• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentagon posts video proof Yemen raid was success, but it was 10 yrs old

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
For those who don't know, there was a recent Yemen raid plan and this video was stated by the Pentagon to be proof that it was a success. Turns out that proof was from something else 10 years ago and they took it back down.

The Pentagon Said This Video Shows A Raid In Yemen Was Successful. It's A Decade Old. - BuzzFeed News
https://apple.news/ASoZax3YuTFqDyBBn9UC7Jg
WASHINGTON — The US military on Friday took down the link to a video that it said it secured from a raid in Yemen last week just hours after posting it, having realized that far from showing off the intelligence gained from the raid, the videos were a decade old.

The video, titled “Courses for Destroying The Cross,” was first released in 2007 and had been online for years, as it turns out. In the less than two-minute long video, which was widely circulated after it was pushed out on Friday morning, there are several clips showing a man in a white robe and black mask explaining how to make a bomb using chemicals.

Krakn3Dfx

Great scott! Donald, we have to go back!

DocBrownProfilePic.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
One of these times Youtube is going to flag it for copyright when it's supposed to be something new.

studyguy

It's almost impressive that they've been that emboldened to lie to the country straight out of the WH.

"The Pentagon announced a 2 p.m. background briefing Friday to discuss the raid in more detail, but it was canceled after the age of the video clips was discovered." According to Politico. Fucking crazy dude.

UberTag

This tells me that the raid was not a success... because otherwise they would just use recent video footage. Sad.

rjinaz

Most Americans will believe the current White House. They don't even need to try anymore.

Sad times. This will be remembered as a dark age for America and of course the people that went along with it will pretend they were outside it all along.

*Splinter

Lot of people in here not reading even the short excerpt in the OP.

This video is the "Intel" found during the raid, not a video of the raid itself.

This isn't a lie, it's a terrifying display of incompetence.

We were able to uncover very important video on the war against terrorism.

lzSL6tz.gif

Dino Jihadists. The threat is real, folks. This is BIGLY huge.

Man, I even gave them the benefit of the doubt in the other thread... serves me right for seeing a glass half full.

I stand corrected - there is no excuse for incompetence and lethal bravado.

DOWN

Banned
Lot of people in here not reading even the short excerpt in the OP.

This video is the "Intel" found during the raid, not a video of the raid itself.

This isn't a lie, it's a terrifying display of incompetence.
I think a lot of people here understand that and it doesn't make it any less ridiculous that they posted a video that has been available on the internet for a decade as the proof that they were a success

No high school kid in their right mind should join the US military with this administration making the calls.

Trump is practically an anti-Recruitment tool. I trust him even less than I trusted W. Bush with military operations.

Fucking disgrace.

No high school kid in their right mind should join the US military with this administration making the calls.

Trump is practically an anti-Recruitment tool. I trust him even less than I trusted W. Bush with military operations.

Fucking disgrace.

It took you THIS long ?
Edit : sorry this isn't directed at you even though I quote you.
(Shouts in general direction of every trump voter)

What got me hitting reply was the comparison to bush:
Richard Nixon reanimated would have been a better choice at least he cared about himself AND the country.

It took you THIS long ?
Edit : sorry this isn't directed at you even though I quote you.
(Shouts in general direction of every trump voter)

What got me hitting reply was the comparison to bush:
Richard Nixon reanimated would have been a better choice at least he cared about himself AND the country.

There is something really sick with Republicans and inventing war motives. Seems to revolve around a thick, sticky, black, fluid-like substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom