• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGGLE 2 |OT| THE BEST GAME EVER...AGAIN.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Make it stahp. After I beat world 6 I never want to play a fucking game of peggle for at least 5 years.

Varg

Banned
Multiplayer broken for you guys too? I either get failed to join session or I get into a room with no one playing.

Sub_Level

Just beat it. Peggle Master achievement unlocked. It got down to the wire so many times. And the very last red peg I had left required a ricochet. So damn stressful.

Saw a little bit of the credits, I thought I read the lead designer's name as Dudebroski lol

Just beat it. Peggle Master achievement unlocked. It got down to the wire so many times. And the very last red peg I had left required a ricochet. So damn stressful.

Saw a little bit of the credits, I thought I read the lead designer's name as Dudebroski lol

I actually didn't have many issues with getting Peggle Master, how many of the objectives have you done? Got 9 left to get 100% (all on Celestial Realm as Ive done the levels in order and refuse to go to the next one until they're all done) but I'm mega stuck on level 6 (in Celestial Realm), the one with the 5 squares, need to get 500k and I can't do it :(

bidguy

Banned

i struggled with the luna levels but the last world was pretty easy. guess i was lucky.

Sub_Level

I actually didn't have many issues with getting Peggle Master, how many of the objectives have you done? Got 9 left to get 100% (all on Celestial Realm as Ive done the levels in order and refuse to go to the next one until they're all done) but I'm mega stuck on level 6 (in Celestial Realm), the one with the 5 squares, need to get 500k and I can't do it :(

Did the bare minimum. As few trials as possible. And maybe 40 or so objectives? Checkmarks only. That's crazy to me that you're actually doing that and already that far.

i struggled with the luna levels but the last world was pretty easy. guess i was lucky.

I think I spent on a LOT of my luck on this game. 2014 is gonna be a rough year.

Sub_Level

Just beat this, awesome except I spent half the game waiting for the clip recorded notifications to disappear.

I turned the Xbone DVR off as soon as I set up everything. Yeah there were some cool moments I wish were recorded but I heard it doesn't even necessarily record the whole play. Also I think you can customize different notifications.

oti

Banned
So, now that you guys have played it, how do you think EA will incorporate f2p-mechanics for the iOS version? Are the opportunities pretty obvious to you or do they have to change the whole structure of the game? What do you think?
(I don't own an Xbox One myself but love Peggle.)

peggle2s1jbj.png

195 hours is BS, probably includes time its been on standby? Great game, shame about the lack of leaderboards and other content.

195 hours is BS, probably includes time its been on standby? Great game, shame about the lack of leaderboards and other content.

Yeah, I noticed that the game is not counting playing time properly. It is not even stand-by time. Yesterday my playing time was 26 hours (which was wrong by the way) and I have played a 4 hours (with pauses) session. Now it says 56 hours! Not possible even if you count all hours of the day.

Still at 800/1000. Need to work now on finishing all peggles objectives.

Been playing through this game and loving it. The sound/music is incredible, both artistically (beautiful remixes of classic music) and technically (sounds fantastically clear and masterful use of all channels with a good surround system). It's a real treat for the ears. The animations for the masters are very cute and look great too.

My only disappointment is the seemingly short list of masters but regardless I feel the game is absolutely worth the price. I'll be on board for whatever DLC pops up. Of course I'm hoping for the return of some of the classics updated with that gorgeous 2D animation and their own music.

Camwi

Just finished the game and it said I unlocked "Bragging Rights." Is that actually something or are they being literal?

Nori Chan

It's so hard to get all these challenges. Currently stuck on one of burgs levels trying to get rid of all the pegs :(

Gnorman is my friend :(

I thought someone bumped this thread with DLC news. :(

I never thought I'd say this but I'm very much looking forward to DLC for this game.

Tawpgun

Not gonna lie, the Peggle masters in this game blow.

The only one worth while consistently is the gnome.

The zombie girl blows as does the unicorn as always. Snow dude and Jeffrey are good situationally. Def like the old crew better. Much more interesting powers despite rabbit being op

Lrrr

I see this game is on sale for $4.80 (U.S.) in the PSN store. I was thinking of getting it because I loved the original on my phone. Does it have microtransactions or is designed around them? The first one was such a simple, yet fun, game. I'd hate to think it's been ruined by f2p nonsense.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I see this game is on sale for $4.80 (U.S.) in the PSN store. I was thinking of getting it because I loved the original on my phone. Does it have microtransactions or is designed around them? The first one was such a simple, yet fun, game. I'd hate to think it's been ruined by f2p nonsense.

Nope. There's the Windy and Jimmy DLC packs which are each a new master which a new set of levels. Then just some useless costumes. No F2P hooks in this one, they saved all that for Peggle Blast (iOS). .

Lrrr

Nope. There's the Windy and Jimmy DLC packs which are each a new master which a new set of levels. Then just some useless costumes. No F2P hooks in this one, they saved all that for Peggle Blast (iOS). .

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Is the game as fun as the first?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's basically the exact same formula as the first games outside of a few minor additions. It's worth playing, but it didn't resonate with me as much as the first one. It's hard to put my finger on exactly why...maybe the presentation, maybe the lesser amount of content, maybe just nostalgia, maybe the combination of a lot of small issues, not sure. But I still had fun and that's a great price.

Derpyduck

Banned

I would classify the costumes as being useless fluff, but the two extra masters are well worth the price of admission, and you can then use them in the main game's mission mode. I bought this for 4.80 a week ago and then 4 more dollars for the two masters and I'd classify this as one of the best purchases I made in gaming in 2014. Just a great game overall. The music and sound effects associated with Jimmy have provided endless laughs for me and my daughter. I can't believe the same company behind this game is also behind the god-awful Peggle iOS game.

Lrrr

It's basically the exact same formula as the first games outside of a few minor additions. It's worth playing, but it didn't resonate with me as much as the first one. It's hard to put my finger on exactly why...maybe the presentation, maybe the lesser amount of content, maybe just nostalgia, maybe the combination of a lot of small issues, not sure. But I still had fun and that's a great price.

That's very interesting to hear. I wonder why your reaction to it was lukewarm (too similar, too different, etc.)?

I found the Jimmy DLC in the PS store for $1.99, but not the Windy one. Also found what appears to be the collector's edition with everything included.

I can't believe the same company behind this game is also behind the god-awful Peggle iOS game.

Snuggles said the same about the iOS version. EA/Popcap went crazy with the microtransactions in it, eh?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't mean to sound like I didn't enjoy Peggle 2 quite a bit. It just had a lot to live up to considering the first game is one of my all-time favorites.

The mobile version is mechanically good and probably not any more offensive with it's microtransaction implementation any the average F2P mobile game from a large publisher, but it has all the usual currencies, consumables and retries that can be purchased with real life money and eventually become a near-requirement unless you want to grind your brains out. I'll just stick with Peggle Classic on mobile. :)

Derpyduck

Banned
I don't mean to sound like I didn't enjoy Peggle 2 quite a bit. It just had a lot to live up to considering the first game is one of my all-time favorites.

The mobile version is mechanically good and probably not any more offensive with it's microtransaction implementation any the average F2P mobile game from a large publisher, but it has all the usual currencies, consumables and retries that can be purchased with real life money and eventually become a near-requirement unless you want to grind your brains out. I'll just stick with Peggle Classic on mobile. :)

I wouldn't mind the new mechanics in the iOS Peggle game if they weren't built around a pay-to-win mechanic. It's actually a good game otherwise.

Lrrr

This is exactly how I feel regarding the original Plants vs Zombies for mobile. PvZ2 isn't terrible, but it's full of junk designed to bloat the game, stall progression and direct the consumer towards microtransactions. It's quite a shame too because underneath it all, there's a fun game to be had.

Lrrr

Okay I bought the game last night and tried it. Snuggles, I see what you're saying about presentation. This one is trying too hard to be cute, funny or whimsical and it's not working. That said, it's still Peggle and I'm having fun with it, though I could've done without the "Big Lebowski" character.

Bought the complete edition from a sale on the PS Store for £5 a couple of days ago, and I played about an hour last night. I really like it so far. The visuals are great, I find the presentation extremely charming and I love the classical music everywhere. It doesn't seem all that different from the first game but honestly I never played a lot of Peggle 1 so I don't mind too much.

daevv

Bought it for $1.50 during the PSN flash sale. Great game so far! The objectives trophies look hard but the rest is doable. Nothing to frustrating....yet. :)

Edit: I haven't searched yet but I'm wondering if any more DLC is planned?

Top Bottom