• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

How many people can I have gameshare on an account? Is it 5? Because I'd be willing to gameshare with a couple of people as long as I get something in return.

FluxWaveZ

How good is the P4A recap? As in, would it suffice on its own if you haven't played P4A?

We have very little information on that. All we know is that it's a P4A recap and has currently only been announced for the PNP, presumably with a stand-alone release eventually. I would assume it would give you all the information you would need to know going into P4AU, as the story didn't really have too many important points to hit.

How many people can I have gameshare on an account? Is it 5? Because I'd be willing to gameshare with a couple of people as long as I get something in return.

The fuck you doin' son?!

We have very little information on that. All we know is that it's a P4A recap and has currently only been announced for the PNP, presumably with a stand-alone release eventually. I would assume it would give you all the information you would need to know going into P4AU, as the story didn't really have too many important points to hit.

Hell I can hit them right now;
Labrys is Sadbrys
P3 crew are the Power Rangers now
P4 crew are basically Japanese Scooby-Doo
Some dude with yellow eyes is in it?
And parlor tricks can get stuffed

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
That shadow cover is pure sex. Great news about the DLC too, I was so pissed when I sold my copy, then bought the digital version and my save wouldn't work.

For those of your who played a good share of P4A, are there any characters like Mitsuru and Aigis who absolutely dominated in online play? As a Chie main, I might consider switching if it gonna be as frustrated as least time.

FluxWaveZ

For those of your who played a good share of P4A, are there any characters like Mitsuru and Aigis who absolutely dominated in online play? As a Chie main, I might consider switching if it gonna be as frustrated as least time.

Not dominant in online play particularly, at this point. At the beginning, there were a ton of Akihikos and Yus. Then it evolved to there being a lot of Yus and Mitsurus, with a fair amount of Chies as well. Chie was considered one of the top and most annoying characters to fight in P4A, alongside Yu, Mitsuru and (a good) Aigis.

most annoying characters to play against in p4a online were

Yu, Chie, Kanji

Kanji doing yolo shit which made the game unfun
Chie doing the silly vortex

but fucking yu.

Not only could you play him scrubby and it was not fun to play against, if you played him right he was still unfun. "o let me knock you down into a multilayered vortex". Scrubby Yu just abused DP, slide, raging lion and it was just not fun.

PK Gaming

That shadow cover is pure sex. Great news about the DLC too, I was so pissed when I sold my copy, then bought the digital version and my save wouldn't work.

P4A has already been covered, but if you're talking about P4AU, I wouldn't know. Virtually all of the P4AU matches I've seen were strictly high level play.

On the one hand, Yu and Chie lost their braindead oki game which is a huge plus. There are way more characters, which means less people using the same strong characters. That said, newcomers like Minazuki are really easy to dominant with, and Mitsuru and (good) Aigis will probably still give you trouble. I'd imagine that a good Shadow Chie/Mitsuru player will also be a pain too, due to their obscenely powerful Shadow Burst combos.

I dunno. I like to subscribe to the "out with the old (bullshit) and in with the new (bullshit)" mantra.

Yeah I just realized I gameshared Uniel on the same account, so that won't work. Oh well. Does anyone know the prices for the jpn Adachi DLC for those getting the digital version?

FluxWaveZ

Yeah I just realized I gameshared Uniel on the same account, so that won't work. Oh well. Does anyone know the prices for the jpn Adachi DLC for those getting the digital version?

We don't know any of that information yet, unfortunately.

For anyone interested, Atlus will be having a launch stream tomorrow on Niconico with special guests.

Arc System Works will be having their own stream on Wednesday with an in-house developer tournament, where Atlus will be invited as well.

for p4u2 I can already imagine yu still being stupid to fight against. He now has more options and more damage overall. He now has a command grab (why?) and a feint raging lion.

FluxWaveZ

for p4u2 I can already imagine yu still being stupid to fight against. He now has more options and more damage overall. He now has a command grab (why?) and a feint raging lion.

The very fact that he doesn't have obnoxious Izanagi oki anymore (and that neither does Chie) makes it all good, for me.

PK Gaming

He's infinitely easier in low-level (ie online) play due to the removal of sweep>5D oki.

Good Yu's will be a nightmare to face though.

Pics_nao

What's the general gameplan for Minazuki? Mash A then go into shenanigans when it hits? Seems like that's all I've seen in all the videos I've watched <_<

PK Gaming

What's the general gameplan for Minazuki? Mash A then go into shenanigans when it hits? Seems like that's all I've seen in all the videos I've watched <_<

Guynam said:
P.Sho has better damage and his persona normals are decent, along with a +3 or 4 teleport slash along with all of his other good normals. Sho has the teleport mixups, better use of 25 meter with ex helm breaker and ex grand viper. They both have pros and cons.

The difference is that P.Sho is a bully while Sho is a shithead. P.Sho bullies people with his normals and jump cancelable B normals, and the threat of grab and command grab to get them to make a wrong defensive move. Coupled with fullscreen persona harrasment, chasing knife, and his fantastic normals in neutral, he excels at harassing people and getting hits. When he does hit you, especially with meter, it hurts. There's nothing "gimmicky" about him.

Sho's damage is slightly lower, and he has a harder time using super midscreen. Most of his meter goes towards his ex moves. Teleport left rights don't lead into crazy damage but they lead into some decent damage. He lacks full screen stuff, but he can make his way in and do a less damage using better mixup.

Feel free to check out the Minazuki forum on dustloop for more information.

My problem for the 1st one was story mode was rehashed between most of the company cast with really long cutscenes and 1 round fights hopefully this time story mode is better. Any news on what to expect? May import this as I dont think a uk version has a release date

Nyoro SF

My problem for the 1st one was story mode was rehashed between most of the company cast with really long cutscenes and 1 round fights hopefully this time story mode is better. Any news on what to expect? May import this as I dont think a uk version has a release date

Read above. Story has been streamlined.

As an xbox user, i have no idea about anything when it comes to the ps3. Can someone tell me about this game-sharing feature? As much detail as possible, if you dont mind.

Tizoc

As an xbox user, i have no idea about anything when it comes to the ps3. Can someone tell me about this game-sharing feature? As much detail as possible, if you dont mind.

You can have various accounts on one PS3. I have, for example, 1 EU, 1 US and 1 JPN PSN account.
I can share that account with 1 other person, and they get access to most of the games in my library to play on their PS3.

Astarte

You can have various accounts on one PS3. I have, for example, 1 EU, 1 US and 1 JPN PSN account.
I can share that account with 1 other person, and they get access to most of the games in my library to play on their PS3.

Well, there's the whole thing with phantoms too which lets you share the game(s) with up to three other people.

So If i buy Ultimax on a new account, could I give that account to my brother and have him dl it for free on his system?

Also, Is the content locked to the console that it was purchased on, as well as the psn account used to buy it?

Finally, if the content is strictly linked to the account, wouldn't me and my brother both have to be signed into that same account to access the game whenever we would like to play it?

I don't see why he can't just get a new account to share P4U2 on then.
You're right, he can.

So If i buy Ultimax on a new account, could I give that account to my brother and have him dl it for free on his system?

Also, Is the content locked to the console that it was purchased on, as well as the psn account used to buy it?

Finally, if the content is strictly linked to the account, wouldn't me and my brother both have to be signed into that same account to access the game whenever we would like to play it?
You get a 2 system licence. That means, two PS3's can use the content unrestricted, even if you're not signed on. However, I think the profile that purchased the content has to remain on the PS3. If you delete the profile, you lose the license for that PS3. (Don't quote me on that part)

Tizoc

Yes they should be able to.

Sharing youra ccount should allow them to access Plus games and any DLC.
However, no 2 people can be logged into the same account at the same time, so if you want to play online against your brother,let them sign in to another account on their PS3 and play against you that way.

PK Gaming

... WHY?!

I needed to put more emphasis on the "why."

It's slow (30 frame startup!) and can easily stuffed by aerials/faster moves. On the upside, since it visually looks similar to Yu's dash cancel, it can bait the opponent into attacking (or jumping away). The SB version is pretty effective due to its faster startup, which can throw people off.

You should be more worried about his new Raging Lion B (Which in addition to causing slide, can be feinted) and his new Super (which increases his overall damage, has massive range, projectile immunity when skill boosted...). Oh, and if he combos you in the corner, you're pretty much dead.

Uraizen

Banned
It's slow (30 frame startup!) and can easily stuffed by aerials/faster moves. On the upside, since it visually looks similar to Yu's dash cancel, it can bait the opponent into attacking (or jumping away). The SB version is pretty effective due to its faster startup, which can throw people off.

You should be more worried about his new Raging Lion B (Which in addition to causing slide, can be feinted) and his new Super (which increases his overall damage, has massive range, projectile immunity when skill boosted...). Oh, and if he combos you in the corner, you're pretty much dead.

Oh, I'm aware, I just don't know why they thought he needed a command grab in addition to all of that.

Change of plans. Looks like I'll be able to import the game after all! :) The opening is sick. I love the music and animation. See some of you guys soon!!!!

Anne

Hey psssstttttttt if you guys have any questions or things you wanna see in video form let me know and I'll do my best to get some stuff done. Tutorials are far from over.

hao chi

Oh, I'm aware, I just don't know why they thought he needed a command grab in addition to all of that.

I thought it was pretty obvious that with 5D~D oki pretty much removed he needed everything else buffed as well as a few new abilities. Gotta maintain that S tier status somehow.

PK Gaming

Everyone got new options in Ultimax, so there was no way he was getting left out. That said, some of his new additions (like his new super Issen Shiden) were absolutely unnecessary.

And why he got this thing. I suppose both Narukami and Aigis got those weird supers because of their Wild Card/hero status.

Yu's hidden super is actually useful

B)

Top Bottom