• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I'm going to be jealous of you guys as your games start trickling in. I have the Solid Gold Premium coming from Amazon, and I'm using standard shipping (3-5 days) and I'm not willing to shell out the extra dough for 2 day shipping. But that's ok. Not like I haven't played P4 before. And when's all been said and done, I'll be in the elite solid gold club.

Can't wait, man. P4 is soooo good.

Ken

Is there anyone on GAF with a Mysterious Fox avatar already? I want to use one but I don't want to be "that guy" who uses an avatar already in use.

Tiu Neo

I'm so jealous you guys will get to play this next week :(

I was so tempted to double dip and get the digital version while I wait for my physical copy (If I'm lucky, in two weeks, but it normally take one or two months, because of customs)... but that would get too expensive to me :( Also was tempted to get only the digital copy, but this is a game I really want a physical copy, even if I don't get the skin.

Ken

I was so tempted to double dip and get the digital version while I wait for my physical copy (If I'm lucky, in two weeks, but it normally take one or two months, because of customs)... but that would get too expensive to me :( Also was tempted to get only the digital copy, but this is a game I really want a physical copy, even if I don't get the skin.

You should just get it digitally while waiting for your physical copy.

That's what I'm doing.

Because.

I'm a terrible person.

Where are you ordering from?

Is there anyone on GAF with a Mysterious Fox avatar already? I want to use one but I don't want to be "that guy" who uses an avatar already in use.
I think someone used to, but I can't remember the last time I saw it so they probably changed it. Just do it, bro. Rep dat useless bastard.

Dantis

I imported Gravity Daze and then bought it again in English and never played it.

Same with RO. :D

When I saw that post, I thought "Shit, what are the chances that some guy would post with a fox avatar now?".

Then I realised it was you.

End of story.

Amazing, right?

Tiu Neo

You should just get it digitally while waiting for your physical copy.

That's what I'm doing.

Because.

I'm a terrible person.

Yeah, I tought seriously about that, but between this, Little King's Story and PS+ games, I would have to get another Memory Card.

Maybe I'll get it digital, buy a new memory card, and then buy it when it gets to the stores here, in a few months. Their prices are cheaper than importing and paying taxes, but for niche games it normally takes a lot of time and they get few copies. Also, it would be VERY expensive.

Better yet, I think I'll just forget this game exists for now, it's for my own good. :(

I did something similar with Xenoblade. Imported the EU copy, bought the US copy when it was released, and almost bought the Brazillian copy when I realized Nintendo of Brazil launched it here, just to suport them. Played only the European game.

I ordered my import last week through Video Games Plus, first time ordering from them. Anyone have an ETA on delivery time to Ireland? I presume it would be similar to delivering to the UK, so if anyone has an ETA for that, it would be nice.

Think it's realistic to get it the week after it ships, i.e. the week of November 19th?

Dantis

Really? I thought it was only English VO? This makes me more excited! Still gotta get a psvita.

You're misunderstanding. The voice options are English or none, and he's saying he's going to have none.

I ordered my import last week through Video Games Plus, first time ordering from them. Anyone have an ETA on delivery time to Ireland? I presume it would be similar to delivering to the UK, so if anyone has an ETA for that, it would be nice.

Think it's realistic to get it the week after it ships, i.e. the week of November 19th?

VLR took four days to get to me, and I live in the East Midlands in the UK, so hopefully we'll see a similar time-frame for this.

Jucksalbe

Banned
How did I miss this OT? Thanks for the shoutout.
I'm really looking forward to finally finish this game. Played the PS2 version for about 30 hours but got somehow distracted and never really resumed.

It's possible, but I wouldn't expect it. VLR came pretty fast for me.

Dantis

How did I miss this OT? Thanks for the shoutout.
I'm really looking forward to finally finish this game. Played the PS2 version for about 30 hours but got somehow distracted and never really resumed.

You missed the best part. :O

The true ending is one of the greatest moments in gaming ever.

Ordered it from Play-Asia. I think it's going to take a while (ie 1 to 3 weeks) but at least it is sign for delivery...
You missed the best part. :O

The true ending is one of the greatest moments in gaming ever.
The final boss is just epic. The build-up, the music, the dialogue, what happens...

Plus yeah
it's a freaking happy ending
. Talk about a change after P3

Man I'm so ready for this game! I finished P3P about a week ago and am currently making my way through P2 IS. Which is also a great game critics be damned. I'm not sure that I could be anymore hyped for this game! Come on Tuesday where you at?

Jucksalbe

Banned
What? I thought you had finished it.

I have a very bad record with SMT games. My thread is also some kind of therapy session for myself, at least I already finished two games there.
And I'm even worse with late PS2 games. Also didn't finish Sakura Wars V, Ar Tonelico 2 and Mana Khemia 2.
I guess everytime I thought about resuming my playthrough on P4, the prospect of another 100+h game (after P3) let me choose a different game.

Comet

So what are people deciding to get, physical or digital? This will be my first Persona game so I'm leaning towards digital. Especially since the amount of content seems massive so its something I would probably want on my Vita at all times. I also don't have a level of fanaticism with this series like I do with others, so there's less of a reason for me to go physical for collector's purposes. I'm excited!

RPGs and longer games I'm cool with having a game card to deal with. I'm not going to be playing anything else for weeks at a time. It's games like Hot Shots Golf, WipEout etc. that I prefer digital.

So what are people deciding to get, physical or digital? This will be my first Persona game so I'm leaning towards digital. Especially since the amount of content seems massive so its something I would probably want on my Vita at all times. I also don't have a level of fanaticism with this series like I do with others, so there's less of a reason for me to go physical for collector's purposes. I'm excited!

Digital so I can have Persona 1, 2 Innocent Sin, and 3 on there...come on Atlus, bring Eternal Punishment to here!

cjkeats

Physical for Solid Gold, and one other physical retail. If it gets delayed shipping to Canada I'll get it digital on Wednesday morning because the psn store don't update until 2 or 3 am for me.

Basically I'll do whatever I have to in order to play it ASAP.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Finally watching the anime in english.

Outside of the new chie/teddy voices it's pretty awesome even though I usually don't care for anime at all.

P90

Going to have to become a Yukiko convert after listening to that new Chie voice. Just heard the battle assist clip for the first time :<

After hearing the side by side comparison of Rooney Chie vs. Fitzgerald Chie, I went to Yukiko.

In P4 dungeons I only brought Yukiko and Chie. It upped the difficulty slightly. For boss battles I used Yosuke as an assist character. This time around I will need to find a replacement for Chie. I wonder how quickly Marie is introduced. Is she a playable character?

Physical copy for me.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Digital. I got $20 back from PSN 8)

I had physical pre ordered from amazon but since I got a 32 gig card coming and that 20$ back I am considering switching to digital since P4 is one of the very few games I wouldn't trade in when I'm done. Wish the store was updated at a consistent time and am worried with the combo of Ps+ stuff the servers might be completely boned that day since PSN speed have always been obnoxiously slow for me.

Rootbeer

Banned
Always physical unless I have no option. The only physical release I've bought digitally was Zero Escape but I sort of had to in order to top $100 in Oct. I already owned everything else I wanted to spend money on.

Oh yeah, that too!

I'm just going to skip stuff like the True Story scene and the bath house scenes.

It'll still be nice to see things like the epilogue in English.

What, you don't want that scene potentially sung in English or don't you want to see these characters you grew to enjoy naked for no reason?

Dantis

What, you don't want that scene potentially sung in English or don't you want to see these characters you grew to enjoy naked for no reason?

Either.

I was about to say something nasty about them then, but then I remembered that I said I wouldn't complain.

So... Yes.. I will not be watching either.

Top Bottom