• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Ferrio

Banned
When playing in beta I really didn't understand the point of casing. It seems like all you do is get in position... not much more than that.

It wasn't listed in the pre order section, and the release date was listed as today. This was found after the store updated, too.

Regardless, the link in my op is valid for anyone wanting a quick go.
When the file size is that small, it's usually just a preorder theme or something like that. I guess it was in the process of being updated or something.

When playing in beta I really didn't understand the point of casing. It seems like all you do is get in position... not much more than that.

It's for you to scout out guards, cameras, etc without causing alarm(you'll still alert them if you get too close or scene). It's a good way of planning without putting your masks on which will aggro civs and stuff.

Ferrio

Banned
It's for you to scout out guards, cameras, etc without causing alarm. It's a good way of planning without putting your masks on.

Didn't really understand that though. Seems soon as you put on the mask everything goes to shit. Can you actually stop people from hitting alarms?

That's a preorder. The full game should be up when the store is updated later today.

Yes, and being mindful of cameras, pedestrians walking by, patrolling guards, etc.
You'll get the hang of it as you play more games. Just start out with normal difficulty games at first.

Is it possible to take the masks off if you need to?

Do civilians react to me wearing body armor instead of a suit?

Didn't really understand that though. Seems soon as you put on the mask everything goes to shit. Can you actually stop people from hitting alarms?
Any mission that starts in casing mode you can keep the cops from being notified as far as I know. Takes some mastermind and ghost skills to handle the crowd control and cameras though.

No, but it's good for recon as long as you don't get too close to patrols and the sort. Though if you do and you alarm civs/guards then you'll auto mask because your cover is exposed.

derFeef

How bout you read the OP, watch a twitch stream, read a review or read through a couple pages of this thread or the beta thread? I know, so much effort involved.

Your friend wanted to go on, I needed one clip for those heavy guys, lol... We played some normals games then, say sorry to him but it was a bit frustrating at very hard with lvl4

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Was his name Waingro?

41574_80100026463_4681_n.jpg

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
do you only get blueprints for places with that criminal edition? or are there ways to obtain them in the game?

demolitio

I can't really say I'm enjoying this game so far. Heists are almost impossible to pull off with random people online, and AI companions are 100% worthless so single player is impossible too. Everything in game takes way too damn long (drilling, opening safe deposit boxes, etc) so you just shoot cops for twenty minutes while your ammo runs out and then you all die. When you do have a chance to get out, somebody is insisting on picking every last safe deposit box while the rest are getting shot.

What am I missing here guys? I'd love to enjoy this game.

You gotta remember that it's the first day too though. I had no problems finishing most heists with randoms but everyone is just learning how the heists go at this point which means a lot of bad games with randoms but that will get better.

Everything is supposed to take long because that's the point if you don't do the optional stuff which would lead to a quick escape. You get better unlocks and even C4 down the line that will make getting into safes a lot easier though.

But there is a reason why the GAF group is being posted on every page because it infinitely makes the game better. I've been playing with a few randoms I met in the beta that use mics and I've been having a blast so not all randoms are bad, but communication is key so make friends out of any random that seems good and cooperative too if you need to. Plenty of people to play with from here though!

Yea, you can stop the cops from ever being alerted and showing up if done right. Casing is your group's chance to form a gameplan and go for stealth if you want to but that's not something you'll see with randoms. Casing really shines when you're playing with friends and if you want to go for a quick and silent run.

Basically, it's another scenario where it's a risk-reward type of thing. Do you go for a stealth heist and spend more time casing but A LOT less time during the heist or do you suspect stealth isn't possible under those conditions and just go in guns blazing from the start and use the advantage while you have it?

Casing is very helpful for those of us that want to do stealth runs though.

Is it possible to take the masks off if you need to?

Do civilians react to me wearing body armor instead of a suit?

Once masks are on, they're on for the rest of heist as a precaution. During casing, the heavier the armor you have on, the more likely people are to be suspicious of you and might even sound the alarm. So it's once again a matter of choice. Do you go for little armor protection so you can easily go in without being spotted or do you load up with a ballistic vest knowing your team won't likely do a stealth run anyway?

The game really is all about choices and their consequences.

When the file size is that small, it's usually just a preorder theme or something like that. I guess it was in the process of being updated or something.
Gotcha. Must have been that "magic time". I've never preordered off psn, but I DO know that the store is no stranger to bugs, typos, etc. thanks!

Played some offline low level heist up to lvl 6 now, its pretty fun but progress has ben VERY slow.

Any tips? most missions I just get about 6 to 8K per heist in profit to spend on stuff.

Would like some tips for more profit even in the lower/less skill lvls

demolitio

Played some offline low level heist up to lvl 6 now, its pretty fun but progress has ben VERY slow.

Any tips? most missions I just get about 6 to 8K per heist in profit to spend on stuff.

Would like some tips for more profit even in the lower/less skill lvls

Search around all over the heist area and you can sometimes find an extra $10k. The Night Club randomly has stacks of cash on the poker table and the manager's table plus drawers behind the bar can be opened for more. There was even some shit in the kitchen one game I was in.

Basically though, the harder the heist, the more the payout, but that also goes towards heists with multiple days. So if you want more money but still want to play on an easier level, do a heist that has 2 or 3 days and you'll get more from them as well.

The game really rewards you for higher difficulties though. I never thought I'd be so addicted to Overkill but it's worth it.

BlindRage

So reading the distributors twitter (505 games?)

They didn't send it to any gamestops/best buy/etc until today. Gamestop chooses to overnight their delivery and should have it tomorrow. More stores will have it towards the end of the week.

Urishizu

Just spoke with Amazon regarding my standard X360 copy.

Them: Ive already contacted the fulfillment center for you. And they inform us that the manufacturer still did not deliver the merchandise.They expect the items to be delivered today and as soon as they received it they said that they will shipped the item immediately.You will received an email once its shipped.
Me: So there is a chance it may ship today?
Them :Thats correct.There is a big possibility that it will be shipped today.

So take this as you will.

I don't know if other people are experiencing this but sometimes when I create a game (settings set on public) it looks like only friends are able to join for the duration of the lobby. It seems to affect my games randomly though so if nobody is joining I just have to re-create one.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Well, I just had this really frustrating sessions where one of the idiots we were playing with would not go to extraction zone in the mall mission. 2 fails. We fought valiantly but couldn't overcome his incompetence.

The mission variety is very, very good compared to the first.

derFeef

Well, I just had this really frustrating sessions where one of the idiots we were playing with would not go to extraction zone in the mall mission. 2 fails. We fought valiantly but couldn't overcome his incompetence.

The mission variety is very, very good compared to the first.

IMO the extration zone should be yellow - much easier for new players to see.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
IMO the extration zone should be yellow - much easier for new players to see.

True but when all 3 of us are on it and are telling someone to come here then it doesn't really get any easier. You can see your teams outline through walls.

derFeef

True but when all 3 of us are on it and are telling someone to come here then it doesn't really get any easier. You can see your teams outline through walls.

True. Friend of mine has problems with that as well, I tell him to read the chat, look around more and not just shoot - what can ya do.

I wonder, is it that the singleplayer A.I is so bad, or that this game requires much more of your partners?

L4D has always been known to have subpar A.I, but you can still get away with it in campaign due to the nature of how it plays. 95% of the time mission objectives come down to move and kill zombies. Yes, you need to interact with things now and again but you can largely do it yourself and very little timing is required.

In Payday the margin of error during a stealth run is a bit minimal. Your partners need to be much more aware and perform more complicated actions, thus the bad A.I in this game sticks out like a sore thumb...even if it's similar to other games.

I wonder, is it that the singleplayer A.I is so bad, or that this game requires much more of your partners?
The latter. The AI does perfectly fine at shooting and getting people up. But lack of doing anything other then that hurts on a lot of missions. Especially the lack of bag carrying.

Moosehole

Sell me this game. I will buy it for the 360 if you can sell it to me. Why should I buy this?

If you have to be convinced, you probably shouldn't buy it.

If you'd like to find out more information about the game to make an informed decision, there are plenty of places to do that... the first of which should be the first post of this thread that the OP went to great lenghts to put together.

styl3s

L4D has always been known to have subpar A.I, but you can still get away with it in campaign due to the nature of how it plays. 95% of the time mission objectives come down to move and kill zombies. Yes, you need to interact with things now and again but you can largely do it yourself and very little timing is required.

In Payday the margin of error during a stealth run is a bit minimal. Your partners need to be much more aware and perform more complicated actions, thus the bad A.I in this game sticks out like a sore thumb...even if it's similar to other games.
Having only played with AI since i got it today i can safely say the AI is complete rubbish. Like a child could play better. Oddly enough the enemy AI is superb compared to your partner AI which is pretty mind blowing.

I don't even mind doing the work, setting the drills etc. but they just stand around holding their dicks doing nothing and when it comes time to look a bank safe or something they don't. They don't loot SHIT. I understand it's a coop game but they should of put some more time and effort in team AI because it's literally you vs everyone else. Yeah, they will come get you if you get knocked down and try to lay down suppressing fire but they suck.

mr stroke

I can't really say I'm enjoying this game so far. Heists are almost impossible to pull off with random people online, and AI companions are 100% worthless so single player is impossible too. Everything in game takes way too damn long (drilling, opening safe deposit boxes, etc) so you just shoot cops for twenty minutes while your ammo runs out and then you all die. When you do have a chance to get out, somebody is insisting on picking every last safe deposit box while the rest are getting shot.

What am I missing here guys? I'd love to enjoy this game.

+1

Not really feeling the game so far. Played about 3 hours with randoms(all nice people with Mics) but something about this game feels very bland. Feels like a free Source Mod.

Basically walk into a building, wait, then shoot guys for 15 mins and run to a point :/

Robbing a bank should feel exhilarating. Maybe this would have been better with good AI or multiplayer Cops vs Robbers.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Basically walk into a building, wait, then shoot guys for 15 mins and run to a point :.

You can break every game down like this.

I've played a few hours online and had no issues, only failed the one mission when someone put it on the hardest difficulty.

+1

Not really feeling the game so far. Played about 3 hours with randoms(all nice people with Mics) but something about this game feels very bland. Feels like a free Source Mod.

Basically walk into a building, wait, then shoot guys for 15 mins and run to a point :/

Robbing a bank should feel exhilarating. Maybe this would have been better with good AI or multiplayer Cops vs Robbers.

Would feel better if you were with a crew that knows what it's doing, pulling off a stealth heist is an awesome feeling

El_Chino

So reading the distributors twitter (505 games?)

They didn't send it to any gamestops/best buy/etc until today. Gamestop chooses to overnight their delivery and should have it tomorrow. More stores will have it towards the end of the week.

My gamestop said it'll be there friday. -_-

Top Bottom