• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know when the reviews will be out...?

Ya its not great. However the PC version is fairly simplistic and really no great shakes itself...but I guess that makes the 360 version even more poor by comparison.

True. All I need is for it to be playable. :)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Most likely tomorrow.

The extremely reputable British tabloid The Daily Star [/irony] has a very short review up...

Payday 2 is a multi-player title in which the aim is to rob as many stores and banks as you can. No heist plays out the same way twice, while there is plenty of customisation and different characters to adopt.

Good fun.

VERDICT: 3/5

Yea, I actually go out before the alarm sounds and get them as soon as my team starts the heist since most of them don't go for complete stealth. Otherwise, just go as soon as the alarm sounds and you should have time to at least get three while the first (maybe second) patrol car is all that's there. I was able to run to and from 5 times by myself without dying on very hard at the time so it's possible to do it with minimal damage taken.

I'd love to actually not be stuck playing with so many randoms so I can do some proper stealth runs just to change it up a bit. I just like all sorts of playthroughs in this so it feels different each time.
I'm finding them everywhere now, too bad you can't carry more than one set at a time. Regarding playing with randoms - will there be a GAF community/Steam group or something?

Embargo lifts tomorrow morning (not sure if it's EU or US time, but it's soon anyways).

codhand

The extremely reputable British tabloid The Daily Star [/irony] has a very short review up...

i can write one like that

Payday 2 offers up a lot of minor changes to keep things fresh, and robbing banks with your buddies online is still a blast. Some technical hiccups lead to a few frustrating moments, but overall we recommend giving this heist another crack.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
i can write one like that

Payday 2 offers up a lot of minor changes to keep things fresh, and robbing banks with your buddies online is still a blast. Some techinical hiccups lead to a few frustrating moments, but overall we recommend giving this heist another crack.

XD

I get the impression the reviewer for The Daily Star may not have played the game...

All of those who asked to be added to the group have all been sent invites.

If there's anyone else that wants in then just respond and i'll get your invite sent as quick as possible.

Karak

True. All I need is for it to be playable. :)

I will post my review later but basically you can tell that its not the most flamboyant graphics but that is most likely due to the fact that at times they need to flood the screen with enemies at various times all with special effects going off. As you said it is playable for sure and moreso due to their planning.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I will post my review later tonight but basically you can tell that its not the most flamboyant graphics but that is most likely due to the fact that at times they need to flood the screen with enemies at various times all with special effects going off. As you said it is playable for sure and moreso due to their planning.

That is a relief. All I needed to hear. :)

Whereabouts can I read your review, chief?

If you haven't gotten an invite yet then be patient because I have to search for you guys and some of you guys have profiles which are private meaning that I can't easily invite you meaning that those that have private profiles must add me.

So if you have a private profile then add me. If you haven't linked your Steam here then add me. It'll allow me to get your invites out quicker.

foxdvd

The problem my friend and I had with the first game was the game was optimized for 4 player coop and the balance was off with just the two of us. When you guys get a chance to play this, I would love to hear if the AI controlled members actually do something this time if you end up playing only 2 or 3 players.

derFeef

The problem my friend and I had with the first game was the game was optimized for 4 player coop and the balance was off with just the two of us. When you guys get a chance to play this, I would love to hear if the AI controlled members actually do something this time if you end up playing only 2 or 3 players.

AI does nothing but shoot, sadly. It's meant for 4 players - especially at harder difficulties.

NIN90

Why not... play with 2 other players? I don't understand the problem here.
Randoms are actually friendly and helpful in this game.

styl3s

Can you turn off that lean stuff? I watched Jeff playing it on the friday show and the lean you get from carrying stuff made me want to vomit. Like it physically started making me sick.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Can you turn off that lean stuff? I watched Jeff playing it on the friday show and the lean you get from carrying stuff made me want to vomit. Like it physically started making me sick.

Nope. I thought it was going to be annoying myself but it turned out to not be as big of a deal in action.

Karak

It doesn't go away no. It does actually add a bit to the immersion as does the 'down' status changes and position changes. I argee that for some it could make them a bit ill.

styl3s

It doesn't go away no. It does actually add a bit to the immersion as does the 'down' status changes and position changes. I argee that for some it could make them a bit ill.
That's a shame. I really wanted to pick this up but like Dead Island with the head bobbing this made me feel sick.

Developers should really start putting options in the menu, i understand it's there for immersion but they also need to understand that stuff like this can make people sick. No harm in allowing players to turn it on/off.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's a shame. I really wanted to pick this up but like Dead Island with the head bobbing this made me feel sick.

Developers should really start putting options in the menu, i understand it's there for immersion but they also need to understand that stuff like this can make people sick. No harm in allowing players to turn it on/off.

I understand and I agree but tbh you barely notice it and I usually tone down/turn off head-bobbing in games

Ferny

Got one game left in a four pack if anyone is interested. Just the regular version so it would be $22.50. PM if interested.

BibiMaghoo

What is this shite I keep hearing / reading that the game will not be playable until 17:00PM on Tuesday?

Has anyone else heard this? If I can't play at midnight, I will rage.

derExperte

10am PDT is standard release date scheduling for steam games.

I was about to ask what gave him the impression that it will be release earlier but the store page indeed says 18 hours until unlock which would be a few hours before the usual time this happens. So don't know what's correct.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm I just learned about this game today and it looks quite interesting. It's basically Left 4 Dead in a robbery setting, which is kinda cool as I loved L4D/L4D2.

I remember playing the demo for the first Payday on PS3 and the shooting was pretty awful - most enemies were bullet sponges and they could take you down pretty easily, so it wasn't very fun. So far the videos I've seen for this game look better, but I'll wait for reviews. I like that it's releasing at a $40 price point though.

derExperte

I remember playing the demo for the first Payday on PS3 and the shooting was pretty awful - most enemies were bullet sponges and they could take you down pretty easily

The shooting is better in P2 but you also have to consider that your guy can take more damage and use the weapons better after several upgrades in P1. Also I guess you played with bots. So the demo probably wasn't all that representative of later gameplay.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The shooting is better in P2 but you also have to consider that your guy can take more damage and use the weapons better after several upgrades in P1. Also I guess you played with bots. So the demo probably wasn't all that representative of later gameplay.

No I actually managed to get matched with other players, but we never really played as a team since some people knew exactly what they were doing whereas others (me included) were just running around trying to figure stuff out. Which would have been totally fine if I wasn't getting slaughtered left and right by enemies that could take an entire magazine clip to the face.

From what I can tell the combat in P2 is more forgiving (I think I saw a regenerating shield?) so that may help with that aspect.

DOA

looking for 3 more ppl for PAYDAY 2 Career Criminal Edition 4-Pack... i'm willing to host

it is $37.5 + paypal fees for each person

none of my friends want :(

Top Bottom