• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Opa-Pa

Palace 2 and now (spoilers)
sending the calling card to fight Madarame's shadow.

Palace is easier than the previous one so far or maybe I'm getting better.

Oh shit.. advice before going in?

It's been the boss that gave me the most trouble, but it's pretty doable if you know what you're doing.

Just bring a physical attacker like Yusuke and spam AoE physical attacks till only one part of the boss is left. Take that one out with magic.

Repeat accordingly and voilá.

CSX

Wow at the option of skipping recruitment negotiations in New Game +

All the demons basically say "I kinda remember talking to you before" lol

Mediking

I'm a Atlus veteran and even I thought that Palace 2 boss was annoying. Don't give up, newcomers! Figure out a pattern...

Cess007

I'm a Atlus veteran and even I thought that Palace 2 boss was annoying. Don't give up, newcomers! Figure out a pattern...

I totally lucked out of that boss.
2 members of my party were dead, only has MC left with almost no HP, when Ryuji threw the ink to the Boss and I was able to kill him with Maragi.

nOoblet16

Wow at the option of skipping recruitment negotiations in New Game +

All the demons basically say "I kinda remember talking to you before" lol
It's not a NG+ thing. That happens whenever you speak to a Persona that is in your compendium but not your inventory.

Bladenic

Palace 2 boss was easy. Palace 3, just finished, and boss was super easy. Very different from what I remember Persona 3/4 bosses being. Even if they weren't that hard, I remember them being far longer with tons of health. Palace 1 boss was the one I'd say was the hardest and that's only due to what you had to do to win (or at least what I did), I screwed up by not attacking that much since I had to heal and he caught Morgana, but the second time I kept hitting him.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Palace 2 and now (spoilers)
sending the calling card to fight Madarame's shadow.

Palace is easier than the previous one so far or maybe I'm getting better.

Oh shit.. advice before going in?

Was about to say... have fun with that boss.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Palace 2 boss was easy. Palace 3, just finished, and boss was super easy. Very different from what I remember Persona 3/4 bosses being. Even if they weren't that hard, I remember them being far longer with tons of health. Palace 1 boss was the one I'd say was the hardest and that's only due to what you had to do to win (or at least what I did), I screwed up by not attacking that much since I had to heal and he caught Morgana, but the second time I kept hitting him.

Switch to hard difficulty, improved the game a lot for me. Normal difficulty is way too easy.

duckroll

Finished Palace 4. I love these designed dungeons. There's something different about each one and it's really fun. I really dug how this one didn't follow the exact conventions of the previous dungeons too. There was a good sense of "how does this work" going on until the progression formula became clear.

I'm digging the story a lot now. Probably ready for another Mementos run really soon, since I have like 4 requests going now. But I might want to wait until the next part of it opens up. Some of my Confidants are getting gated by stats again now... grrrr...

Finished Palace 4. I love these designed dungeons. There's something different about each one and it's really fun. I really dug how this one didn't follow the exact conventions of the previous dungeons too. There was a good sense of "how does this work" going on until the progression formula became clear.

I'm digging the story a lot now. Probably ready for another Mementos run really soon, since I have like 4 requests going now. But I might want to wait until the next part of it opens up. Some of my Confidants are getting gated by stats again now... grrrr...
Came outta palace 4 with such a satisfying feeling. Palace 5 took that away

_Ryo_

I actually found the 2nd palace boss to be pretty easy. But I had
several multi hit physical attacks when I faced him.

C9-cy-bVwAAV7Bv.jpg

Over rated chicks gotta stick together

BriGuy

I'm near the end of July and the game is starting to feel stifling. You can't do this. You can't do that. You're going to this event today. Go to bed. You need this stat raised to this level to talk to this person. You have to get this job to get this information. You need this stat raised to this level in order to get this job. Will you spend time with so and so today? Go to bed. And the clock is always ticking.

I'm sure I'll eventually hit some point of no return where I have to leave a bunch of social links hanging because of reasons. I know every Persona does this more or less, but Persona 5 is just taking it to a new level.

ckohler

So far, Haru's English voice is the only one I haven't liked. Everyone else in the game sounds fantastic in English but she's the only one that's got that late 90's anime dub voice.

It's not terrible...it just sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the cast who all sound so natural and great.

Also, Morgana >>>>>> Teddy. Like, it's not even funny how much more I like Mona over Teddy both as a character and in their voices.

Toma

Yup, 5 destroys all momentum. It never picked back up for me afterwards.

I am on NG+ atm and its definitely not just our imagination. The first few dungeons are a lot more inventive and interesting. Stuff like the pictures in Madarame doesnt happen in later dungeons. Really a bit of a shame, but still a fantastic game.

Dantis

So far, Haru's English voice is the only one I haven't liked. Everyone else in the game sounds fantastic in English but she's the only one that's got that late 90's anime dub voice.

It's not terrible...it just sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the cast who all sound so natural and great.

Also, Morgana >>>>>> Teddy. Like, it's not even funny how much more I like Mona over Teddy both as a character and in their voices.

No, Haru's voice is straight up terrible.

I'm near the end of July and the game is starting to feel stifling. You can't do this. You can't do that. You're going to this event today. Go to bed. You need this stat raised to this level to talk to this person. You have to get this job to get this information. You need this stat raised to this level in order to get this job. Will you spend time with so and so today? Go to bed. And the clock is always ticking.

I'm sure I'll eventually hit some point of no return where I have to leave a bunch of social links hanging because of reasons. I know every Persona does this more or less, but Persona 5 is just taking it to a new level.

I felt if anything P5 gave you more options to leveling up social stats and even some Confidants raise your stats 3 points at a time. Plus a confidant that literally gives you stolen time back to do more activities.

Haven't played in awhile actually. Put it down to rest picked it back up yesterday and the expected happened with the phantom thieves reception
. First half had me on a high,now I'm dragging myself.

Combat still goat tho
I went to overwatch and it took some time to get back to the game after completing the 5th dungeon.
I am on NG+ atm and its definitely not just our imagination. The first few dungeons are a lot more inventive and interesting. Stuff like the pictures in Madarame doesnt happen in later dungeons. Really a bit of a shame, but still a fantastic game.
There was more care in the first few, whereas the last few dungeons felt like annoying puzzles. I had a feeling after the cutscene for the end of the 4th dungeon it'd be downhill and I was right:/ Though I still enjoyed the game.

Palace 2 was hard for me because the magic attacks was just being absorbed. but it was even more frustrating that I trusted my team to understand that and they kept doing magic attacks against the parts that were absorbing it. After taking control, I able to fix the issue ...but it still ended up being a tough battle due to my mistake of not taking out the first thing that was literally causing most of the damage; the
mouth
. That
bite
was taking out my people left and right. I should of attacked there first then the two tops and then the middle. I got out of it wasting a lot of healing products that I otherwise would have if I went with that strategy 😩

PK Gaming

I actually really liked Teddie in P4 and it's not even close. Morgana is a better character on nearly all fronts.

PK Gaming

I actually prefer P5's second half over the first half. The game's style changes from "Another take on P4" style to something else entirely, and mostly for the better.

7th dungeon spoilers:

It really comes down to whether you're invested in the conflict of the Phantom Thieves VS Shido and his posse

Zafir

My only complaint about the second half of the game is overall it felt a bit, rushed almost. Like they tried to shove a lot of story into only
2-3 in game months
. Besides that I really liked the second half, ignoring some of the dungeon issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Welp I fucked up. Had 2 requests so went in mementos but the
Futaba
one with
her uncle
wasn't there I dont know why so I kinda wasted a half-day :/

abundant

I don't get the hate for palace 5, I liked it. Well, aside from fucking
Scathach

It's pretty simple really. Palace 5
introduces 3 new game play mechanics that you then have to do several times each and even worse, back to back to back.
It becomes extremely tedious if you do it all at once.

Zafir

Welp I fucked up. Had 2 requests so went in mementos but the
Futaba
one with
her uncle
wasn't there I dont know why so I kinda wasted a half-day :/

You have to talk to Futaba to do it. You'll go into Mementos alone with her.

daveo42

Banned
NG+ question:
Is the 23rd the last good day to farm for money to save up cash for doing end game persona fusing or did you guys do that during the final dungeon section? Deciding on how far back I want to go so I can clear the compendium to take into NG+.

silva1991

My only complaint about the second half of the game is overall it felt a bit, rushed almost. Like they tried to shove a lot of story into only
2-3 in game months
. Besides that I really liked the second half, ignoring some of the dungeon issues.

Not only the story didn't hold my interest in the last parts of the game, but also
the terrible level/dungeons is very disappointing.
They should have end it with the best level in the game and not literally the worst one when it comes to both level design and aesthetic.

Guess Who

Banned
How can we tell that enemies are still affected by buffs or debuffs? L1 does not seem to give that info.

The top-left corner, where you see an enemy's name when they're selected, will also show any applied buffs/debuffs. If you see nothing there, that means they're "neutral" on everything.

Opa-Pa

How can we tell that enemies are still affected by buffs or debuffs? L1 does not seem to give that info.

When you're targeting to attack them there's gonna be an extra bar below their name with Atk Def Spee. With an arrow pointing up or down next to each accordingly. It doesn't say how many turns left they have though.

Thud

Finished palace 5 on NG+, yep still sucks.

The problem is not that it's too long, but it repeats the same mechanic 2-3 times. ID card retrieval 3 times, factory mechanics 3 times, air lock two times. Those subareas are pretty large as well. Even clearing one area is enough to say I'm out. It looks like it's designed as a 3 day dungeon.
The instant kill ability took care of 80% of the enemies, another problem I had. It has too many enemies.

Anyway compendium is at 75%, so started fusing some shit.

Top Bottom