• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Fox1304

I'm at
Rise's dongeon end boss
Is the game supposed to have picked up by now ?
I feel like there's no main story yet, nothing really engaging.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm at
Rise's dongeon end boss
Is the game supposed to have picked up by now ?
I feel like there's no main story yet, nothing really engaging.
The bulk of the store is a person gets thrown into the TV and you have to save them. It's only near the end does it actually come to a head because of who is thrown into the TV.

Fox1304

The bulk of the store is a person gets thrown into the TV and you have to save them. It's only near the end does it actually come to a head because of who is thrown into the TV.

Pretty underwhelming ...
I like the game, but this repetitive pattern is starting to get a bit tiring.

After getting platinum mad at devil survivor over clocked near end of day 6, I decided to return back to this and start over since I forgot everything I did and said, and there are much better walkthroughs out now. The anime cutscene at the start was well done and looked gorgeous.

omgkitty

So I'm trying to max out my social links in one go, and of course the best way to do this is to beat each of the dungeons in one day, which quite frankly is kind of crazy. Anyone have any tips for this? My main issue is running out of SP and having to pay an exorbitant amount of money to the fox to have this replenished. Spending all this money on the fox doesn't leave me with much money to buy new weapons and things like that, leaving me with weaker weapons, causing me to use more attacks that need SP :X

Are all of your Social Stats maxed? If not, you might as well stop now because several of the later S. Links are locked behind max Courage and Knowledge barriers.

If they are maxed, then prioritize doing the Fox's favors. The higher your S. Link with the Fox, the cheaper it costs to heal in dungeons. At Rank 10 it's basically chump change.

Mazre

So I'm trying to max out my social links in one go, and of course the best way to do this is to beat each of the dungeons in one day, which quite frankly is kind of crazy. Anyone have any tips for this? My main issue is running out of SP and having to pay an exorbitant amount of money to the fox to have this replenished. Spending all this money on the fox doesn't leave me with much money to buy new weapons and things like that, leaving me with weaker weapons, causing me to use more attacks that need SP :X

Go to an area with weaker enemies and farm for cup cards during shuffle time, also you can dive between randomized floors in earlier areas to generate chests for chances at restorative items/extra gear that can be sold for money etc. Later in the game you can abuse Rise's skills, and have access to skills like Cool Breeze.

Fox1304

Is there a way to get an overpowered Persona through Fusion ?
I think I've seen people talking about Persona in the 80-s level range with a 30-s player level.
Or is this done only through the Shuffle Time ? With the 'Persona lvl up' card ?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there a way to get an overpowered Persona through Fusion ?
I think I've seen people talking about Persona in the 80-s level range with a 30-s player level.
Or is this done only through the Shuffle Time ? With the 'Persona lvl up' card ?
The process is a bit complicated, so I'll let someone else explain it, but the idea is that you can get a Kaiwan with Victory Cry, which basically lets you break the game really early.

Here's a random thread about it on gamefaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden/65173121

Fox1304

The process is a bit complicated, so I'll let someone else explain it, but the idea is that you can get a Kaiwan with Victory Cry, which basically lets you break the game really early.

Here's a random thread about it on gamefaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden/65173121

Ok, that would effectively be an overpowered skill :D
But was I dreaming or reading wrong for the Persona LVL ?
I thought that you could only get a Persona with a level identical to yours ( + eventual S-Link bonus )

Tamanon

Banned
Ok, that would effectively be an overpowered skill :D
But was I dreaming or reading wrong for the Persona LVL ?
I thought that you could only get a Persona with a level identical to yours ( + eventual S-Link bonus )

equal to or less than your level. Then you add in your Social Link bonus.

You might be thinking of people playing New Game + which allows you to draw higher level Personas from your Compendium, just can't fuse 'em.

Quick question guys. I'm new to the Persona series and just started this game. I'm at the beginning and I noticed that as the game goes on, days go by. I just got past the first shadow boss(
My second character got his persona
). When this game opens up, will I be timed getting through the game? Also, I hear the last boss is on a certain day? This worries me because I like to take my time in games.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes, there is always a deadline to beat the boss (at which point you "lose" the game) for any given section/"chapter" of the game.

Part of the challenge is to manage your time wisely. Generally, you want to spend only one day per chapter in the dungeon, but that might be hard for a first-timer.

You can also use guides on GameFAQs to plan out your schedule, but of course, that's up to how you want to play the game. If you want to see everything the game has to offer in terms of its story/characters and don't intend on replaying the game, I would suggest following a guide. Otherwise, you can't really go too wrong as long as you pay attention to when certain characters are available.

Yes, there is always a deadline to beat the boss (at which point you "lose" the game) for any given section/"chapter" of the game.

Part of the challenge is to manage your time wisely. Generally, you want to spend only one day per chapter in the dungeon, but that might be hard for a first-timer.

You can also use guides on GameFAQs to plan out your schedule, but of course, that's up to how you want to play the game. If you want to see everything the game has to offer in terms of its story/characters and don't intend on replaying the game, I would suggest following a guide. Otherwise, you can't really go too wrong as long as you pay attention to when certain characters are available.

Ok....I'm looking at the IGN guide. So days are actually timed by the clock or by your actions?

Tenck

Bought a bundle off craigslist that happened to have P4G with it. Loving it so much thus far. I can only imagine it gets a lot better from here on out. I've only put 5 hours into it, but I'm not too far in. About to save
Yukiko

Gunpriest

Neo Member
P4G has me completely hooked. I'm in december with about 85h playtime on normal difficulty and it's still far from boring. I usually get the "it's about time this ends"-feeling with most JRPGs at the 50-60h mark, but here i am already planning a New Game Plus run with max S.Link.

The characters are so well designed and the various school events so very entertaining
(i laughed so much when the guys got signed up for the cross dressing for vengeance)

I did only grind a bit in the first 2 dungeons, but because of some quests, i had to visit most dungeons more than twice. Are the fetch quests date or event related?

Now my main party (Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko) is around level 80 and there is not really a difficulty anymore. I don't mind it at all though. It's nice to kick some ass and keep the dungeon visits short, but maybe i will play my NG+ at very hard.

Anyway, i am enjoying P4G very much. It is a mustplay for every Vita owner, unless you absolutely despise JRPGs. It's definitely one of the best JRPGs.

Gunpriest

Neo Member
Wow, finished the game in 56h without especially rushing.
What did I do ? lol

That would interest me too :)

I am in the final story dungeon now. I will probably end up with a bit over 90h playtime. I will not get the book trophy, since i missed 2 books from the basketball path, and i will not be able max all S.Links. I didn't know i could get Saki's brother as a S.Link and i totally forgot the tutor job. And with the optional dungeons, soccer and music club and the true ending, i will have plenty to do in my NG+.

I'll spend a good deal of my 3 weeks summer vacation in Inaba and i will not regret a single moment!

Iskander

Neo Member
I wrapped it up in 115h here. Guess I took my time...I almost never ran from battle, though (except at the end) and cleared pretty much every level of each dungeon. Still skipped a couple of the optional bosses, though.

Gunpriest

Neo Member
Finished last night with about 100h playtime. I even got the True Ending. I didn't expect this, which caused a bit of a problem. I cleared my inventory after the culprit's dungeon in preparation of my NG+, which bumped me from 200k to 1.2 mil yen, which i used to buy all costumes.

So i had only the items i found in the last dungeon, which wasn't really much, because i ran past most shadows. But i had the final persona form of Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko and Rise and my team was around level 85. That helped a lot. It was a close one, but i managed to beat the boss.

I didn't really finish much else. No book trophy, no max S.Links, not all quests finished, only the main characters stats are maxed, but that was to be expected.

P4G is truly an amazing game. I laughed a lot and generally enjoyed everything the game had to offer.

got back to playing this a bit last night after feeling a bit sad that there was so much dust on my vita.

was kanji always this good in ps2? don't remember him so... gahhh i really do hate games where you can't have every party member with you at all times.

Fox1304

That would interest me too :)

Did you unlock the two extra dungeons?

Did nothing special, went with the flow of the game with little to no grinding ( didn't need it at all ).
Maxed about 6/7 S-Links, left a few untouched, and had something like 3/4 lvl 6/7 S-Links.
Had all my stats at max ( Courage, Understanding etc ... ).
Didn't do a lot of side quests.

Had what I think is the true ending, massive spoilers ahead :
Found that Adachi was the real killer, and went to a final dungeon to kick an ancient entity's ass, unleashing Izanagi at the end. The game ended with the MC leaving by train all his friends behind.

I'm sure I've missed a few things left and right, but overall felt like I've made a good chunk of the game ( I think ? :D )

Posted in another thread, but I thought it would be more appropriate here.

Can someone help understand this. I'm new to this series.

I'm fighting somone's other self in the dungeon (the castle) early in the game (3 hours in)

When I analyse the enemy it says it's weak to electricity for eg. I then you an electricity skill attack and it comes up as ' resist' when I hit them. Why is that?. I thought that was their weak spot.

Also when you're analysing an enemy, it shows all 7 different elements. Under one of the elements that, say the electricity icon it has this under it — . what does that mean?

Sorry if it's hard to understand, I've checked the manual but couldn't find my specific problem.

Thoraxes

Did nothing special, went with the flow of the game with little to no grinding ( didn't need it at all ).
Maxed about 6/7 S-Links, left a few untouched, and had something like 3/4 lvl 6/7 S-Links.
Had all my stats at max ( Courage, Understanding etc ... ).
Didn't do a lot of side quests.

Had what I think is the true ending, massive spoilers ahead :
Found that Adachi was the real killer, and went to a final dungeon to kick an ancient entity's ass, unleashing Izanagi at the end. The game ended with the MC leaving by train all his friends behind.

I'm sure I've missed a few things left and right, but overall felt like I've made a good chunk of the game ( I think ? :D )

There's some bare NG+ content, especially if you're doing trophies, but yeah, that's pretty much all of it. You didn't mention if you got both dungeons though, and the one you didn't mention gives you a nice long chunk of game to go through with a couple events.

Fox1304

There's some bare NG+ content, especially if you're doing trophies, but yeah, that's pretty much all of it. You didn't mention if you got both dungeons though, and the one you didn't mention gives you a nice long chunk of game to go through with a couple events.

That's what I felt too. Won't haverhe courage to start a NG+ even if I loved the game. Don't have enough time those days to give 60h again on the same game, I'd rather tackle 3/4 other games.
I think I didn't unlock it indeed. What are the steps to unlock it ?

Mendrox

That's what I felt too. Won't haverhe courage to start a NG+ even if I loved the game. Don't have enough time those days to give 60h again on the same game, I'd rather tackle 3/4 other games.
I think I didn't unlock it indeed. What are the steps to unlock it ?

You missed about 10 hours of content lol and the true ending of the game.

You have to max out the aeon link for the first bonus dungeon and the second one is available at the end of the game when you say bye to your friends, but this is something that you would have to look at a guide for. ;-) It's absolutely worth it because you haven't seen the true ending at all and the true...boss. :)

Kumiorava

Neo Member
I'm fighting somone's other self in the dungeon (the castle) early in the game (3 hours in)

When I analyse the enemy it says it's weak to electricity for eg. I then you an electricity skill attack and it comes up as ' resist' when I hit them. Why is that?. I thought that was their weak spot.

I'm also new to the series, just started playing this a few days ago. Some enemies have skills that grant them temporary resistance to a certain element. I'm assuming you were referring to the
Shadow Chie
boss fight? That boss is weak against the wind element, but it also has a skill called Green Wall that grants wind resistance to the target. Thus the boss can make itself temporarily resistant to wind, even though it would normally be weak against wind attacks. A notification is shown when a skill grants an enemy resistance against an element, but I don't think there is any icon or anything else to indicate when such a buff is active, you just have to remember it. A notification also informs you when the buff's effect ends, though.

Also when you're analysing an enemy, it shows all 7 different elements. Under one of the elements that, say the electricity icon it has this under it — . what does that mean?

I'm pretty sure "—" just means that enemy is neither weak nor strong against that element, so attacks of that element do "normal" amount of damage to the enemy.

Fox1304

You missed about 10 hours of content lol and the true ending of the game.

You have to max out the aeon link for the first bonus dungeon and the second one is available at the end of the game when you say bye to your friends, but this is something that you would have to look at a guide for. ;-) It's absolutely worth it because you haven't seen the true ending at all and the true...boss. :)

So there's a true ending and true boss behind
Izanami
?

I know that we can fight
Margaret
, is that what you're talking about ?

Mendrox

So there's a true ending and true boss behind
Izanami
?

I know that we can fight
Margaret
, is that what you're talking about ?

Oh so you did fight the boss? Or just watched the Youtube Scenes? It's worth it to go for the true ending and even the boss in January for the scenes and the awesome music.

Sakwoff

Hello there good folks of P4Gaf!

Is there a point in going for maxing Marie's slink in the first playthrough? I recall someone saying that the epilogue kind of lessens the impact of the ending when playing the game for the first time.

I'm currently in
December, doing some final slink stuff before clearing out Adachi's dungeon and contemplating whether i should advance Marie's link to 10.

I'm definitely going to do a NG+ anyways, in order to do a 100% run and possibly see another romance option.

So what would you say?

Do it. The Epilogue will make you happy regardless of whether you've played the game or not, and you get a couple more story scenes and a bonus dungeon out of the deal.

You just need to max Aeon.

which is that?

I heard maxing marie is a must... and that other one? margret? Never bothered with her before because it requires fusing and i really do dislike fusing.

heard maxing out the cop's slink was worth doing to... but i rarely find him around.

Is there a general strategy for multiple choice dialogue options? For some reason, weither it be SMT game or persona, I just can't get a good feel at what atlus wants me to think is the 'right' choice.

Caladrius

which is that?

I heard maxing marie is a must... and that other one? margret? Never bothered with her before because it requires fusing and i really do dislike fusing.

heard maxing out the cop's slink was worth doing to... but i rarely find him around.

Is there a general strategy for multiple choice dialogue options? For some reason, weither it be SMT game or persona, I just can't get a good feel at what atlus wants me to think is the 'right' choice.

Marie is Aeon.Adachi's link can only be advanced after particular points in the story and if you don't get him to Rank 6 before the November dungeon you can't finish it.

Margaret unlocks an extra boss on New Game+ if you beat all of the optional bosses that move in after you beat the first 6 dungeons.(Has to be done before the december dungeon) On the final day you'll receive a key item from the velvet room. Go back in afterwards and you'll unlock the fight

There's no easy way to tell which choice is the best one. The only thing you really can do is use your intuition (or a guide.)

Top Bottom