• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

So if I pick it up I should avoid story mode. Is there any single player mode that won't ruin it for me?

Arcade mode...if your skip all the talking parts.

But honestly I think I like this game as much as I do due to playing P4.

Do it.....unless you are waiting for the Vita version.

Sophia

There's no real spoilers in Arcade Mode, honestly. Everything in it was mentioned outright in pre-release materials. Unless you're one of those people who considers "Naoto is a girl" to be a spoiler, which is silly given P4's intro spoils that. :p

lilty

Don't have a Vita. Just waiting to find a copy of P4 for a reasonable price...

There's no real spoilers in Arcade Mode, honestly. Everything in it was mentioned outright in pre-release materials. Unless you're one of those people who considers "Naoto is a girl" to be a spoiler, which is silly given P4's intro spoils that. :p

I feel like a complete dumbass. I swear I am the only one who was surprised by that.

Feels bad man.

Sophia

Anyone got some tips for a prospective Yosuke player?

Yeah, don't stop moving and keep the pressure on. Yosuke is a lot like Akihiko in that I'd love for nothing more than for you to let up or back off so I can Origa mode Megidofire your sorry ass. :p

$20 is not a reasonable price?

Or are you not from the US?

He's in Ontario according to his profile, so it should be the same/similar price.

I feel like a complete dumbass. I swear I am the only one who was surprised by that.

Feels bad man.

To be fair, if you were playing the Japanese version it kinda was a spoiler. The English version failed to mask it at all because of translation differences + The opening video blatantly giving it away. :p

Sophia

Vanilla Persona 4's been $20 for like... at least a year, maybe more? P3FES is only $20 now too for a physical copy (or $10 if you get it off PSN.)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn, are there too many online or do you think it's just a coincidence? I'm looking to main him when this drops in EU but I don't like using over-saturated characters...

HarrisonFordWHOGIVESASHIT.gif

Play who the fuck you want. Fuck Usage and Tiers.

Sophia

Also, I'm noticing quite a few people playing the game with controllers. Is the game friendlier to controllers than MvC3 was? I know folks who'd argue I'm wrong about MvC3, but I felt some combos in the game were irritating on a controller. SF4 was worse.

360's d-Pad is still awful, and the PS3's dpad is perfectly acceptable but it'll ruin your hand fast due to it's design. :p

It's very controller friendly.

Feels like the game is running gimmicks instead of being honest. On top of that, I have VF, so my tolerance for stuff like this is pretty low right now.

hmmm I wouldn't say full of gimmicks. There is nothing in this game you couldn't avoid or forsee. Nor is the game punishing to the point of OHKO (unless you're eliz and they decide to use EVERY resource while you use none).

Honestly I think this game is pretty fair. At most its just as bad as KOF which people call "an honest fighter".

Its just about learning the matchups, and learning the system mechanics.

Onemic

Er-You mean $30? Not for a while, it just released two days ago?

Also Junpei you need to play Naoto and Akihiko against me. >_>

haha, I'm officially junpei now.

Don't you play Aki though?

I think I might just play ranked today, have to practice them combos!

Chavelo

Hmm... I was gonna play Persona 4, but then I lose P4A time. Decisions.

It can be done, God's Beard. :D

Husjd.jpg

Feels like the game is running gimmicks instead of being honest...

:lol

I'll give you a chance, though. Explain.

Shito

Wow God's Beard, tried your "corner sweep" combo in training tonight, and WOW.
I still don't have it "in the hands" quite yet, but it's rather easy to do for A LOT of damage.
Add a Bufudyne at the end of it and you reach 4412 damage.
Add TWO Bufudyne at the end of it and you have a 5162 combo for 100 meter.

This is my number one combo to master! <3

lilty

Also add me on PSN guys: aka-lilty

Gonna pick this up in a couple of hours and wouldn't mind some friendly games. Be warned: I'm terrible at fighters.

TheSeks

haha, I'm officially junpei now.

Don't you play Aki though?

I think I might just play ranked today, have to practice them combos!

I need to play Mirror Matches and Naoto.

TheSeks

There's a GAF room but it disappeared on a research, maybe full.

Also OMG "I love/Oral/SWALLOW WHOLE"

Gbraga

Wow, the boxart is really cool.

Please post high level streams/videos here when you have it GAF, I won't buy it because of the region lock stuff, but I love me some Persona and will gladly watch it.

Afrocious

Also, not going to lie, I like the little community here on NEOgaf around this game. Majority here rocking the PS3 or 360 copy?

I'll give you a chance, though. Explain.

I'm not sure that's what he means, but I'd say that like in BB but to a lesser extent, the mobility and the fact that the characters are so different from one another means that fundamentals are somewhat de-emphasized, and they won't really help you deal with a match-up you're not familiar with, as opposed as what you can do in what some people refer to as "honest" fighting games.

Top Bottom