• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmickfran

As someone who will love the dub, has the english cast been revealed yet?
The only one we know is that Morgana is voiced by Cassandra Lee.

Other notable roles of hers are Lin from Xenoblade Chronicles X and Edea Lee(lol) from Bravely Default.

She has a nice voice.

Lynx_7

Yeah, I wouldn't trust any "impressions" right now unless you know it's from someone who actually played/is playing the game. Even then, it'll probably take a few months for people to properly digest the game and we can get a proper feeling on how it compares to previous entries.

Man, the atmosphere, it's just perfect.
I could hang all night in the cafe doing nothing but listen the music.

Might just be the best JRPG I've ever played :p

Everything seems to be so right. I can feel the love they put in this.
Stop doing this to me. If the bar sequences in Catherine already felt so good to me then P5 will absolutely destroy me. D:

P Team is pretty damn good on making me engrossed in their games, that was a huge part of P3 and specially P4 to me, moreso than the main plot itself. I think they might be better at stablishing good atmosphere than the current Maniax team, at least going by SMT IV vs Catherine. Or maybe it's due to their budget.

Lunar15

It's really fucking good, lol

If you've done any battles outside of the prologue yet, I have two small questions:

Would you say that demon negotiation slows down the pace of battles significantly from P3/4? Also, does the fact that the music switches during negotiation get annoying?

Zolo

It's really fucking good, lol

Persona 5 is counting on your vote for #1 anticipated GAF game of 2017! Even if you've already played it.

Edit: On second thought, I'm not using spoiler tags for regular sentences with spoilers out everywhere.

Lynx_7

Persona 5 is counting on your vote for #1 anticipated GAF game of 2017! Even if you've already played it.

Edit: On second thought, I'm not using spoiler tags for regular sentences with spoilers out everywhere.

Shooting for that #1 spot after years of climbing the ranks.
Though Zelda and Horizon might be too stronk next year so I'll settle for #3.

so jealous of all you who can understand japanese right now, on the brightside, by the time it comes out in February someone will have written the FAQ for full completion of all the social links!

Neoxon

so jealous of all you who can understand japanese right now, on the brightside, by the time it comes out in February someone will have written the FAQ for full completion of all the social links!
My Japanese is sub-par at best, & I don't feel like understanding only every 10th word during gameplay.

hughesta

Banned
oh my god I'm listening to the soundtrack and (probably minor spoilers, but spoilers nonetheless)
TANAKA IS BAAAAAAAACK

artsi

I really like Morgana, I thought she would be kind of doofus like Teddie but it's just the opposite.

Xypher

I guess I'll just post a couple of impressions so far, started playing the moment it got available and stopped just now, while skipping through all cutscenes etc, so I won't talk about the story or any of that at all. But I did play a lot of the first dungeon in the game.
The city feels incredibly alive, getting on trains and the subway feels really cool, but I assume that people can easily get lost due to that as well. The phone is a really cool addition which makes lots of things easier and brings some nice QoL features like
that you can go to a social link event directly from the text messages, same goes for the dungeon.
The first dungeon is a huge surprise so far, the design is incredibly cool it features a bunch of puzzles as well, and it really makes use of the climbing mechanic we've seen so far, it's not just used as a gimmick, but to actually traverse the dungeons. Overall the dungeon crawling feels way better than it used to. The demon conversations are a cool inclusion and make getting personas far more reliable than the old shuffle time did, even though I fail to see the use of it after you get each persona, as the items I got through it so far are not really too helpful ( a 20hp recovery item while my characters were over 100hp each). The guns are also a nice new addition. As well as the assisst feature in battle which helps players focus weaknesses, as you simply press a button and the game will automatically choose persona and skill to use against enemies depending on their weaknesses after you found said weaknesses.
Overall pretty blown away by it, and I can't wait til my fiancee gets home later tonight and we take our time together to go through the story.

Rutger

Banned
Someone asked if you can pause anime cutscenes to read subtitles.

Yes, you can :p

That was me. Thanks!

I was prepared to put in the extra work, but I'm really glad the game is going to be as convenient as possible for me to translate.

Now to wait for it to arrive.

Voror

So the game looked stylish from the trailers, but how stylish is it really?

Glad to hear good impressions. Can't wait to finally play it...in February. But at least it looks like it will be well worth the wait.

Nephix

That was me. Thanks!

I was prepared to put in the extra work, but I'm really glad the game is going to be as convenient as possible for me to translate.

You can also press square during non-anime cutscenes and get a log window where all the dialogue is displayed.
Also, pressing circle on any text while in there replays the audio so you can look up the word easier. :)

artsi

So the game looked stylish from the trailers, but how stylish is it really?

Glad to hear good impressions. Can't wait to finally play it...in February. But at least it looks like it will be well worth the wait.

I have style oozing from my eyes and ears right now.

It's that stylish.

That was me. Thanks!

Hmmm. Damn now I'm conflicted about importing this again lol. If I can do this then...ughhhh lol

Rutger

Banned
You can also press square during non-anime cutscenes and get a log window where all the dialogue is displayed.
Also, pressing circle on any text while in there replays the audio so you can look up the word easier. :)

Perfect. Everything that will help speed up my translating is great news to hear. These are nice QoL changes to have even ignoring that.

Taking a coffee break from streaming, but leaving it up. Will be back in like ten. twitch.tv/elliotryo

Loving the game so far. So much style.

Bl@de

I'm curious. How is the PS3 version? Stable 720/30? Load times? Assets looked the same for PS3/4. It's a new game for a 10 year old console (and not some gimped version) after all. Doesn't happen anymore for major releases.

Gu4n

I'm about four hours in. Could do with a little less handholding, but that really is my only complaint so far - and maybe a crash course on Persona's battle system isn't so bad after... six, seven years?

Only played a little less than 2 hours for now (just finished the first trip to the first palace).

Apart from a few blurry textures, it's so good graphically. And so much style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom