• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

NIN90

hmm not sure what is going on but I just bought this and I'm getting like a severe delay when I play with my xbox controller on my PC. there seems to be a half second input delay or something. Is there a fix for this? Sorry if this has been brought up already but I didn't see anything about it mentioned on the previous pages.

Try disabling V-Sync maybe?

Hixx

It's a bit annoying that Jewelry Store is by FAR the most efficient way to get money. 40k per min on Overkill. We did the bank on Overkill and spent 2 hrs getting a way to do it without the police coming. 2 hours. And we got 150k.

In those 2 hours we could have got millions from the Jewelry heist. It was great to pull it off without cheese or glitching it but still...

Try disabling V-Sync maybe?

That did help with the lag a little bit but now I get some massive screen tearing. I'm able to run Crysis 3, Dishonored and other games perfectly fine but for some reason I'm having trouble with this one. Appreciate the advise though :)

another weird thing is when i check the steam menu in game the text is barely even readable

LkPr

It's a bit annoying that Jewelry Store is by FAR the most efficient way to get money. 40k per min on Overkill. We did the bank on Overkill and spent 2 hrs getting a way to do it without the police coming. 2 hours. And we got 150k.

In those 2 hours we could have got millions from the Jewelry heist. It was great to pull it off without cheese or glitching it but still...

Yah it seems that the Jewellery Store is the best 'farming' level... not only for money but for the cards as well.

Darkwater

PayDay 2's download is really slow and up & down for me. Anyone else have this? Speedtest.net is showing everything to be fine on my end.

EDIT: Fine now. Weird.

Is there a noob primer some where? I played two very quick games during lunch. Couldn't figure out how to use my cellphone jammer, couldn't figure out how to get guards to hit the ground (they'd look at me and my AK for a second and then start firing), couldn't get civilians to behave, etc.

Thought maybe the game bugged out as the number keys stopped swapping through weapons as well.

Raptomex

To anyone who played the beta:

Is the AI improved at all? Or was the beta online only? I'm just curious if I was to play by myself would my buddies still just follow me or at least try and do other things this time around?

Amneisac

Is the AI improved at all? Or was the beta online only? I'm just curious if I was to play by myself would my buddies still just follow me or at least try and do other things this time around?

The AI can only shoot, they do nothing else. So the AI is dumb as a box of rocks.

There is no campaign, just playing different maps.

Raptomex

The AI can only shoot, they do nothing else. So the AI is dumb as a box of rocks.

There is no campaign, just playing different maps.
Yeah, I know I have the first one and from what you said that's pretty much how it was. They just follow you around and shoot. Oh, well.

Is there a noob primer some where? I played two very quick games during lunch. Couldn't figure out how to use my cellphone jammer, couldn't figure out how to get guards to hit the ground (they'd look at me and my AK for a second and then start firing), couldn't get civilians to behave, etc.

Thought maybe the game bugged out as the number keys stopped swapping through weapons as well.

Other than the basics (shooting, moving, etc.), the keys you need to know are F and G.
F is to interact/shout and G is to use whatever you have on you (mask, jammer, bags, and mines).

As for switching weapons, just use C.

demolitio

I haven't been able to play the game yet because the resolution is messed up. I set it to 1920x1080, fullscreen, and yet it still starts with black borders. I checked my overscan settings and they're fine, I checked the resolution was set correctly in the Appdata file.

No joy.

Halp

For me, I had to change the refresh rate from 50hz to 60hz in the config file.

I'm having some weird problem where after playing for a few minutes, the view seems to tilt to one side a little. It's really odd, it makes every level seem like a bad guys hideout from the sixties Batman TV show.
The tearing is terrible as well, but I can't turn on vsync because it makes the aiming extra laggy with a controller.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I'm having some weird problem where after playing for a few minutes, the view seems to tilt to one side a little. It's really odd, it makes every level seem like a bad guys hideout from the sixties Batman TV show.
The tearing is terrible as well, but I can't turn on vsync because it makes the aiming extra laggy with a controller.

is that having to do with carrying something like jewels ? i thought i read that you lean a bit depending on what you are carrying

Ferrio

Banned

In game vsync was shitty for me, forcing it through my card was a lot better. And your view leans when you're carrying something heavy.

JakeD

For me, I had to change the refresh rate from 50hz to 60hz in the config file.

i was able to get rid of the black bars by manually changing the config file. however, running in full screen has horrible screen tearing, and turning on vsync causes horrible stutter. so right now im playing windowed at 1776x1000. HD7770 ghz edition

WarMacheen

There are some insanely stupid people playing this game at the moment. I hope to god the community gets better.

I mean its to the point I'd rather not even fucking play for a month in order to give the game time to weed out the dumbasses

Kind of absurd that choosing between farming and fun is even a thing.

NIN90

Sell me this game. I will buy it for the 360 if you can sell it to me. Why should I buy this?

How bout you read the OP, watch a twitch stream, read a review or read through a couple pages of this thread or the beta thread? I know, so much effort involved.

Sigh, all of Ohio seems to facing the same problem Of this not being in retail locations.

I found it on PSN, though the size says 2.2 mb -_- it is full price though. I would buy it...as I desperately want this...but I also want to save my storage space as I'm already juggling that like crazy due to ps plus.

Link to US PSN store.

Edit: upon checking the link again, file size has now grown to 6.6mb...curious..

Other than the basics (shooting, moving, etc.), the keys you need to know are F and G.
F is to interact/shout and G is to use whatever you have on you (mask, jammer, bags, and mines).

As for switching weapons, just use C.

So the idea for a stealth/non cop attack run is to constantly police everyone with F, telling them to get the fuck down, etc, while we snatch cash, safes, etc?

Sigh, all of Ohio seems to facing the same problem Of this not being in retail locations.

I found it on PSN, though the size says 2.2 mb -_- it is full price though. I would buy it...as I desperately want this...but I also want to save my storage space as I'm already juggling that like crazy due to ps plus.

Link to US PSN store.
That's a preorder. The full game should be up when the store is updated later today.

So the idea for a stealth/non cop attack run is to constantly police everyone with F, telling them to get the fuck down, etc, while we snatch cash, safes, etc?
Yes, and being mindful of cameras, pedestrians walking by, patrolling guards, etc.
You'll get the hang of it as you play more games. Just start out with normal difficulty games at first.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I can't really say I'm enjoying this game so far. Heists are almost impossible to pull off with random people online, and AI companions are 100% worthless so single player is impossible too. Everything in game takes way too damn long (drilling, opening safe deposit boxes, etc) so you just shoot cops for twenty minutes while your ammo runs out and then you all die. When you do have a chance to get out, somebody is insisting on picking every last safe deposit box while the rest are getting shot.

What am I missing here guys? I'd love to enjoy this game.

Salsa

I can't really say I'm enjoying this game so far. Heists are almost impossible to pull off with random people online, and AI companions are 100% worthless so single player is impossible too. Everything in game takes way too damn long (drilling, opening safe deposit boxes, etc) so you just shoot cops for twenty minutes while your ammo runs out and then you all die. When you do have a chance to get out, somebody is insisting on picking every last safe deposit box while the rest are getting shot.

play with friends or gaffers

Karak

You are pretty spot on. New people and randoms will many times turn into clown cars with police flooding the area.

Same really. Which sadly infects the NPC's as well like a brain VD.

Top Bottom