• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

An-Det

Also, for anyone who's curious, I finally got my hands on a near-full heist list of what will appear in the full game. Keep in mind this isn't every level in the game, there's one heist which I've added to the list as it's in the achievements but not in the listing, but it shows a lot more and what to expect in scope for the game.

Heists Known:

A reminder that this isn't specifically a full listing, such as the seven-day heist wasn't mentioned in the files, and one heist in the achievements wasn't in the files either.

Goddamn that's a great list, I didn't expect nearly so many different missions at launch. It needs to be Tuesday already.

Woah, EB Games has this listed as $39.99 for consoles, and the special edition at $59.99. I didn't know it was so cheap. Totally buying it for sure now.

Haines

Banned
I didnt see anyone answer me the first time so i will try again.... :D

Is this game something that would appeal to a Counter Strike player?

SJRB

Gold Member

No idea. Not sure what Counterstrike has to do with this game, at all.

If you're interested in this game you're better off going to Twitch and watch a livestream, or by looking up some gameplay on Youtube.

derFeef

This game is not competitive, it has more in common with Left 4 Dead and horde modes. But with a lot more randomness and badassery ;)

Apologies if this has been answered before but have they said anything about a preload? Or is it possible the beta will just convert into the final game?

Haines

Banned
No idea. Not sure what Counterstrike has to do with this game, at all.

If you're interested in this game you're better off going to Twitch and watch a livestream, or by looking up some gameplay on Youtube.

Ok. Counterstrike is played by planting bombs on a site in teams of 5. First glance gave me the idea this game might kind of be similar. I didnt realize people played it on twitch, good point! Ill check a stream out!

BibiMaghoo

Apologies if this has been answered before but have they said anything about a preload? Or is it possible the beta will just convert into the final game?

I don't know about the preload, and am wondering myself.

But it will not be the beta, your access to that will be removed from steam, and will vanish from your list.

Uiki

I play CS like every day.

Payday has nothing to do with it.. it's the opposite.

But it's still a shitload of fun.

Karak

How is this in single player?

I am working on a review of it so I don't want to say much.
But games like this hinge on the AI for a ton of enjoyment if a person wants to play it single player. The AI isn't great, and many times horrid, both for enemies or the other team members however this can fluctuate depending on how you play and how much you demand of your team.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone hosts another 4-pack, I'm interested.

How is this in single player?
I wouldn't play this or L4D solo. Real live teammates are what make these kinds of games work.
I don't think AI teammates can accomplish objectives either so you'll be doing all the heavy lifting and such... not my idea of fun.

Haines

Banned
I play CS like every day.

Payday has nothing to do with it.. it's the opposite.

But it's still a shitload of fun.

hmmm. im surprised its the opposite...what about chivalry...i picked that up lately and its cool as hell, anything like that? just trying to figure out if i want this game

yeah, I'm going to get this on the ps3. If anyone doesn't mind playing with a semi decent player who doesn't have a headset then add me: ddealer

don't laugh at my username. it was a typo but I just rolled with it.

hmmm. im surprised its the opposite...what about chivalry...i picked that up lately and its cool as hell, anything like that? just trying to figure out if i want this game

Very strange comparisons your trying to make.

Just think of it as Left4Dead 2 but with cops instead of zombies. That's the best comparison you'll get.

Haines

Banned
Very strange comparisons your trying to make.

Just think of it as Left4Dead 2 but with cops instead of zombies. That's the best comparison you'll get.

oh that makes sense.

sorry guys if i was so off base.

i finally turned a stream on, i was too busy with cs :p

first stream i turn on talking of hackers? is that a problem in this game?

Gurrry

I really want to try this game out as im on the fence about it.

Anyone know where to get a beta code for these final 2 days?

oh that makes sense.

sorry guys if i was so off base.

i finally turned a stream on, i was too busy with cs :p

first stream i turn on talking of hackers? is that a problem in this game?

I wouldn't say it's a problem per say, as it's a cooperative game through and through, there is no vs. mode. That said, I've played with a few hackers, one guy hacked it so that he had an infinite supply of turrets. So essentially it made the game easy mode. Even on its hardest difficulty. I just quit and made sure to just play with people I know, as hacking just makes the game too easy. But, as it's not competitive I wasn't too annoyed.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I was wondering. I'm guessing since I bought from GMG, that I won't get the pre-purchase bonuses..

I'm curious about this as well. Just ordered it with their 20% off voucher, but I would've done it through Steam if I won't be getting the preorder bonus.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious about this as well. Just ordered it with their 20% off voucher, but I would've done it through Steam if I won't be getting the preorder bonus.

Hmm can't see why you wouldn't get them : as far as I know, preorders on GMG always gave me the same bonuses as the ones shown on the Steam store.

If someone in the US is hosting a 4 pack I'd be in. I guess thats $22.50 from what I can see which works out at £14.50 aka. a bargain. PM me :)!
Oh. Also, you don't get loot bag via. GMG from what I've heard (someone called them about it).

Top Bottom