• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Nyoro SF

That has seemed pretty apparent since gameplay vids of her started popping up on the internet. :p

Though if you find her fun to use, you should stick with her.

Well visually her plan and combos seemed fairly straightforward, but looks are deceiving! I'll judge how it goes in training mode once I get the game.

That has seemed pretty apparent since gameplay vids of her started popping up on the internet. :p

Though if you find her fun to use, you should stick with her.

Yeah this actually got me more hype; I prefer more technical/ hard to use characters as I find it more fun. So I'm glad Yukari and Junpei are on the difficult side.

the chris

You're waifu a shit tier.

j6xyeHQ.gif

Jeels

So, is the story mode really annoying again where you have to play through each characters story to get the entire timeline/plot, but 90% of it os shared between the characters? My purchasing decision hinges on this since I dont really play fighters competitively and am only a fan of the Persona series.

hao chi

Well visually her plan and combos seemed fairly straightforward, but looks are deceiving! I'll judge how it goes in training mode once I get the game.

She just seemed hard to use because even against pretty mediocre players, for the longest time I swear I never saw a Yukari win. And while she's a zoner, seems like she needs to get up close pretty often to actually be effective, as well as be unpredictable with her arrows if she ever wants to get hits with them.

It's starting... :D

Neoxon

Thank you based Tyrone! Hearing that Yukari is hard to use worries me since I want to play her the most out of all the new characters.
You realize that Tyrone is also a unit of measurement for how many black guys there are, right? Or is that the guy's name?

hao chi

So, is the story mode really annoying again where you have to play through each characters story to get the entire timeline/plot, but 90% of it os shared between the characters? My purchasing decision hinges on this since I dont really play fighters competitively and am only a fan of the Persona series.

No, the story mode is structured like Blazblue: Chronophantasma. There's a P3 and P4 story mode, a P4A story recap (edit: apparently also DLC), and a story for Adachi if you have his DLC.

RoeBear

Shadow Labrys placing is false. Again, just like the first game, people underestimate her.

Anyone on the left has the potential. Some people think Carl is higher than Koko in BB right now, but because of the character difficulty not a lot of people play him. Most hard to play characters will be bumped down for individual tier lists. That doesn't mean that they'll lose 7/10 matches, it's more likely that the person making the tier list doesn't have a great grasp on all the things they can do.

zoobzone

Sony rejected my credit card for the preorder for some reason, even though they did accept it earlier when I bought Tomb Raider Definitive Edition with it.

Thanks to the DDoS I didn't have time to enter my PSN ticket to preorder the game before they pulled it off PSN. Now I don't get preload on the game.

/rant

Only 3 more days before I get my P4U2 stick and the game... can't wait!

FluxWaveZ

Anyone on the left has the potential. Some people think Carl is higher than Koko in BB right now, but because of the character difficulty not a lot of people play him. Most hard to play characters will be bumped down for individual tier lists. That doesn't mean that they'll lose 7/10 matches, it's more likely that the person making the tier list doesn't have a great grasp on all the things they can do.

Sure, guess I could see it like that. I don't like tier lists pre-console launch, anyways; we'll see how it actually shakes out over time.

There will be an awesome Shadow version of the box art:

Bv4ED2hCIAAPyta.png

There's a new interview that discusses some stuff about the release. I can't understand Japanese, but Google translate tells me that it mentions something about P4A to P4AU DLC transferability and that there's a mention of dual language (or a lack thereof). It mentions something being region free, too.

Edit: According to Japanese speakers, it says that the Japanese version is region free.

I need to know about Elizabeths quest.

Also apparently when someone asked if Makoto will be playable they replied "no playable doors"......lol

FluxWaveZ

Also apparently when someone asked if Makoto will be playable they replied "no playable doors"......lol

Yeah, Atlus USA is funny about that. Yu Namba talking about it here, and they said "no playable doors" in a Twitch chat during the Golden Arena Mode stream last week.

So the details in that article:

- The game will be region free.
- There will be no dual text, but dual audio because the game is region free.
- P4A DLC can be transferred over to P4U2.

FluxWaveZ

The US version will have 2 dlc characters for free during the first week right ? Same for JP version ?

No. Marie will not be available upon launch for the Japanese version of the game, and Adachi will only be available for the physical release with first-print copies and the PNP.

TheChaos0

Sure, guess I could see it like that. I don't like tier lists pre-console launch, anyways; we'll see how it actually shakes out over time.

There will be an awesome Shadow version of the box art:

Bv4ED2hCIAAPyta.png

There's a new interview that discusses some stuff about the release. I can't understand Japanese, but Google translate tells me that it mentions something about P4A to P4AU DLC transferability and that there's a mention of dual language (or a lack thereof). It mentions something being region free, too.

Edit: According to Japanese speakers, it says that the Japanese version is region free.

Now that's an awesome cover. Highlights are Teddy, Rise and Junpei. Elizabeth doesn't even need to try hard...

PK Gaming

Shadow Labrys placing is false. Again, just like the first game, people underestimate her.

It's a tier list by one guy, not some ultimate truth.

In any case, the tiers aren't set in stone, though many people consider this particular tier list to be very accurate.

FluxWaveZ

It's a tier list by one guy, not some ultimate truth.

In any case, the tiers aren't set in stone, though many people consider this particular tier list to be very accurate.

Obviously. I'm giving my opinion on said tier list by one guy. It'd be ridiculous to imply that any tier list, especially one so early on, was some sort of law.

Seems that people are starting to get their copies:

muteki

Yeah, Atlus USA is funny about that. Yu Namba talking about it here, and they said "no playable doors" in a Twitch chat during the Golden Arena Mode stream last week.

So the details in that article:

- The game will be region free.
- There will be no dual text, but dual audio because the game is region free.
- P4A DLC can be transferred over to P4U2.
Unfortunate about the text, I guess I'll hold off until the NA launch then. DLC situation is better anyway. Great that there is dual-audio though.

Anne

Cross post from FGW <3

Okay, so parts 4 out of 5 of Omex's P4U2 primer are done, the only thing remaining is the Shadow mode video. If you are interested in playing P4U2 Thursday, these are all things you should probably know so check it out. I'll post here, but I actually don't know which Persona thread to stick it in, there's like 94 of them or something.

Intro Tutorial: The Basic stuff

MARIN KARIN: Status Effects

Advanced Mechanics Part One

Advanced Mechanics Part Two (that intro though)

Playlist

Sorry to keep plugging our stuff but there is your one stop for P4U/2 informative videos.

Seriously, check it out ^_^

Jeels

No, the story mode is structured like Blazblue: Chronophantasma. There's a P3 and P4 story mode, a P4A story recap (edit: apparently also DLC), and a story for Adachi if you have his DLC.

Okay so three playthroughs with limited repetition?

Does that mean you are playing with multiple characters in a single story or is the dtory adaptable to where you can select from a range of characters for a story.

This game is lovely. Was super stoked when I played it back in May.

Wish I could make a PS3 appear in my apartment out of thin air so I can barrel roll the story modes, though. Adachi has his own separate one, though? He's breakin' out~!

FluxWaveZ

How close are the tiers in this game? Is it fairly balanced or are the tiers gaping chasms?

Closer than P4A, which was already pretty close with a handful of huge outliers. This time, pretty much everyone has a chance except for Junpei, Labrys and Elizabeth (and even in that case, it's just that they need to put a lot more effort in, apparently).

Shadows and console only characters are still unknown. Yu, Yosuke, Minazuki and Shadow Labrys(?), on the other hand, are at the top, and MUs against them apparently tend to be tough. It's pretty balanced, though, with people who like to say that everyone has their own "ridiculous" stuff that makes them powerful.

Pics_nao

Isn't there a digital preorder up on the japanese psn store? Might end up doing this since a friend wants to split the cost

PK Gaming

How close are the tiers in this game? Is it fairly balanced or are the tiers gaping chasms?

The top tier characters are ruthlessly strong, but the upper and mid tiers can still hang with them. Liz, Labrys and Junpei are undoubtedly worse than the the rest, but they've shown to be at least tournament viable. That said, their matchup issues with the top tiers coupled other fundamental flaws will make it difficult for them to succeed. Like, Junpei is pretty beast in victory cry, but it takes a few hits for him to do what guys like Yosuke and Yu can pretty much do at base.

So overall, i'd say the tiers are a bit closer than P4A, but the game is still a bit top heavy. You can pretty much win with anyone, but the top tiers have it much easier, while the bottom tiers have it much harder.

BigBass

Neo Member
I'm going to need to get a US PSN account to get the DLC aren't I? I'm importing the US version of the game into the UK.

Just hope I don't get spoilered by the moonrune-fluent.

Dugna

I'm going to need to get a US PSN account to get the DLC aren't I? I'm importing the US version of the game into the UK.

Just hope I don't get spoilered by the moonrune-fluent.

For the free Atlus USA DLC yes you will, though wasn't SEGA I think publishing P4U2 in EU? They could run the same deal of the character DLC being free.

Top Bottom