• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

FFMafia

Sojiro confident spoiler question I guess? Should I do a confidant event even if it says "I don't think my bond with sojiro will deepen just yet"

should I make more coffees or something?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Are people kidding when they say this game has a stronger opening? It's half expository BS that really doesn't add anything to the game, and I don't get to go to school and it's been 2 hours.

The flash forward doesn't add anything other than the woman asking me some blank question for what feels like no reason. There's been train incidents? Just talk about that at the station, no need for three scenes just talking about it.

I dunno, they tried to make this more compelling without having aspects to make it compelling. It feels like fluff taking me away from the moment to moment calendar days. I actually enjoyed traversal so far through the city. Really impressed by the station navigation.

Wait till you get till the late game before a judgement call on the opening/framing device. It's all there for a reason

Sojiro confident spoiler question I guess? Should I do a confidant event even if it says "I don't think my bond with sojiro will deepen just yet"

You don't have a choice. Rank up for most of the Confidants depends on affinity points you gain from your answers during the times you meet with them. If you don't have enough, you need to hang out with them without ranking up. It's the little notes over their heads.

nOoblet16

Tried to do the mementos shadow for the fortune confidant.
The fucker constantly brainwashes the entire party and then gets additional turns. This guy is easily twice as hard as anything in the game so far, and he's on a floor that usually has enemies 10+ levels below me.
So, what the actual fuck? Should I just show up alone with an immune persona and grind through his palace-boss amounts of hp or is there a better way?

If you have it then put null brainwash accessory on your healer and cure others. Also increase your agility as high as possible so that you get a turn before him.

So something I learned from fighting
the reaper
in mementos.

It only attacks once per turn (without exposing any weakness) if you let it ambush you. I managed to kill it without using the exploit finally.

nOoblet16

the reaper
in mementos.

It only attacks once per turn (without exposing any weakness) if you let it ambush you. I managed to kill it without using the exploit finally.
Strange. Yea I can kill the reaper now the normal way but then that's cause I am level 96

Opa-Pa

Man, fighting while listening to P2 IS music is sexy as hell, but for how much they charge you for this shit you'd expect them to at least include a mini boss music equivalent too... Portraits as well. Not that I was expecting them to, but yeah.

Tried to do the mementos shadow for the fortune confidant.
The fucker constantly brainwashes the entire party and then gets additional turns. This guy is easily twice as hard as anything in the game so far, and he's on a floor that usually has enemies 10+ levels below me.
So, what the actual fuck? Should I just show up alone with an immune persona and grind through his palace-boss amounts of hp or is there a better way?

You mean the first request at the beginning of the confidant or Baphomet (Shadow Fukurai)? I beat the latter just now while being level 56 on hard and we has fairly easy, I just let him use brainjack all he wanted but the moment I had my turns I just used Joker and Yusuke with bufudyne and he was dead in seconds.

Lots of confidant-related Mementos bosses are meant to be tackled at higher levels.

the reaper
in mementos.

Cool. What level were you?

FFMafia

You don't have a choice. Rank up for most of the Confidants depends on affinity points you gain from your answers during the times you meet with them. If you don't have enough, you need to hang out with them without ranking up. It's the little notes over their heads.

Thanks! So just hang out with them anyways I guess

Toki767

What day are you on? If you're on Rank 3 and before Summer his social link is locked out no matter how many times you hang out with him.

JVIDICAN

Am I missing something? How do I send a teammate to do a task in a boss fight after the first time?
4th palace boss
I've clicked every button on the controller lol
Edit:nevermind it's automatic.. lol

AngryMoth

Just wrapped up a little shy of 100 hours. My first Persona game and overall really enjoyed it. Was starting to grow quite bored of it during the mid game but from palace 6 onwards it was fantastic. Sadly I didn't get anywhere near to maxing all confidants, think I sucked pretty bad at managing my time in the early game haha.

+ Really great story, surprisingly bold in a lot of ways in the subjects it deals with, especially coming from Japan.
+ Most of the characters are great, Ryuji is the only one didn't really like cos they went overboard with his angry issues and being dumb.
+ Found the combat a lot more fun than I was expecting, dungeon crawling was actually one of my favourite parts of the game.
+ Most stylish game I've maybe ever played and definitely best UI design I can think of.
+ Soundtrack definitely has a few duds but it's mostly bangers.

- Sometimes the game is just way too slow paced for it's own good and turns into a visual novel for over an hour which gets exhausting when there's no gameplay sections to break it up. Giving you more free evenings between palaces would have been a good idea, especially in early game.
- Haru was sadly underdeveloped. Maybe it's cos I didn't get too far into confidant story but after palace 5 she kind of fades into the background.
- Kind of disappointing that Yusuke isn't a romance option, especially considering how gay characters are otherwise portrayed...

GotY contender, consider me a franchise fan now.

Opa-Pa

Lmao I tried to get money out of a couple of Mementos bosses who are parents exploiting their daughter to get them money and the bastards only throw 1 yen per turn haha.

Strange. Yea I can kill the reaper now the normal way but then that's cause I am level 96

The only reason it ambushed me in the first place is because I wasn't paying attention while I had spotify playing 😩

Cool. What level are you?
82 but even at that lvl it was a struggle for me. I abused heat riser from haru and had a raphael persona charge and attack and ryuji charge>god hand. Had morgana either heal if he got hit by ziodyne or attack. Only way I could do it. I didn't even bother to debuff him which probably could have helped some.

Sayers

Is there a date after which you can no longer social link? I still have a lot to do but the point I'm at (around the end of October) it feels like the game is dragging me toward the end. Seriously I feel like I haven't had control of the character for about an hour of game time now.

Zakalwe

Banned
So how do the costume DLC BGMs work? Do the battle themes only play when someone's wearing the DLC outfit, or is it random, or how does it work?

Thud

Hmmm should I romance multiple girls? Pretty sure I always did in P3 and P4. Wonder if it's worth being loyal here or nah

First playthrough I went with Tae. I just liked her from the start with the design. I was surprised how they handled the relationship.

Now on NG+ harem route is a go. Weird thing is me skipping text probably made me chose the wrong romance option for Tae. So I won't crush her heart later on lol.

Jiraiza

GDJB6IY.jpg

Yes... Yes! Almost there.

RalchAC

Looks like I'm about to finish Persona 5. Cleared the 7th Palace, I'm at December 24th and I have just gone to
Mementos

I've managed to have all 5 stats maxed and I've finished most confidants. Couldn't finish Tower and Hanged Man, but those weren't that high on my priority list.

Absolutely great game, I'll share longer impressions soon. I think after 3 games with the same formula there is some stuff Atlus seriously needs to address, I'll probably write it up tomorrow.

Aki-at

Finished the game, great adventure. Gameplay was top notch and some of the palaces were my favourite dungeon designs in a long while (Though when they get bad... Like the last two, they're bad) but the game almost felt like it was losing steam towards the end. I'm not too keen on the villains of the story and I had hoped that the game might try to comment on the
changing of hearts being equivalent to brain washing, it wasn't meant to be and the baddies came across as almost cartoony sometimes.

In terms of my Persona playing experience (A grand total of 2 titles!) I put more time and enjoyed the gameplay much more than Persona 4, but I felt the characters and narrative itself was stronger in the fourth entry. One thing I enjoyed in P4 was just how the S link further explored their characters and worries and you slowly see them grow. For some reason... It didn't feel quite as strong here with the exception of Yusuke, it rather felt you were just dealing with another issue in their life. On the flopside, the side character s links here are much stronger.

It's a shame that I got spoiled on a major plot point:
Igor not being who he was, I wonder if I would apperciate the story more? I still had my suspicions early on, wish I could have seen it through to the end without being spoiled so I would feel more proud of myself working it out :p

Game kind of broke for me around the time of the sixth palace though, being able to take a
level 83 Raphael with me thanks to maxing the wardens meant I had nothing to worry about in the coming fights!
It did allow for some really cool moments though (Like one boss KOing my whole party except me, with me having enough energy to finish him/her off :p)

Loved my time with it, probably going down as one of my favourite games. I think I still like P4 again, but I'd be more up for replaying P5 since the gameplay is much more stylish and fun.

In fact if you start ng+ right after learning who Igor really is a lot of the stuff he tells show that he was really evil since the beggining guiding Joker into his personal goal. And that same speach have another side if you dont realize that. Igor was really well written.

I figured this out early on thanks to how
fake Igor kept saying "Welcome to my Velvet Room" ... his never claimed ownership of it before and always acted as a servant. When the real Igor is restored, his line changes to "Welcome to the Velvet Room" a neat little touch by Atlus. Shame I got spoiled on it or else I'd have been pretty happy spotting that change in character :p

Opa-Pa

His magic stat would've been a lot higher if I had focused on it from the beginning.

About that, I haven't paid much attention but I'm guessing the the stat distribution of the sacrifices determines the stat gain, right? I'd like to try this too.

Jiraiza

About that, I haven't paid much attention but I'm guessing the the stat distribution of the sacrifices determines the stat gain, right? I'd like to try this too.

Yep, you can control what stats you want to level up through the Gallows. The distribution is more focused if you, say, decide to increase only Magic versus increasing all the parameters.

Capra

Did I mess up by saving the Temperance confidant rank 9 quest for just before finishing the 6th palace? I wanted to get it done in a burst alongside some other Mementos quests and now... well...
I can't go to school to witness her renewed confidence.

Griss

7th palace, help needed:
Where the FUCK is the restaurant card? I've talked to everyone, searched the room 10 times... there's nothing here at all. The restaurant is locked, the other door is locked, and no one on either floor here or in the main hall is saying shit. I've been stuck here for 20 minutes now, and everytime I leave the room and come back I have to fight 4 battles.

Femto.

Can someone explain EXP to me? Does the total amount get divided by the number of party members you have? Is it scaled? Grinding is a pain in this game. At least in Mementos.

Dugna

7th palace, help needed:
Where the FUCK is the restaurant card? I've talked to everyone, searched the room 10 times... there's nothing here at all. The restaurant is locked, the other door is locked, and no one on either floor here or in the main hall is saying shit. I've been stuck here for 20 minutes now, and everytime I leave the room and come back I have to fight 4 battles.

After you talk to the person who said they dropped their card, activate the third eye and just follow the footprints on the ground.

Zafir

7th palace, help needed:

Did you make the same mistake I did and went looking for it after the first scene? You basically need to go inside the restaurant and at the reception there will be another scene about the card. You can't get the card until you've seen that scene. It's really dumb.

Griss

Did you make the same mistake I did and went looking for it after the first scene? You basically need to go inside the restaurant and at the reception there will be another scene about the card. You can't get the card until you've seen that scene. It's really dumb.

Oh wow. WOW.

So you go to the door, and it won't open - a scene plays that says you need a card to get in. But the solution is to go in anyway? To ignore the scene that just played? Literally the last thing I would have thought of. The game presented it as a locked door and told you you couldn't enter.

Man, that really pisses me off, what a waste of my time.

Thanks dude. I searched the (palace 7)
ship
10 times after that 1st scene.

FluxWaveZ

Wow, the P4D costumes look terrible. Also why do the characters looks like villains in the P4A set?

The P4D costumes look amazing.

The P4A set are the Shadow Operatives uniforms. It's curious because we've never actually seen how the outfits look like before, with the exception of Mitsuru's P4A design hinting at it.

FluxWaveZ

Someone should have probably questioned why they were actually going after someone who cheats at video games; would have at least made for an interesting conversation. Or maybe a situation where the democratic process to go after targets was actually put in effect.

Top Bottom