• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Kireek

How difficult is it to get everything done for the plat on NG+ without a guide? I was thinking of maybe trying a normal or hard mode run but if it'll help me get the platinum I might just do safety instead.

I know everyone hated the 5th palace, but I disliked the 3rd one more just because of how tedious it got puzzlewise---to say nothing of the huge gaps between save points.

4th was great design-wise but way too long.

nOoblet16

How difficult is it to get everything done for the plat on NG+ without a guide? I was thinking of maybe trying a normal or hard mode run but if it'll help me get the platinum I might just do safety instead.
Not difficult at all. You just need some tips and pointers that you can get here. The only thing for which you'll need a proper document is the trophy for getting all personas. You need a list of what fuses into what

I was gonna ask if anybody rolled with AI party members, P3 style, but I think the last page answered that for me, ha. I'd imagine it'd be a good way of making the game more challenging on NG+? Other than that, I don't see why anybody would use it. Does the AI suck? Anybody tried it yet?

Lunar15

I loved 3... but there was just one more step to the giant lock than there should have been.

1 2 and 4 have all felt pretty well paced. I took more than a day though, intentionally.

Kireek

Not difficult at all. You just need some tips and pointers that you can get here. The only thing for which you'll need a proper document is the trophy for getting all personas. You need a list of what fuses into what

Its mostly the social links I'm worried about. Never been able to fully complete them in P3 or P4 without a guide but I'm assuming this game is more lenient.

ckohler

Senpai didn't like Teddie? Is senpai angry? Why is senpai angry?
His annoying cartoon voice was so grating and sucked all the tension out of most situations. The decision to give Morgana a normal sounding voice alone elevates him above a token mascot character.

Thud

Tower skill for downing them is also a must for treasure demons. I kill them them with regular skills.

Persona needs something like false swipe :p.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Its mostly the social links I'm worried about. Never been able to fully complete them in P3 or P4 without a guide but I'm assuming this game is more lenient.

This is the first Persona I've played and I did it on my first playthrough being really sloppy so this seems lenient. On NG+ your social stats like knowledge and stuff pull over so you have a lot more time to do whatever since that's out of the way.

How I feel about all the palaces.

This is also true. I think the puzzles make it worse.

What makes it even worse, I think, is that the game encourages you to finish it as fast as possible in order to have more time for S. Links. Thus you end up slogging through these long-ass palaces when most of the game is in fairly bite-sized chunks.

If there was less incentive to get through them so quickly then maybe it would feel better. I don't know how you do that without undermining a lot of the time management elements though.

I'm not sure how far I'll get into an NG+ run. Doing some of those palaces again doesn't sound that fun.

Opa-Pa

Same palace. 105 hours.

It's pretty insane how much playtime varies between players. I've read a lot of people beat the game in 80 hours and yet I'm at the beginning of palace 7 with 120 hours haha.

This is also true. I think the puzzles make it worse.

What makes it even worse, I think, is that the game encourages you to finish it as fast as possible in order to have more time for S. Links. Thus you end up slogging through these long-ass palaces when most of the game is in fairly bite-sized chunks.

... It's literally the opposite though? If anything it makes more sense to rank up as many as possible before tackling the palace to make sure you get more arcana bonuses too.

The game doesn't encourage you to max every SL at all and gives you more than enough time should you choose to aim for it anyway, even if you decide to beat palaces in 2 or more days... Which the game actually encourages.

Cess007

Also, whoever suggested me to tackle the Palaces super early to get a lot of free day later, was right lol It's fantastic to spend the days without worrying about the deadline

nOoblet16

Also, whoever suggested me to tackle the Palaces super early to get a lot of free day later, was right lol It's fantastic to spend the days without worrying about the deadline
There are perks to doing it late as well, primarily you have more of your squad abilities unlocked if you do confidants first and palaces later.

To be fair having that crap as default makes no sense, and I feel like the only reason it's still a thing is that the devs are too proud to admit it was a stupid design choice back in P3 lol.

Yeah, it blows my mind. I can just imagine some poor ignorant soul assuming the default was the better way to play. How fucking frustrating would this game be if you didn't have the ability to strategize with the rest of your team's abilities?

Eh, not really. I'm at the 6th Palace and I'm at about 64 hours.

Same palace. 105 hours.

I juuuust beat Palace 6 and I'm a solid 117-118.

abundant

Did you say puzzles? I love puzzles. Puzzles are the best part of the first 4 dungeons.

Only 1 of the 3 game mechanics introduced in palace 5 could be considered a puzzle, but
it happens at the end, so you may be a little frustrated by that point.

zelhawks37

Well, after 108 hours, persona 5 is complete. This was a truly special game from start to finish just like 3 and 4 were and I am blessed that I was able to experience this journey. Now, I'm gonna bask in this to the fullest. :)

kadotsu

Banned
Does anyone else feel like they started development of the Palaces with the intention of disabling save room warping after you sent the calling card? You can see many shortcut routes in the first palace but it gets less and less until the shortcuts stop with palace 4.

Opa-Pa

Does anyone else feel like they started development of the Palaces with the intention of disabling save room warping after you sent the calling card? You can see many shortcut routes in the first palace but it gets less and less until the shortcuts stop with palace 4.

Yeah actually. As I was opening the shortcuts I was 100% sure the post-calling card run would make you make you go from the palace gate to the treasure room without saving, it makes too much sense.

Zyrox

Heh, interesting to see so much dislike for Palace 5. That one was overall my favorite alongside Palace 6.
Actually really enjoyed the
airlock
section and the other sections didn't go on for too long.

Not only that, but they are sometimes other ideas that you see in other palaces which then go away in later ones. It's apparent that they had to cut back on some of their ideas.

Cess007

There are perks to doing it late as well, primarily you have more of your squad abilities unlocked if you do confidants first and palaces later.

Yeah,that's true too. I wish I could have gone to Palace 3 with SP Regen Item (I'm at level 6 with Tae) but I think I'm enjoying more hanging out or doing other activities with my party now that the Palace has been beaten.

ckohler

Good to know that I'm not the only one with such crazy hours into this game lol

I just finished palace 5 and I'm at 82 hours. Basically...

tumblr_onwtfdYHj41s82c3do1_500.gif

Joeku

I need as much time with that sweet heist song as possible. Warping to the last save room and running to the Treasure in like twenty seconds kind of undercuts the high.

Shouta

Playing with the AI set to Act Freely is like the most fun way to play the game, especially because the AI is super competent.

cheez124

just finished the game. man, what a ride, and i loved nearly every second of it. maxed out all but 2 confidants (tower and hanged man), which is a lot better than i was expecting. i felt like i was really behind in around october-ish since i had only maxed out like 1 or 2 by then, but everything worked out fine. i also made a pretty good yoshitsune which made the endgame ridiculously easy, but it was worth it lol

gonna jump right into NG+ now, anyone know what's the best max confidant guide out there right now?

So how does battle music work for the DLC costume packs? Does it activate when one of your party members is wearing a costume? When all of them do? What happens when two members are wearing different DLC?

Yea only picks the music based on jokers costume. It's too bad I wish they would have chosen randomly from the party members costumes so you could have some variety each fight. Something I wish Tales of games would do also with their DLC

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so the
arcade kid asked me to deal with his mom and gave me her name
, but I dont have it as a request, wtf is up with that?

I accident pressed the network button and saw I was like five levels below the average (first day of palace 2) and realized I was so much lower because i kept negotiating thinking I was getting the same amount of exp as defeating an enemy. Whoops. Guess I'm going to stop asking for money and items.

so the
arcade kid asked me to deal with his mom and gave me her name
, but I dont have it as a request, wtf is up with that?

Did you already meet with the team about it? I think that happens automatically, and then you have to give him the calling card. If so, give it a couple days.

Arthos

Just completed the game. This game definitely gave me the feels, just like 3 and 4 did. I loved the game and I still can't believe I finally got to play it, let alone finish it. I love how the group dynamic differs between the three games.

Top Bottom