• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Penultimate episode jitters much?

"A House Divided"

The Machine sends the team five Numbers to try and determine what is going on in an impending catastrophe that it is blocked from seeing. Meanwhile, Root brings her assembled team of hackers to New York for the next part of her mistress' plan.

Leeness

Wow. What an episode. I cannot wait for next week. It is going to be amazing. Can't wait for you guys to watch it.

w9CVi.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Started a couple minutes late so I started on the DVR. Now I'm caught up.

5 numbers, and one of them Control. This is gonna be good.

BatDan

Oh man, a kangaroo court that will very likely end in a massacre.

Come on next week!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Gonna take a miracle to not have Harold revealed to the world.

Or....

a deus ex machina :)

Crazy teaser :O

BatDan

What if the person that texted Peter was the mystery man from Last Call?

Lonestar

What if the person that texted Peter was the mystery man from Last Call?

Bringing back my old theory of: Nathan Ingram isn't dead, and this has been a long con to end the machine/corrupt influences after his near death.

Wildcard: Harold secretly created Vigilance to do something similar.

But yeah, I don't know, but the way the text scene was presented, that seems important. Way more important than just the leadership of vigilance recruiting Collier in 2010 (as he didn't create Vigilance, but rose in it's ranks)

ZenaxPure

Oh god it's so hard to not click any of those bars. Going in blind this week was so much fun, I wanna do it next week too.

Anyway, shit got so real in that episode, like damn. Everyone was showing up to the party (cept Fusco like wtf show c'mon), so many people working together that shouldn't, and we finally got to see why Collier started this thing. Dunno if anyone other than me was interested in his backstory, but, I am glad we finally got it. Hard to blame him for what he's done even if his methods are a bit insane.

God I can't wait till next week, literally never been so excited for a tv show in my life.

Lonestar

not really sure why I put it in spoiler bars. Probably because Batdan did. It's speculating on who texted Collier back in 2010, post death of his brother. Batdan had a thought, then I busted out a couple of my old ones, but really, no clue who it might be.

Just know the moment seemed too important for it to just be some random vigilance guy recruiting collier. Wondering if it's someone that's been on the show before, in some aspect.

Lonestar

POI Writers' Office ‏@POIWritersRoom 39m
We shot many of the blackout scenes day for night. @widgetfactoryco & our DP Manuel Billeter made it possible

Kind of thought they did, as it did have that fake look, but still, some of the better "fake night" work that I've seen.

not really sure why I put it in spoiler bars. Probably because Batdan did. It's speculating on who texted Collier back in 2010, post death of his brother. Batdan had a thought, then I busted out a couple of my old ones, but really, no clue who it might be.

Just know the moment seemed too important for it to just be some random vigilance guy recruiting collier. Wondering if it's someone that's been on the show before, in some aspect.

Yeah, I definitely see it as setting up a thread for next season.

This show...I really do feel it is one of the best things going on TV. Even in the number of the week episodes, they manage to do bits of character development or plot threads that pay off. Like Collier this week, man...when he found out what was really going on with his brother, I was all, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck." They do such a good job with almost all the things. Love it.

Mars477

Banned
Ahhh! This fucking show!

I'm not going to go into spoilers, but I just gotta say: great fleshing out of Greer and "Peter Collier", Shaw remains the best, and Shaw, Reese, and Hersh grudgingly teaming up just might be my favorite thing this year.

Now if only I could watch the finale live. Damn international flight...

Lonestar

Ahhh! This fucking show!

I'm not going to go into spoilers, but I just gotta say: great fleshing out of Greer and "Peter Collier", Shaw remains the best, and Shaw, Reese, and Greer grudgingly teaming up just might be my favorite thing this year.

Shaw, Reese and Hersh, but yes, Hersh has been great in his small role, and the actor is usually pretty good (small role on House of Cards, too)

foxtrot3d

Banned
FUCK MAN! This show, so good. Now I have to reconsider everything I thought about Decima. If Decima really just wants an unrestricted machine to watch over us all is that really so bad? The Machine already does that but is limited in its ability, if Samaritan takes over it could do everything better. Ughhhhhh, now I actually want to see Decima win in the end and for Samaritan to come online, OR they could rip a plot line straight from "Deus Ex"
Samaritan and the Machine will merge together to create one super benevolent GOD AI, and then maybe Reese will have to choose whether or not to let it free or destroy it.

The fact that the next episode is titled "Deux Ex Machina" is just hinting at the potential for this awesomeness, it actually makes me wonder if any of the show writers actually played the original "Deus Ex" as the similarities are getting too close. I really do hope the title lives up to the name because in the game "Deus Ex" the title was a brilliant double pun, hopefully this next episode will do something uniquely creative. And for those who don't know what I mean the phrase "Deus Ex Machina" is latin that translates literally as "god from the machine." In ancient times as well as current everyday usage it refers to a narrative technique/plot device in which "a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object." It originated from Greek plays in which they would resolve complex plots in plays by lowering actors playing gods through a simple machine onto the stage to magically resolve any loose ends in the plot.

However, taken literally the phrase can now refer to a "machine god." So strap in kids, shit is about to get heavy.

You will soon have your God and you will build it with your own hands.
-Morpheus, Deus Ex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom