• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

A.J.

Banned
NG+ question:
Is the 23rd the last good day to farm for money to save up cash for doing end game persona fusing or did you guys do that during the final dungeon section? Deciding on how far back I want to go so I can clear the compendium to take into NG+.

I did it in the final area since the area before the final save has two enemies that give you about 10k each.

So i just got to treasure part in dungeon 5. And yeah i was loving this game until this pos dungeon. It has trash tier design and never ends...
If all other upcoming dungeons are like this then wow this game will kind of unenjoyable. Went from one of the greatest of all time to just a good game in my opinion. The dungeon ruined the game for me.

LotusHD

Banned
So i just got to treasure part in dungeon 5. And yeah i was loving this game until this pos dungeon. It has trash tier design and never ends...
If all other upcoming dungeons are like this then wow this game will kind of unenjoyable. Went from one of the greatest of all time to just a good game in my opinion. The dungeon ruined the game for me.

I'm shocked at how much people hate the 5th palace. Like I didn't really like it either, but the posts I saw before I got to that point made it seem like it'd be something truly awful. Ch. 13 of FFXV all over again, where it's pretty bad, but not as bad as the posts led me to believe.

That being said, I didn't like the 6th one either (music was amazing though), and from what I hear, the 7th one has its annoyances too...

Thud

Palace 6 is great, amazing theme and some cool mechanics. Palace 7 is welcome to SMT you scurvy bastard.

Guess Who

Banned
I'm shocked at how much people hate the 5th palace. Like I didn't really like it either, but the posts I saw before I got to that point made it seem like it'd be something truly awful. Ch. 13 of FFXV all over again, where it's pretty bad, but not as bad as the posts led me to believe.

That being said, I didn't like the 6th one either (music was amazing though), and from what I hear, the 7th one has its annoyances too...

I definitely thought 5 was a weak Palace, but I'm in the same boat - it's not like, game-ruiningly bad, just a little overlong. Figuring out the
robots' identities was pretty easy
, the
timed sections just require you to clear out the enemies in your way before attempting them
, and the
airlock section wasn't that hard to figure out, it just went on a little long

hemo memo

Have revive items ready, and a dedicated healer.
Guy has no weaknesses
so you need to keep your health up and keep on shaving off damage little by little. Tricky boss..

It's been the boss that gave me the most trouble, but it's pretty doable if you know what you're doing.

Just bring a physical attacker like Yusuke and spam AoE physical attacks till only one part of the boss is left. Take that one out with magic.

Repeat accordingly and voilá.

Annnnd done.

I hate to swear but fucckk that was a hard boss. Glad I'm done.

Thanks guys.

Wow really? Fuck this

Palace 5 ending spoilers
they don't even attempt to hide the fact Akechi is the guy breaking into other people's palaces and causing the psychotic shut downs.

What the fuck was the point of lip service being paid to one of your own allies betrayed you in the flash forward? Why the fuck bother with a flash forward if you're just gonna make the obvious antagonist the antagonist -.-

Wow really? Fuck this

Palace 5 ending spoilers
they don't even attempt to hide the fact Akechi is the guy breaking into other people's palaces and causing the psychotic shut downs.

What the fuck was the point of lip service being paid to one of your own allies betrayed you in the flash forward? Why the fuck bother with a flash forward if you're just gonna make the obvious antagonist the antagonist -.-

Keep playing, man.

Pachinko

All this talk about Palace 5 sucking has me worried... this isn't like the back half of FFXV bad is it ? ... well more like back third if we're being honest.

I've just started palace 4 , well, finished the first 2 sections out of what looks like
6, maybe 7
sections and I'm still really liking this game. I highly doubt I'm going to get this fabled 100% stats/social link playthrough some of y'all are going on about but I don't really care ?

Someone let me know though , I'm about to describe how I intend to keep marching through the rest of the game and... all I need to know is if this plan of attack will lead to missing anything major -

I'm still in day 1 of palace 4 with enough SP and such to make it probably half way through, I'll probably come back to do the other half during day 2 but this place seems really big so I won't hate myself if it takes 3 days to secure the route to the treasure, then I'm assuming it'll take 2 more days to kill the boss / calling card as it has with the previous 3 dungeons. This will leave me with a couple weeks of time before the palace 4 deadline. During this time I plan to hang out with any character that has the "UP" next to their name as well as getting my charm and kindness up to level 3 (I've gotta be close, because the other stats have done so already), I will try to speed this up by using the fortune tellers ability before completing a rank up activity. I will also go into Mementos at least once because I have 1 active person right now , I suspect I'll get a couple more before the august deadline comes around. I intend as much as I"m able to keep going like this for the remainder of the game , finishing Palaces within 5 days after the first real day , etc. I'm hoping to get my stat star up to level 4 in each area by the time palace 6 starts and as far as confidents go - I would like to level up as much as I can but I'm prioritizing Temperance, Death, Fortune and the party members before anyone else.
So does this sound like as good a way as any to make my way through ?

LotusHD

Banned
I definitely thought 5 was a weak Palace, but I'm in the same boat - it's not like, game-ruiningly bad, just a little overlong. Figuring out the
robots' identities was pretty easy
, the
timed sections just require you to clear out the enemies in your way before attempting them
, and the
airlock section wasn't that hard to figure out, it just went on a little long

Actually, maybe that's why I can't relate that well to the complaints. Because
I didn't bother to find out their identities, I just fought them all in order to save time.
Plus I wanted the exp and cash anyhow. If the majority of the people who complained actually attempted to correctly guess their identity, then yea, things would definitely be a lot more irksome.

The timed sections, yea, I knew to kill the enemies beforehand. It wasn't a big deal.
The airlock section, I got lucky in figuring it out; it could have easily been a thing where I get stuck trying to figure out how to navigate it, thus pissing me off.

Damn, so reading all these replies, I guess I should delete my saves and sell the game now? :(

We only do that if the MC score goes down.

---

The 4th palace is still the best one I've done so far imo

ckohler

5th palace was fine. A step down from previous ones mostly due to some tedious puzzles but nothing to get worked up over. I beat the boss on the second try playing on Normal. Just had to switch up my party and tactics.

TissueBox

The only voice in the entire game that I hate.

Yeah the game was doing exceptionally well with voice acting even though Ann sometimes annoyed me along with some occasional weird stuff (but that's to be expected) but when Haru came into the fold I was like.... 'Um.....'

Finally the cutesy anime character had to muck it up lmao. I don't even really blame the VA, it's just never easy to get that cutesy tone across.

It also didn't make
Palace 5
any easier to endure lol... had to take some long breaks to say the least. But hey, it's an attempt. And you force yourself to get used to it after the 17th cringe.

MTC100

Banned
About palace i Think in terms of Dungeon design the Second palace is the best, the fifth palace the worst

I liked the third the most, i didn't find the second that compelling, the section where you guess the images was a walk in the park and the "puzzle" of finding the right entrance was also very easy. The third palace however had that catchy tune going and felt very realistic also the second part was cool with all the lock combinations.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Finished palace 5. Didn't find it to be bad. Yes, it is long, like, i think ispend more than 2.5 hours? But then again, i play worse dungeon from other jrpg. Thisnone isnactually just mediocre

Thud

Thought so too, didn't even bother with her S-link or putting her in my team because of this. I guess I will play my New Game+ with the Japanese Dub but I'll wait for NG+ a few months...

And then you head in after two days.

I'll do a full NG+ game with English voice later on. Now just going for that plat.

Kolx

Welp I fucked up. Had 2 requests so went in mementos but the
Futaba
one with
her uncle
wasn't there I dont know why so I kinda wasted a half-day :/

Well I missed an entire mementos mission since I didn't read a message and I can't find it on my mail box now. I was so close to getting the trophy :(

MechaX

Hahahaha, oh man.

Strength Rank 10 and Palace 6 spoilers.
And suddenly all this Fusion BS became worth it if I can just pay Igor to make shit regardless of level. I am totally just going to fuse Kohryu for right now, since everything else takes an insane amount of effort and cash to fuse.

Kolx

I didn't find palace 5 to be more tedious than other dungeon. Surely not more than the 4th one. Maybe reading tons of posts about how bad it was made a lot less tedious?!

nOoblet16

So far, Haru's English voice is the only one I haven't liked. Everyone else in the game sounds fantastic in English but she's the only one that's got that late 90's anime dub voice.

It's not terrible...it just sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the cast who all sound so natural and great.

Also, Morgana >>>>>> Teddy. Like, it's not even funny how much more I like Mona over Teddy both as a character and in their voices.
Senpai didn't like Teddie? Is senpai angry? Why is senpai angry?

FluxWaveZ

It's the default for Morgana. Seems like after you switch him to Direct Commands, everyone else defaults to that instead.

It is at least with Mona.

That's weird; I know Morgana definitely has that role when you first encounter him, but I distinctly remember going into the menu to change team roles when I was given the option to, and everyone was already set to manual commands. Guess I'm misremembering.

It is weird that it's the default option, then. Heh, it's weird that it's even an option at all, still.

Reda

Neo Member
I'm 35 hours in and I'm at fourth Palace
Futaba's
. For those who finished the game, am I rushing or this the normal pace?

Opa-Pa

That's weird; I know Morgana definitely has that role when you first encounter him, but I distinctly remember going into the menu to change team roles when I was given the option to, and everyone was already set to manual commands. Guess I'm misremembering.

It is weird that it's the default option, then. Heh, it's weird that it's even an option at all, still.

Oh no never mind, you're right. It was just Morgana.

Opa-Pa

So how does battle music work for the DLC costume packs? Does it activate when one of your party members is wearing a costume? When all of them do? What happens when two members are wearing different DLC?

megalowho

Palace 6 is great, amazing theme and some cool mechanics. Palace 7 is welcome to SMT you scurvy bastard.
I grew fond of 7 by the end as well. There's a lot of good stuff in there. Split up over the course of a few (real world) days with breaks helped my enjoyment, even if that's not how I approached most of the game.

What makes the 5th palace even worse, is that the month that leads up to it is just awful. The event is plain bad and the stuff that happens between characters are really annoying. That part of the game is terrible.

That being said, I've finally reached the 6th dungeon and yep, it's really good.

Top Bottom