 s it related to that game.

Did the Hei$t get a name change? I remember thinking it looked cool then it fell off my radar much like the original iteration of Ride to Hell.

BibiMaghoo

I remember a game called "The HeiSt" that was to come out a few years back with this same basic premise - does anyone know if Payday 2 s it related to that game.

Did the Hei$t get a name change? I remember thinking it looked cool then it fell off my radar much like the original iteration of Ride to Hell.

The first game was called Payday: The Heist. Rather than just Payday.

EDIT: The bar lied. Fuck that bar.

styl3s

You are thinking about the cancelled inXile/Codemasters game.

That game and this are completely different games.

Surprised this topic isn't busier given it's a relatively cheap game. I guess people are waiting for a lot of the upcoming games rather than playing this.

U2NUMB

Surprised this topic isn't busier given it's a relatively cheap game. I guess people are waiting for a lot of the upcoming games rather than playing this.

Also keep in mind that all of us who planned to buy on console are shit out of luck it seems at least for a few days. Always fun to find this out on release day.

El_Chino

checked David Goldfarb's twitter and a bunch of people are saying stores won't have it until the 16th

https://twitter.com/locust9
What a clusterfuck. Came all the way to GameStop to pick it up just to be told it won't be here until Friday. What's even more upsetting the lady was trying to convince there never was a street date for it -_- like are you kidding. The street date said 8/13/2013 all over the place.

Amneisac

I have one copy left over from a PC four pack if anyone's interested. It's $22.50 PayPal only. Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you my PayPal address.

What a clusterfuck. Came all the way to GameStop to pick it up just to be told it won't be here until Friday. What's even more upsetting the lady was trying to convince there never was a street date for it -_- like are you kidding. The street date said 8/13/2013 all over the place.

I was told the same thing yesterday at gamestop, that the game had no street date. All they could tell me is that it would be in "sometime this week." I checked a bunch of other stores (Best Buy, Target, Walmart) around me and none of them have it in stock either.

Would have bought the cheaper and superior steam version, but all my friends are still playing on consoles. Feels bad :\

El_Chino

I was told the same thing yesterday at gamestop, that the game had no street date. All they could tell me is that it would be in "sometime this week." I checked a bunch of other stores (Best Buy, Target, Walmart) around me and none of them have it in stock either.

Would have bought the cheaper and superior steam version, but all my friends are still playing on consoles. Feels bad :
I guess GameStop doesn't realize their own websites had 8/13/13 as a release date and that their employees just told me last week it'd be released today.

hmm not sure what is going on but I just bought this and I'm getting like a severe delay when I play with my xbox controller on my PC. there seems to be a half second input delay or something. Is there a fix for this? Sorry if this has been brought up already but I didn't see anything about it mentioned on the previous pages.

Top Bottom