• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

I'm curious about this as well. Just ordered it with their 20% off voucher, but I would've done it through Steam if I won't be getting the preorder bonus.

If you get the code before official release on Steam and you can add it to your account before release, you'll get the pre-order benefits. Unless it explicitly said on GMG though, usually you won't get the pre-order benefits. It'll all be DLC one day anyways though.

XeroSauce

Super excited for all of these heists now. God damn. I laid off the beta because I didn't like my progress being wiped though.

BibiMaghoo

If you get the code before official release on Steam and you can add it to your account before release, you'll get the pre-order benefits. Unless it explicitly said on GMG though, usually you won't get the pre-order benefits. It'll all be DLC one day anyways though.

Pre-purchase PAYDAY 2 and receive access to the PAYDAY Loot Bag, which includes the following in-game items:

A unique red dot weapon sight modification available for use on all rifle weapons.
A unique Skull mask.
A unique mask pattern titled ”I LOVE OVERKILL”.
A unique color pattern consisting of the colors red and black.
A bundle of in-game cash.
(These items will not be available to purchase after launch)

That kind of implies they will not be.

psycrage

Neo Member
Looking to go in on a 4-pack of Career Criminal edition. Works out to $37.49 a copy.
I can host or pay someone. Payment through paypal.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
If someone needs another for four pack, I am down!

Can you host an US one ? I said it last page, but my message got buried / people took my place...

So again : if someone has a spot for a 4-pack, please PM me. Would be appreciated, thanks.

NewGame

Banned
I played the first game and found it to be... really bad! I guess it doesn't help that I find nothing appealing about being a criminal.

I was informed that this was because I needed to level up to get a gun that could shoot straight for over 3 meters in front of me. So I did something called 'Overdrilling' and then I got what I needed but then stopped playing.

That all said, if this games any different let me know because I like L4D style team shooters.

Isn't it weird that the PC version doesn't have pad support?

I wanted to play this with Big Picture :/
It's weirder that you don't know Payday 2 does have pad support and can be played with Big Picture :)

A lot of companies are just bad at updating their Steam store pages with features before launch.

demolitio

I played the first game and found it to be... really bad! I guess it doesn't help that I find nothing appealing about being a criminal.

I was informed that this was because I needed to level up to get a gun that could shoot straight for over 3 meters in front of me. So I did something called 'Overdrilling' and then I got what I needed but then stopped playing.

That all said, if this games any different let me know because I like L4D style team shooters.

Everything about it is better. The guns are quite good from the start with me usually having the best accuracy without even using any mods. The guns actually have recoil now so skill is also more of a factor now that you can't just hold down the trigger. The heists are a lot better so far with more random elements and you can do them differently each time.

But if being a criminal doesn't interest you, then that won't change with Payday 2. For me, it's the game that finally made your favorite movie heists playable and is just mindless fun.

I still need to buy PD2 on Steam but I doubt I'll get it in time to preorder. Still only have my 10 bucks ready and no one has bit on any of my CL sales yet...lol. Maybe I should rob a bank so I can buy a game about robbing banks?

Disclaimer: The question above is a joke and is not meant to be serious in any way so don't flag me NSA!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw footage for PD2 on 360 and, sad to say, it looks a bit more janky than I was expecting. I guess I gorged too much on lovely PC footage. Normally this stuff doesn't bother me too much, unless it impacts on gameplay significantly.

Hopefully that Day One patch will curb some of the issues...

Can someone elaborate upon the random elements that can happen during a heist?

Thanks in advance! This release pretty much sneaked up on me.

Police presence, position of guards, location of safes, location of cameras, doors open/locked, location of the escape vehicle, etc...

I think all these things can be affected by the difficulty.

You could be drilling into a vault only to find the second door shut so I have another 2 mins of firefights or you could walk straight in and the vault is already open.

you could have an easy heist or the game decides to throw 2 bulldozers and 2 tazers guys at you at once....its all random and fun

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Specifics change per heist, but I'll use three heists in the beta for example...

In the Bank heist (for simplicity, Cash version), the map is composed of a single bank building (with a roof you can access) and the streets around it. Firstly, across the map, the number and position of security cameras, security guards, civilians, and misc small safes is randomized, as well as the 'patrol route' of the guards. Where you start the heist from and where you end the heist at are also randomized between several possible positions across the map, and the position of certain important stage fixtures (in the bank heist, this is the main vault, the location of the security room, and the key card for the security room either being on the bank manager's person or laying in his office) have a few different possibilities of what they could be/where they are. Police Assaults when they're attacking is random as well as what they entail. Specifically on this map, when you open up the main vault, there is a chance that the money will be completely in the open with nothing blocking the way, or security bars will be in place you need to drill through as well. In this heist there also are a large number of deposit boxes, which have random contents inside (ranging from useless stuff like a book on rome and a sandwitch to some spare change, larger clunks of cash, or even gold).

Stuff like this change in a lot of campaigns, and there are stage specific things that can change, Another thing that can happen is in some certain heists that are multiple days long, you can randomly get an 'escape' or 'score' scenario, which is an extra stage where you either have to escape with your loot and not get caught, or have a chance to score higher and earn more money at a pitch-stop.

One thing to note is if you're trying to gauge the current mood of the stage, listen to the music. It's dynamic, will be slow and quiet when nothing is going on, slowly pick up and then accelerate and get intense when shits going down.

Just saw footage for PD2 on 360 and, sad to say, it looks a bit more janky than I was expecting. I guess I gorged too much on lovely PC footage. Normally this stuff doesn't bother me too much, unless it impacts on gameplay significantly.

Yeah I watched some footage of the 360 version too, makes me wonder if my PS3 purchase will be regrettable, rather than just going with the clearly superior PC version.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I watched some footage of the 360 version too, makes me wonder if my PS3 purchase will be regrettable, rather than just going with the clearly superior PC version.

I wish I had a PC that could run it. Like I say, hopefully the Day One will sort most of the issues... if not, I'm hoping trhe gameplay is good enough to make me ignore the jabnk a la State of Decay.

Feindflug

Wow you weren't kidding...the game looks like shit on the 360, textures and shadows are so low res and the IQ is really bad plus there's lots of tearing/frame drops too.

I was excited about this and I was planning to get the game at launch but I guess I'll wait for a price drop...oh well. :/

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Wow you weren't kidding...the game looks like shit on the 360, textures and shadows are so low res and the IQ is really bad plus there's lots of tearing/frame drops too.

I was excited about this and I was planning to get the game at launch but I guess I'll wait for a price drop...oh well. :/

Yeah, it is pretty unpretty. No wonder they haven't shown it off before. TBH, I'm okay with everything but the terrible frame-rate drop and excessive screen tear; that could impact on gameplay.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Feel like there is at least 3 people sitting waiting for someone to host a 4-pack. Unfortunately I can't, not US :(

Yeah someone started one but I wasn't fast enough (even though I asked 2 pages ago or so).
I hate (and rarely am) being a cheap cat like that, but it's tough times for me and I could use the extra saving on the US 4-pack.

/mylife

Hixx

The cooking room on Rats kills my PC. Framerate just plummets. Rest of the time the game runs at a solid 60, perfect. But that single room... I hate it! :(

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
The cooking room on Rats kills my PC. Framerate just plummets. Rest of the time the game runs at a solid 60, perfect. But that single room... I hate it! :(

Same. What are your specs ?

Was it at Rats? Some people crash during that mission because of some effects.
Uhh... to be honest, I don't remember where it crashed, but I'm almost sure that neither of the crashes happened on that map. And now that I think about it, it probably wasn't on Rats, since I have no problems with framerate there, plus both crashes happened earlier, and I still remember my first try on Rats (last night, I burned the whole lab down... if anyone from GAF was there - sorry!).

Btw, someone asked earlier in this thread, but I didn't see an answer - where and how do you find planks for windows? Randomly placed somewhere on the map, or are there exact locations where you can find them?

demolitio

Uhh... to be honest, I don't remember where it crashed, but I'm almost sure that neither of the crashes happened on that map. And now that I think about it, it probably wasn't on Rats, since I have no problems with framerate there, plus both crashes happened earlier, and I still remember my first try on Rats (last night, I burned the whole lab down... if anyone from GAF was there - sorry!).

Btw, someone asked earlier in this thread, but I didn't see an answer - where and how do you find planks for windows? Randomly placed somewhere on the map, or are there exact locations where you can find them?

Planks are semi-random on how many you can find and which spots but the spots are known. There's one in each alley on the other side of the street which seem to be a guarantee to be there by dumpsters, etc., there's one sometimes on the roof, one sometimes in the back of the parking lot, and a few more that I can't remember from last night.

It's not enough to cover each window, but we ended up boarding up every window on the left side of the bank last night meaning the cops were funneled through the front and side doors which made it a lot easier.

Planks are VERY helpful on most playthroughs and are well worth the trouble to get them. Just check all the corners outside and suspicious alleys that have no reason to be there otherwise. The game really rewards exploration through shit like planks and cash so I'm in love.

demolitio

Thanks for the helpful info! Now I just hope I don't die (a lot) while trying to find them.

Yea, I actually go out before the alarm sounds and get them as soon as my team starts the heist since most of them don't go for complete stealth. Otherwise, just go as soon as the alarm sounds and you should have time to at least get three while the first (maybe second) patrol car is all that's there. I was able to run to and from 5 times by myself without dying on very hard at the time so it's possible to do it with minimal damage taken.

I'd love to actually not be stuck playing with so many randoms so I can do some proper stealth runs just to change it up a bit. I just like all sorts of playthroughs in this so it feels different each time.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Nevermind the 4-pack, found myself a criminal edition.

PUMPED.

whyman

Ok so I pre ordered this game last night in a bit of a haze. Waking up today im starting to wonder if i did the right thing. I mostly play games single player as i dont have anyone to play online with. Will i still enjoy this game?

Xater

Ok so I pre ordered this game last night in a bit of a haze. Waking up today im starting to wonder if i did the right thing. I mostly play games single player as i dont have anyone to play online with. Will i still enjoy this game?

Probably not. Why not play with randoms?

Majority of the people online aren't that bad and you need to really cooperate with your teammates to get the most out of it. You'll really like it once you start to understand everything and get a feel for what is expected out of you and your teammates.

You'll enjoy the game. :) Failure in PD2 is always fun since you learn from it.

Karak

Ya its not great. However the PC version is fairly simplistic and really no great shakes itself...but I guess that makes the 360 version even more poor by comparison.

Top Bottom