• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are called Co-Ops now and yes they basically function as social links with more tangible benefits other than stronger personas.

Awesome, thank you. Social Links are probably my favorite part of Persona, glad to hear they exist and are improved on.

I feel weird right now because i'm about to go digital to get this game...
I don't think i can't wait ..

Thankfully this isn't my first RPG in japanese.
But for some reason , the purchase button isn't there( on the PSN ).

EDIT : it seems i need to wait a few more hours to see that purchase button .

Waiting time then ...

Out of curiosity, can you read Japanese? I am conflicted on if I want to get this without knowing the language.

Lunar15

The menu animations are exactly as they were in that first trailer. Not that I should have been worried, but thank god almighty they're still in there.

God bless P-Team

bigjig

Damn this game is so damn stylish..

Anyone set spoken dialog to skip forward automatically? I have this on to stop pressing O every time someone speaks, but sometimes non-spoken dialog also skips forward automatically. Is this a bug?

It arrived this morning! Can't wait to play it (this evening).

image_2.jpeg

I hadn't realised the protagonist's manga name had been released, so that's a relief. I know his name will probably change again with the anime, but it's something.

I dreamed a dream~. C'mon, Atlas, do it.
Thanks for letting me know. Its as canon of a name as you can get so I'll use it for my playthrough next year.

If anyone wants to know the name from the manga after googling I found its:

First Name: Akira
Last Name: Kurusu

As someone who always wants to use canon names this is as good as I'll get until Atlus becomes a meanie and changes it for an anime/spinoff. :mad:

And with that, as I've been spoiler free I should leave this thread. It takes alot of self control but I will...in a few hours. Just reading everyones impressions are great but better to leave soon.

barybll

Banned
So I just completed the prologue (tutorial) and I am absolutely loving it.

The mood of tokyo, the music, the improved dungeons, potter himself and the comfyness of the coffe shop.
Even Ryuuji didn't strike as annoying as I thought he would be *ahem*yosuke*ahem*

The production value of persona has never been so high and I am in love.

I have no knowledge of japanese but I have been "getting" what is going on pretty fine, I wouldn't want to know more about what they are saying because I still plan on getting the NA version on february, this will just be my sneak peek.
But im fully aware that when Social links and day activities get introduced and more present I will get nothing done pretty much.

Better this way I guess

Beckx

From what I've seen, the PS4 recording function blocks all animated cutscenes. Same thing happens with Berseria's cutscenes, even the opening. I imagine the same applies to Persona.

Sadly not limited to that. just played for a couple hours and everything is blocked after the first few minutes. No streaming, no clips, no screenshots. Doesn't matter whether it's a cutscene or gameplay. It's a complete block of the feature during the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm probably going to use my real name, but use kanji on my hanko as my last name: 内庵 トリン (Naian Trin)

My take away after five hours with the game is that it's darker than any of the other modern Persona games.

Yes, Persona 3 had guns and people shooting themselves to summon Personas etc (and it was literally dark), but the scenarios the game unfolded around were largely supernatural and otherworldly.

Persona 5, at least five hours in,
tackles some really really weighty real life issues plaguing Japanese schools, and in a very direct way.

No specifics above, just spoilering in case.

Guess Who

Banned
My take away after five hours with the game is that it's darker than any of the other modern Persona games.

Yes, Persona 3 had guns and people shooting themselves to summon Personas etc (and it was literally dark), but the scenarios the game unfolded around were largely supernatural and otherworldly.

tackles some really really weighty real life issues plaguing Japanese schools, and in a very direct way.

As someone who won't get to play the game till the US release, this is super nice to hear.
After P3 and P4 skirted around some things, I really wanted P5 to go in on the social commentary.
(Also no specifics, just vague thoughts.)

Zolo

As someone who won't get to play the game till the US release, this is super nice to hear.
After P3 and P4 skirted around some things, I really wanted P5 to go in on the social commentary.

Yeah. Part of the reason I'm excited for playing is that you can even see spots in Persona 3 and 4 where they clearly wanted to tackle issues/themes that they've been talking about with 5.

This sounds really promising. P4's wishy-washy handling of that was incredibly annoying so it's great that they're finally willing to go in heavy.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
There are some really cool posters outside Shibuya station. If only I were able to take screenshots...

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Do you mean...THOSE posters?
Or you mean...real shibuya posters?

Because if they are THOSE posters, I don't think that is a spoiler really

Yeah, I mean those ones, not really a spoiler, but a nice surprise. However the game literally doesn't let me take screenshots.

Out of curiosity, can you read Japanese? I am conflicted on if I want to get this without knowing the language.

Yes .. playing rpgs in japanese is not a problem.
i don't Think , ( with all the dialog this game has that you can enjoy this game if you don't understand japanese , at least not without a faq)

Puruzi

Banned
Example on how this game is much darker? Put it under bars or PM me please, this sounds interesting and I wanna know about it.

Beckx

My two thoughts

Its amazing

I wish it was on handheld

(The impossible dream, i know, at least remote play sorta helps)

Example on how this game is much darker? Put it under bars or PM me please, this sounds interesting and I wanna know about it.

Through the first five hours or so there's
police brutality, bullying/physical abuse, sexual violence, extortion, suicide,
and probably some things I missed not being able to read the language.

Jarmel

Banned
Through the first five hours or so there's
police brutality, bullying/physical abuse, sexual violence, extortion, suicide,
and probably some things I missed not being able to read the language.

Holy fuck, I don't think any of the other games were this dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom