• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

FluxWaveZ

Quick question though: did they change the input for guard cancels? Or did you just accidentally put 6A+C instead of 6A+B?

I'm really hoping you didn't make a mistake. No more accidental SB attacks and AoA's when trying to guard cancel would be great.

Guard Cancels have always been 6A+B, but the mechanic I describe below that graph is new to P4AU: the Quick Escape Cancel, which is 6A+C.

So is anyone here with an EU PS3 importing the JP version? If the JP version ends up having English text/voices again like P4A and is region free this time I'd rather import that than the US version due to easier access to future DLC.

So is anyone here with an EU PS3 importing the JP version? If the JP version ends up having English text/voices again like P4A and is region free this time I'd rather import that than the US version due to easier access to future DLC.

I'll probably import too if JP version has English.

RoeBear

Aren't all the DLC characters free their first weeks on US PSN. I'm not sure they are with JP versions of the game. That alone is making me wait on US version.

FluxWaveZ

Aren't all the DLC characters free their first weeks on US PSN. I'm not sure they are with JP versions of the game. That alone is making me wait on US version.

Adachi and Marie are free during the first week of the NA release, however no word on Margaret as of yet.

Any guesses as to how much the P4A DLC is gonna be? I never played the first one.

Episode P4A? There's been very little word on that. So far, we only know it's going to be included with the LE release in Japan, so we have no pricing or release date for the DLC release by itself in Japan or in North America yet.

It's the thought of future DLC that concerns me (pretty sure they've not said anything about Margaret being free, or the original P4A story mode), I'm constantly buying JP PSN credit anyway - but I'd have to specifically buy US PSN credit just for P4U.

RoeBear

Wasn't sure about Margarete but thanks for the clarification. Only DLC person that looks nice so far is Adachi. I'll still probably just stick with Naoto and Akihiko. I also want to at least try Ken.

muteki

Still on the fence about importing this. Will depend on voice/text options in JP/NA versions, and lack of official comment on this is suffering (and region lock, for that matter).

Need to get through P4A now so I'm in no rush.

hao chi

Wasn't sure about Margarete but thanks for the clarification. Only DLC person that looks nice so far is Adachi. I'll still probably just stick with Naoto and Akihiko. I also want to at least try Ken.

Wha? Didn't you see that suplex?!

I'm seriously considering maining Margaret. Can't wait to try her out.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
If they seriously region lock this imma be hella pissed

It comes out a month later, so that's no big deal. But it would still tick me off since Play-Asia is saying that the game is region-free. Not going to be very happy if this is not true, especially since they are refusing to let people cancel pre-orders on the special versions.

hao chi

It comes out a month later, so that's no big deal. But it would still tick me off since Play-Asia is saying that the game is region-free. Not going to be very happy if this is not true, especially since they are refusing to let people cancel pre-orders (lol).

If the game ends up being region locked, I'm sure Play-Asia will email people informing them of the situation and asking if they want to keep their pre-order, like they did for BBCP when it was found out the game doesn't have English text.

Either way, I can't see them announcing a region lock with less than a week to the game's release. If they haven't said anything yet, I highly doubt there's a region lock.

FluxWaveZ

It comes out a month later, so that's no big deal. But it would still tick me off since Play-Asia is saying that the game is region-free. Not going to be very happy if this is not true, especially since they are refusing to let people cancel pre-orders on the special versions.

CDJapan is saying the same. These online retailers will probably also be pretty unhappy if the game turns out to be region locked, when they were saying the contrary to their customers. Play-Asia, particularly, has been pretty adamant about the game being region free, even when reminded about what happened with P4A.

I guess there's no chance to see english text on the JP/HK version ?

There is, actually. That's another unknown, though far more unlikely than the possibility of it being region free.

Last I checked, the arcadia tier list was something like this:

S: Yosuke, Yu
A+: Minazuki, Aigis, Akihiko
A: Teddy, Sho, Yukari, Shadow Labrys, Mitsuru, Shadow Chie
B: Naoto, Junpei, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Shadow Mitsuru, Shadow Yu
C: Elizabeth, Labrys, Rest of the Shadow Versions

Keep in mind, it barely takes the 1.1 changes into account, but I think that's a rough estimate of what the P4AU metagame looks like. The game is rather top-heavy, though pretty much everyone has access to stupid bullshit
Yosuke sure got a lot better, huh? Sooooo good.

zoobzone

they basically only did 2 things. Gave him a knockdown and buffed sukukaja. He didn't even need the 2nd, just the first. He is ridiculous.

Yeah it's stupid.

Yosuke is currently the MOST un-fun character to play against for pretty much every character in the game.

Slaythe

Yu is extremely well rounded, explaining the S tier but in no way is he "annoying" to fight, as he can be very predictable, besides a few match ups he's really not that bad to deal with.

Yosuke on the other hand is simply hell.

I'll most likely main Ken if he isn't too bad on this version. But yikes, scared of Yosuke 2.0 already.

Yu is extremely well rounded, explaining the S tier but in no way is he "annoying" to fight, as he can be very predictable, besides a few match ups he's really not that bad to deal with.

Yosuke on the other hand is simply hell.

I'll most likely main Ken if he isn't too bad on this version. But yikes, scared of Yosuke 2.0 already.

yu is no fun to play because he has all the tools and kills you in 2 hits. They made him from a vortex character into a 1hit into mixup into death.

For me, the only fun characters are the low tiers minus kanji. I always thought kanji's gameplan is just so dumb.

I'll play this casually because I don't expect much from this game.

ivAfco24Kzeba.png

Taking this one

So I know Adachi/Marie will be free for the first week of the US release, but have they said anything regarding the JP version for those characters? For the digital version, I should specify.

So I know Adachi/Marie will be free for the first week of the US release, but have they said anything regarding the JP version for those characters? For the digital version, I should specify.

For the Japanese version:

-Marie won't be available at launch
-Adachi is free for first print physical copies, available at launch.
-Digital copies do not get Adachi for free, nor will he be available at launch to download separately. He will be released "at a later date"

For the Japanese version:

-Marie won't be available at launch
-Adachi is free for first print physical copies, available at launch.
-Digital copies do not get Adachi for free, nor will he be available at launch to download separately. He will be released "at a later date"

Alright thanks. I think I'll wait for the US release to get Adachi then.

hao chi

Well, I'm excited. Anyone know when the JP PSN usually updates?

I don't know for sure when it normally updates, but I remember Under Night in-Birth being up to download at about 8 - 10 PM CST, which is 10 AM - 12 PM in Japan. So I'm expecting we'll be able to play Ultimax in the evening on the 27th.

Meia

Also, on the topic of the import version. This comes out in Japan next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuc7e5Je-VM

BujpTeHIIAAX9Uf.jpg

BujpTIbIAAEPLST.jpg

There also was a tweet recently I believe saying something about info about the stick releasing overseas coming soon. :)

I'd love to get it, but I have to wonder if it's PS4/PS3 only or if it would work on the PC too. Current stick is PS3/PC, so I'd love for it to be the case.

For the game, cmon english.................. :D

Uraizen

Banned
yu is no fun to play because he has all the tools and kills you in 2 hits. They made him from a vortex character into a 1hit into mixup into death.

Let's see what happens to him when they add the console characters to the arcade version. The usual ArcSys routine and what not.

FluxWaveZ

I don't know for sure when it normally updates, but I remember Under Night in-Birth being up to download at about 8 - 10 PM CST, which is 10 AM - 12 PM in Japan. So I'm expecting we'll be able to play Ultimax in the evening on the 27th.

The email I received for my PSN pre-order said it would be up on August 28 at 12:00 PM JST, so August 27 at 11:00 PM EDT.

Fantastic job, looking forward to giving the game another shot. Can't help but want to try the P3 characters. I'm probably gonna be put off by it again, like every ASW games I've tried. Never the less, I'll happily try this again.

Top Bottom