• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I've enjoy SHIELD, and it's gotten better.

But that show, starting at a similar time in the year, the same amount of episodes, has 5 times the posts in it's topic. I probably shouldn't bother looking into the topics on TWD, MadMen, Hannibal, or other lesser shows.

That's right. It's time to get elitist. GAF responds to elitism.

We need to give NTGYK a good talking to. 120 more posts in there, than he does here.

tumblr_inline_mp9gumkn5H1qz4rgp.gif

You son of a gun, NTGYK. DECIDE YOUR ALLEGIANCES.

I'm so sorry.

Though to be fair, most of those posts were at the beginning of the season, and I somehow ended up being the one who posted the most.

Season 4 guys. It's my redemption arc.

POI-GAF for life

tumblr_ljojlxDnDH1qehcol.gif

Sonicbug

Ratings were crap all over the place, everything was down over last week. I'm not particularly worried. I'll worry next year when the ratings count.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Jonah Nolan 7 season plan better be finished.

Meteorain

I liked the Collier backstory. Gave us a nice insight into what motivates him.

Although how the fuck Vigilance gets their intel is still unexplained :(

Is there a more amazing show on TV right now? The vast majority of the episodes of Season 3 are of such high quality that they would be finale worthy of most shows. The mid season ending arc was outstanding, and the finale arc seems to somehow find ways to keep upping the stakes to ridiculous levels.

Best damn show on TV, no contest, imo of course.

[spoilers]America, if POI is canceled because of low ratings, you deserve to be prosecuted by Philip Collier for crimes against humanity.[.spoiler]

Apoc29

Collier don't play...he captured 5 of the most secretive/security-oriented people in the world in one night. Justice is a hell of a drug.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
maybe try googling "Canine of Interest", see if there are other "options" available in your countries.

They're only 40 seconds each, just short little BTS video's on Boker, the dog that plays bear.

Zalasta

Was it revealed who texted Collier if he wanted to know the truth about his brother's death? Maybe that is the source of all his intels.

Lonestar

Was it revealed who texted Collier if he wanted to know the truth about his brother's death? Maybe that is the source of all his intels.

A subject some of us have talked about (though probably hidden in black text).

Yeah, I'm hoping the identity of who that person is, is exciting and suprising, and not just a random guy recruiting collier into Vigilance.

A subject some of us have talked about (though probably hidden in black text).

Yeah, I'm hoping the identity of who that person is, is exciting and suprising, and not just a random guy recruiting collier into Vigilance.

With the shot importance placed on that text, I doubt it will be a random guy. I'm sure that will be the reveal at the end of the finale.

Sober

Maybe, maybe not. All it really tells us is Vigilance is a big thing and they are definitely bigger than Collier and his group, which are probably just the NYC cell.

Is there a more amazing show on TV right now? The vast majority of the episodes of Season 3 are of such high quality that they would be finale worthy of most shows. The mid season ending arc was outstanding, and the finale arc seems to somehow find ways to keep upping the stakes to ridiculous levels.

Best damn show on TV, no contest, imo of course.

[spoilers]America, if POI is canceled because of low ratings, you deserve to be prosecuted by Philip Collier for crimes against humanity.[.spoiler]

I couldn't agree more. This show is, hands-down, among the best I've seen in recent memory. I'm not sure how it is doing ratings-wise (I'm not in America) but I hope it's getting a lot of viewers. I couldn't think of any other American show that is as well-written as this. Looks like I finally found my replacement for Fringe.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Why this show isn't more popular I'll never know.

Because it's preceded by two hours of the NCIS Cataract Express, which appeals to the "people who think the ATM is a little guy in a box" demographic. Computers as tools of good and evil is pretty high concept for that crowd.

Lonestar

I'm sure it's been kept on the air, because a large chunk of seniors leave the tv on. I've been alright with that, though I am starting to get upset at the show being ignored.

Karu

The show is good, sometimes great. But overall nowhere near the level some of you guys would like it to be. The ratings are a shame, because PoI is entertaining. But nowadays 1.7 isn't all that bad. Not even on CBS necessarily.

I'm glad CBS is in charge of the show instead of this thread. Everyone here seems to think it's teetering on death while CBS puts out press releases every week praising its ratings wins and analysts had it as an easy lock to be renewed all year.

Your measuring sticks for success are not the same as theirs.

Karu

I'm glad CBS is in charge of the show instead of this thread. Everyone here seems to think it's teetering on death while CBS puts out press releases every week praising its ratings wins and analysts had it as an easy lock to be renewed all year.

Your measuring sticks for success are not the same as theirs.
Well press releases are not really that objective. And I mean that in a "press releases are worthless"-kinda way. The ABC ones are always entertaining to read. But aside from that, the ratings are not that horrible yet to be overly concerned.

The show is good, sometimes great. But overall nowhere near the level some of you guys would like it to be. The ratings are a shame, because PoI is entertaining. But nowadays 1.7 isn't all that bad. Not even on CBS necessarily.
As far as programs of this type go, it's easily the best I've seen. No it's not on the level pf Breaking Bad or The Wire but given it's a procedural on the same channel as NCIS? The quality it's at is crazy.

Karu

As far as programs of this type go, it's easily the best I've seen. No it's not on the level pf Breaking Bad or The Wire but given it's a procedural on the same channel as NCIS? The quality it's at is crazy.
As I said, PoI is a very good show. Better than shows like NCIS (Though I'm also hesitant to call NCIS for example a shit show. It may have run its course, but there's still merit in this kind of show. Team dynamic and stuff) and co.

But even on network there are shows like Hannibal and especially The Good Wife, that can easily compete with PoI. Obviously there are personal preferences to consider, but when you at least try to have a somewhat objective view on things, it comes apparant that PoI has a few elements that hold the show back from being truly excellent. (The relatively weak case of the week are the biggest one and sometimes hurt the pacing.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I've been wanting to say that John and Zoe need to get a room already, but this episode of season 2 in a hotel clearly shows that they have been getting it on :p

Man I love Zoe, I want her to be a regular too damn it. This show has the best supporting characters

Tugatrix

So I've been wanting to say that John and Zoe need to get a room already, but this episode of season 2 in a hotel clearly shows that they have been getting it on :p

Man I love Zoe, I want her to be a regular too damn it. This show has the best supporting characters

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Wait... The guy next to john in the first video (at least on the image showing, I'm not clicking it lol) is the assassin trying to kill him in season 2 right? Guess he's still around huh?

Nooooo that gif looks ominous, she dies doesn't she? Or she turns out evil or something... Damn it all my waifus are evil :(

Display Error

Neo Member
Wait... The guy next to john in the first video (at least on the image showing, I'm not clicking it lol) is the assassin trying to kill him in season 2 right? Guess he's still around huh?

Yep. You'd think he'd be killed off but he just keeps coming back, lol.

Bro. Bring your Hawkguy A game bro.

Bro!

I really should post more too sorry :c

My bro.

I liked the Collier backstory. Gave us a nice insight into what motivates him.

Although how the fuck Vigilance gets their intel is still unexplained :(

Yeah, the backstory was well done.

Be a hell of a twist if it was Finch. Can't be Ingram, he DEAAAAAAAAAAAD.

I wonder if I should click these.

Phlebas

Banned

Nooooo that gif looks ominous, she dies doesn't she? Or she turns out evil or something... Damn it all my waifus are evil :(

you really should stay away from this thread until you're caught up.

Rhaknar

you really should stay away from this thread until you're caught up.

Nah I don't care. Also...

Holy shit you guys it's a female John, but even more badass if that's possible o_O

Rhaknar

Shaw? If yes, she's amazing

This episode was fucking amazing. I won't even ask if she shows up again because it's obvious she will, she was ridiculously badass. Jesus Christ this show, how is this possible, I've never seen so many strong characters in 1 show. Also this ep had Root (yo Root's crazy) and Tau the sleazy accountant or whatever he is, another awesome side character!

This show man...

Tugatrix

This episode was fucking amazing. I won't even ask if she shows up again because it's obvious she will, she was ridiculously badass. Jesus Christ this show, how is this possible, I've never seen so many strong characters in 1 show. Also this ep had Root (yo Root's crazy) and Tau the sleazy accountant or whatever he is, another awesome side character!

This show man...

Wait until season 3 and you will see how you haven't seen nothing quality wise

Velcro Fly

Think over the summer I'm going to rewatch Seasons 1 and 2. I half paid attention to them and only watched when someone was getting their ass kicked. Sorta miss a little of the story that way =/

Rhaknar

Guys, guys

Tao is back again, I can already tell it's going to be a good one :p

Edit: boo seems he was just in the opening scene :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I still haven't been able to watch this. That same day I was hit with intense pain in the belly turns out I was suffering from appendicitis and needed surgery right away.

Might watch them back to back next week.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hope you're better, Error!

Also, Relevance is perhaps my favorite episode. Curiously enough it's Jonah Nolan's first attempt as a director.

Wonder when will be the next episode he'll direct.

Rhaknar

Intro to episode 21 all corrupted is a nice touch. 2 to go, wonder if the finale will be as crazy as season 1

Edit: yo Root is kinda crazy
Edit: Shaw!
Edit: oh Shaw why are you such a motherfucking badass?

Editeditedit!

John holding a shotgun: "what's this for?"
Shaw:"to help you feel less inadequate while I drive this thing"

OH SNAP

Last edit: and season 2 done. Good finale, not as good as S1 finale. I wish Shaw was a regular. Also I liked the little exchange between John and Harold about what he pays john, which apparently is a lot. Just a little detail I had been wondering myself and I'm glad they touched on.

On to season 3 then!

Rhaknar

Noooo wtf they changed Shaw's actress?

Edit: I'm talking about season 3 first, she just looks... different. Maybe it's the long hair. And in googling if they had changed the actress, I came across a spoiler about
Carter
ffs. And even tho I am in a spoiler thread, it still pissed me off. I didn't have any major point spoiled by you guys, I go 1 time on google.. Damn it. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom