• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Any Daidara metalwork weapons & accessory you've happened to have discovered are brought over into the new game as well.

On that note, be sure to obtain the recipe for Triumph before you finish the game so you can buy it and trade it for a sick-nasty lighsaber on the second floor of the Practice Building upon beginning a New Game+. Seriously; it's like the second-best sword in the game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
On that note, be sure to obtain the recipe for Triumph before you finish the game so you can buy it and trade it for a sick-nasty lighsaber on the second floor of the Practice Building upon beginning a New Game+. Seriously; it's like the second-best sword in the game.

ZBVDDkX.jpg

PK Gaming

Noooooooo

I missed this on my NG+ :(

I am not sure if Naoto's voice actress is actually really bad or its part of the character but I really like the awkwardness of a lot of her delivery as a result.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got this game. Super excited. I'm going to play through TWEWY first, and then get to it.

Velcro Fly

Finally getting into the meat of the game after slogging my way through the lull between dungeons #1 and #2. Having a hard time not trying to get everything on this run but I know for trophies that I'm going to need two playthroughs minimum to get what I want. Not worried about clearing dungeons in one go or anything. Just having a fun casual playthrough right now and I'll worry about being more serious on a NG+

robox

ugh, 93 hours on first play through. and didn't get a satisfying end. what in the hell!? what did i get myself into!?

onto new game plus....
and caught the bit about "I don't know how much you know about world history, but I'm an expert." them translators read gaf, eh?

Guys really need some help

Person 4 Golden on the VITA.

Im in the 2nd dungeon on the 5th floor - the one which shifts you back to the beginning of the floor every time you head towards the door.

i know you are supposed to turn around and head backwards towards another door like seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BFDpsm1mEw&feature=player_detailpage#t=2719s

However, in this video Teddy says "there is someone behind this door"

on my version, it says the door is locked.

I know im supposed to go through the door but for some reason mine is locked and there is literally nowhere i can go. if someone can help me out as im completely stuck here. Thanks.

Trigger

You must have the wrong door. The door to advance to the next level is locked, but the one with the mid-boss isn't. Have you checked the map to see if there are any other doors?

EDIT- Oh, already answered in the community thread.

Question: so when I go to spend time with an NPC, and it tells me that my relationship isn't ready to grow with them yet, is there any point in doing so? And if I do so, it's usually a generic cutscene. Does this still help me further my relationship with this person, or should I only spend time with people whose relationship is 'close to growing stronger'?

Squire

Banned
Question: so when I go to spend time with an NPC, and it tells me that my relationship isn't ready to grow with them yet, is there any point in doing so? And if I do so, it's usually a generic cutscene. Does this still help me further my relationship with this person, or should I only spend time with people whose relationship is 'close to growing stronger'?

Keep spending time with them. That message means the link isn't ready to rank up yet, but it grows a little every time you hang out with them.

Jintor

You're gaining hidden points that'll get you closer to 'close to growing stronger'. Don't forget to bring a complimentary person for max hidden points

Trigger

Yes, it still helps. You won't increase your social link rank with each meeting, but spending time with them contributes to the next rank event.

Curufinwe

Well done. I managed to max all the S.Links on my first playthru, but it got really tight in February because I waited too long to get started on fishing for the Guardians. I ended up up having to load an earlier save and play thru
Marie's dungeon
twice.

But that meant I only had to play till October on my second playthru to get the Platinum.

Odd request, but does anyone have the PDF guide from IGN? I would love to have it on my iphone or ipad while playing. The vita browser not having a damn find command makes using a guide for some things a chore. Any how any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Jubern

Just started this yesterday night. A friend who had two copies lent me his JP one he barely played, since he got the EU version too, for review purposes.

I played through the PS2 version twice already (JP and EU releases) so I know the game fairly well, and it was kind of strange seeing new events like the meeting with Marie at the station lol
Also, I don't think allowing you to control the MC for little bits at the gas station and coming back from the first day of school was a needed addition. I know people complained about having no control for the first few hours, but this just serves no purpose. Oh well.

It's been a while since I played the Japanese version too. I watched the anime last year, but it still felt a bit strange going back to JP voices for the game lol Overall, I think I like the JP cast better though, except for Yosuke and maaaaaybe Kanji (Troy Baker is really good, but so is Tomokazu Seki).

Is the new content hidden a bit, or is it all in-your-face "you can't miss it"?

I'm definitely looking forward to be reliving all this insanity.

SxP

I have to say I'm not really liking the
dungeon specific gameplay
of the new dungeon. I appreciate that they're trying something new, but it's extremely dull so far (I'm 5 floors in).

It's just been: Magarudyne -> All Out -> Win or Magarudyne -> Magarudyne -> Vorpal Blade/Brave Blade to mop up because for some reason pretty much every shadow is weak to wind/everything else.

And the SP thing isn't a problem at all with the SP recovering equipment, Cool Breeze, Rise's passive SP recovery and her active SP recovery when she comes from the sky sometimes.

Ostinatto

about rise

rise:

hey, senpai. if you dont't huddle in a little closer, your shoulder will get wet.

1. "i'll be fine."
2. "you don't think people will talk?"
3. "i'm sexier when i'm siaked."

best answer for this?
i can't find the reactions anywhere.

about rise

rise:

hey, senpai. if you dont't huddle in a little closer, your shoulder will get wet.

1. "i'll be fine."

best answer for this?

The one with the most swag
_3_

omg_mjd

about rise

rise:

1. "i'll be fine."

best answer for this?

I did option 3 and the game cleverly subverts expectations by making Rise respond that you're trying too hard and coming off as a lame perv and that you should watch what you say around other people lest they also get the same idea.

Well played, game. Well played.

Ostinatto

lol, thanks for the responses.

now i'm in trouble people :(

i'm fighting ENVIOUS GIANT , in the
adachi dungeon
, i can't do shit, this guy one shot me on his first turn. one MEGIDOLAON and that's it, i'm around level 55-58 on very hard difficulty. any advice on this?

Trigger

i'm fighting ENVIOUS GIANT , in the
adachi dungeon
, i can't do shit, this guy one shot me on his first turn. one MEGIDOLAON and that's it, i'm around level 55-58 on very hard difficulty. any advice on this?

You're too low level.You want to be about 70+ for that dungeon. Also, you should get tarunda/sukunda (or Debilitate) to lessen his damage output and accuracy,

Doran902

me and my roomate both got this are are playing it like crazy but i was wondering someting

what happens if i kill a boss like 3 weeks on the calendar before he does? or even a month? like i go in right away and beat a dungeon, will i have a month to get my social links and train my dudes etc etc or does it skip right to the next story beat?

loving the game to death so far, addicted to it really

Wichu

You have the month to build your social links - so go ahead & clear the dungeon as soon as you want!

I think the last dungeon in the main story is different, though (month of
December
, I think) - AFAIK it fast-forwards you if you beat it early.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think the last dungeon in the main story is different, though (month of
December
, I think) - AFAIK it fast-forwards you if you beat it early.
Yeah, it does. It goes to February, so you want to finish that one on December... 23rd, I believe, in order to get the Christmas date event.

Or it might be December 22nd. You may want to check a guide.

Top Bottom