• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgparty

Same, but I seeeeeeriously doubt it. We might have to wait until Persona 8 or 9 for that given their recent track record.

;__; I know. I really thought they might throw us a bone this time considering they apparently almost made Yosuke an option in P4. I was super looking forward to it but oh well.

Setsu00

I feel like if that was an option, it would be a big enough of a deal for people to point it out.

Going by the recent commercials it seems like PR for this game was mostly focussed on the otaku market and I'm not sure if that's the kind of group that you'd connect with samesex romances. I'd say there still a chance, albeit a small one.

muteki

I've got to stop watching streams dammit.

Just a quick little glance over once and a while and I already feel like I have a good idea of what is going on so far.

_Ryo_

How well does that google image translate even work? I mean the kanji in the textbox is a bit slanted, wouldnt that put things off?

So we don't know who is romanceable yet, do we? Mostly just wanting to see if by some miracle Atlus gave us Yusuke...

The trophy specifies "Kanojo" so I'd assume it's limited to females only. Unless they troll but I doubt it.

edit : I'm dumb I misread the trophy list while reading some blogs and I thought they wrote "kanojo", but it was not the case....the dream may still be alive!

Setsu00

Dissapointing, but it's not like romancing in Persona is some magical experience anyway.

That's not the point, though. The protagonist is supposed to be me and while I don't want every male character to be romancable, it would be great if there was at least one to show me that the game acknowledges human diversity. Also Persona 5 is all about the human mind and social revolution, just to make things even worse.

DNAbro

The trophy specifies "Kanojo" so I'd assume it's limited to females only. Unless they troll but I doubt it.

I asked someone to translate it yesterday and he said there was nothing to indicate gender but I guess it may have been wrong. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Pretty much accepted it at this point. Maybe Persona 6 will finally allow you to date dudes.

The dream is dead.
Dissapointing, but it's not like romancing in Persona is some magical experience anyway.
I asked someone to translate it yesterday and he said there was nothing to indicate gender but I guess it may have been wrong. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Pretty much accepted it at this point. Maybe Persona 6 will finally allow you to date dudes.

I apologize, I've edited my post, they don't specify a gender indeed...the dream is still not (totally) dead.

even better, the trophy name is "最高の相棒(パートナー)" so it could include more than just females :p

Setsu00

I apologize, I've edited my post, they don't specify a gender indeed...the dream is still not (totally) dead.

even better, the trophy name is "最高の相棒(パートナー)" so it could include more than just females :p

And so the waiting continues.

Thanks for clarifying!

I could possibly manage with understanding the bare basics of the game since I have ~1 year language experience with 300 or so kanji under my belt and an ok grasp of basic grammar. If I didn't have a college to pay I might have bit the bullet.

Unfortunately, NMS got my summer gaming money so... yeah. Picked that up when XV got delayed. Oh well, win some, lose some. February, here we go.

barybll

Banned
And so the waiting continues.

Thanks for clarifying!

Why do you set yourself for disappointmemt

Mind you, im indifferent about same sex romance in persona, but with all the info we have its a given that there is no such option in the game

Could you tell us what you did so we won't do that? :p

Sorry for the late response (been deep in the game). I pressed Start (options) to pause it. A lot of games then have you press a different button to fully skip the scene. This game, if you hit Start twice, it skips it. Hit circle to resume.

Setsu00

Why do you set yourself for disappointmemt

Mind you, im indifferent about same sex romance in persona, but with all the info we have its a given that there is no such option in the game

Danganronpa infected me with hope.

In all seriousness, the trophy's name and its description are sound arguments for same sex relationships in P5. There are also a couple of demographic and thematic reasons why I won't let it go until I know for sure that same sex romance is not in P5.

barybll

Banned
One thing I noticed is how Meguro didnt use vocals anywhere as near the same level as previous games

I found that very odd considering how Meguro always seemed inclined to use them

In all seriousness, the trophy's name and its description are sound arguments for same sex relationships in P5. There are also a couple of demographic and thematic reasons why I won't let it go until I know for sure that same sex romance is not in P5.

Well im a skeptic
But I hope you get what you want mate

Puruzi

Banned
One thing I noticed is how Meguro didnt use vocals anywhere as near the same level as previous games

1454280113982uoqgo.jpg

That's not the point, though. The protagonist is supposed to be me and while I don't want every male character to be romancable, it would be great if there was at least one to show me that the game acknowledges human diversity. Also Persona 5 is all about the human mind and social revolution, just to make things even worse.
I get it. That's why I said it's dissapointing.

I feel weird right now because i'm about to go digital to get this game...
I don't think i can't wait ..

Thankfully this isn't my first RPG in japanese.
But for some reason , the purchase button isn't there( on the PSN ).

EDIT : it seems i need to wait a few more hours to see that purchase button .

Waiting time then ...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I feel weird right now because i'm about to go digital to get this game...
I don't think i can't wait ..

Thankfully this isn't my first RPG in japanese.
But for some reason , the purchase button isn't there( on the PSN ).
JPSN doesn't update until another 3 or 4 hours usually. People playing the digital copy now are playing the preorder version of the game which unlocked earlier today.

I hadn't realised the protagonist's manga name had been released, so that's a relief. I know his name will probably change again with the anime, but it's something.

I dreamed a dream~. C'mon, Atlas, do it.

artsi

artsi said it's 30 fps.

I'm hoping there's an area that's basically the Stray Sheep bar from Catherine. Maaaaan, the vibe there is so good.

I'm feeling a lot of same vibes as with Catherine except it's a whole city instead of one bar :p
The attention to detail is crazy.

Going to sleep now, but I had damn good time in the first 5 hours.

Zolo

I'm feeling a lot of same vibes as with Catherine except it's a whole city instead of one bar :p
The attention to detail is crazy.

Going to sleep now, but I had damn good time in the first 5 hours.

To be honest, I remember there being a lot of detail in Persona 4 at the time too. It just didn't look that impressive due to the graphics and the camera being zoomed out. Been too long since I've played P3 to say the same thing.

JPSN doesn't update until another 3 or 4 hours usually. People playing the digital copy now are playing the preorder version of the game which unlocked earlier today.

Yeah i realised by checking the main page on the PC PSN store that explained it that it was only the preordered version and that version became unavailable on the 14th ...

You posted before i could make my edit.

Well i can wait a couple of hours.( the money is already in my PSN account , if that disapears it'll be only because some phantom thieves appeared !)

artsi

To be honest, I remember there being a lot of detail in Persona 4 at the time too. It just didn't look that impressive due to the graphics and the camera being zoomed out. Been too long since I've played P3 to say the same thing.

Yeah that's true, this is just on the whole next level.

I just can't wait until you're met with disbear! Upupupu~!

I'm right there with y'all. But I think we're in for some disappointment so brace yourselves...

Apologies if this has already been answered, but are there social links in the game? Been trying to stay away from spoilers so I've been in the dark.

DNAbro

Apologies if this has already been answered, but are there social links in the game? Been trying to stay away from spoilers so I've been in the dark.

They are called Co-Ops now and yes they basically function as social links with more tangible benefits other than stronger personas.

calder

Turned on a random stream and hear the velvet room music (or whatever it's called, that menu music). Not sure how much I want to watch.

Oh god this wait will kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom