• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Trago

He actually already has been. He directed Shin Megami Tensei 3 (Nocturne) and Digital Devil Saga (not mainline SMT, I know, but similar enough). He used to be a designer/planner of the old MegaTen games like Devil Summoner, Soul Hackers and SMT...if before becoming Persona series director.

I know he directed SMT III, which is why I want him back in charge for the next game. SMT IV had me legit shook.
I hear SMT IV A is much better in terms of story/pacing, so there's that :p

Linkura

And then he summons this guy

827974-belphegor.jpg

I'm so glad they brought back the toilet demon. Along with negotiations and guns... ah, old-school Persona.

Lusankya

And Palace 4 down! I fucked up the first time because I
sent Makoto to the balista and then didnt have anyone to cleanse despair (didnt have any persona with it in MC, a lesson for the future)

I already love Futaba, cant wait for the rest of the game now that shes joining. Shes super cute, and not in a "hot" way. In fact, its kinda creepy you can even romace her, I don't care that Mona said shes our age, that reeks of "10 thousand year old dragon" excuse, she clearly looks and sounds much younger :/

Palace 4 was by far the best one so far btw.

Well, she would be a first year I think, so one year younger. There is also no need for a "10 thousand year old dragon" excuse as in real life it's completely normal that some kids aged 15 or 16 look way older and some way younger.

nOoblet16

Anybody? Been staring at the level up screen for an hour now.
One Shot Kill
Both Psy attacks (single target and AoE)
The one that raises all stats for one ally
Psy passive boost
Gun passive boost

This means you can't keep the Gun AoE attack, if you absolutely want that then get rid of one of the Psy skills depending on which one you think you'd use less.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn, how long is this game? Played nearly 90 hours and feel I only scratched the surface. Have only done two
castles

90 hours for 2 castles is kinda crazy dude, no offense. I just finished the 4th at 52 hours and im not skipping dialogue.

Stalwart

Anybody? Been staring at the level up screen for an hour now.

I can give you my endgame setups when I get home but basically get rid of the Break spells and keep amp boost and dodge besides Haru

The rest is probably self explanatory; keep charge, concentrate, single and multi target spells etc

abundant

Damn, how long is this game? Played nearly 90 hours and feel I only scratched the surface. Have only done two
castles

How is that even possible? Especially since the game doesn't really open up until after the 2nd palace.

For reference, I'm 65 hours in currently doing the 5th palace.

nOoblet16

castles
Man honestly that's kind of crazy. I can't see how anyone would take that long cause there's not that much to do over two palaces to cover that many hours.

If it took you 90 hours to do that then it'll take you like 90 hours to do one later on considering how you will have a lot more to do later and palaces get longer/tougher.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I know he directed SMT III, which is why I want him back in charge for the next game. SMT IV had me legit shook.
I hear SMT IV A is much better in terms of story/pacing, so there's that :p
Never got the hate 4 gets, it's an absolutely amazing game with one of the coolest settings I've ever played in a JRPG. Game has great level design as in the places feel like actual places, instead of a bunch of corridors strung together. Not even mentioning the stellar soundtrack.

Also probably has the best UI for fusion in any SMT.

SMTIV is easily the best original handheld JRPG imo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so 4th palace down, but not the 4th arc down, deadline isnt for another 24 days. How far in guys, give or take? Half?

good lord if its only half lol

Just finished (spent way too much time playing this since it came out). It's incredible to see the progression of how this series has advanced since 3. The dungeons, social links having so many battle connections, and just the overall presentation is awesome. I do think I may have enjoyed the smaller setting of Persona 4 more though in terms of the story and feel of the game.

I think my only major issue (even if somewhat minor) has to be the somewhat problem lgbt representation in this game. In particular,
the gay predators being pretty much the only representation of outside of the Crossroads bartender

But yeah I can't commend them on upping the dungeon design as much as they did. It'll be hard to play the previous two.

Chorazin

castles

Wut.

I'm at 50 hours and just beat the fourth Palace, and I just walk away for to do stuff while letting it run.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Actually it is. I don't say anything other then its powerful. Thanks for the concern though.

I obviously mean the first block. The game has an ingame date that makes this stuff easy to tag.

There is zero way of knowing you were talking about something deep in the game.

Saprol

Just got
Akechi
! Shame you can only use
him in 2 dungeons.
But
he really
is powerful.

Actually it is. I don't say anything other then its powerful. Thanks for the concern though.

Your post doesn't warn anybody of how far they should be to safely read your spoiler. Especially when the later parts require even further progress in the game. It's pretty awful in here also with that 10/28 one earlier.

[*]Please mark ALL story/event spoiler tags with the IN-GAME DATE for reference. Example: "I can't believe (4/4)
Morgana isn't a cat
!"

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
One Shot Kill
Both Psy attacks (single target and AoE)
The one that raises all stats for one ally
Psy passive boost
Gun passive boost

This means you can't keep the Gun AoE attack, if you absolutely want that then get rid of one of the Psy skills depending on which one you think you'd use less.

I can give you my endgame setups when I get home but basically get rid of the Break spells and keep amp boost and dodge besides Haru

The rest is probably self explanatory; keep charge, concentrate, single and multi target spells etc

Good advice right there. Thanks.

RPGCrazied

Your post doesn't warn anybody of how far they should be to safely read your spoiler. Especially when the later parts require even further progress in the game. It's pretty awful in here also with that 10/28 one earlier.

I didn't see that. Sorry.

DukeBobby

It's the end of August and all of my social stats are level 4.

I should easily max them all by the end of the game, right? Or does each stat need like a million points to reach level 5?

Trago

Never got the hate 4 gets, it's an absolutely amazing game with one of the coolest settings I've ever played in a JRPG. Game has great level design as in the places feel like actual places, instead of a bunch of corridors strung together. Not even mentioning the stellar soundtrack.

Also probably has the best UI for fusion in any SMT.

SMTIV is easily the best original handheld JRPG imo.

I had no issue with the dungeon crawling. The story pacing wasn't great.

Sjefen

Man honestly that's kind of crazy. I can't see how anyone would take that long cause there's not that much to do over two palaces to cover that many hours.

If it took you 90 hours to do that then it'll take you like 90 hours to do one later on considering how you will have a lot more to do later and palaces get longer/tougher.

Been playing with remote play on Vita, maybe clock gone crazy on me.

Jornax

Is there a list somewhere of how many locked chests there are per palace? On Palace 3 right now and only found
in total. Seeing as I found
in Palace 1 and
in Palace 2, I would only imagine the amount staying at least the same if not increasing per dungeon. It's making me think I missed at least one.

Can someone tell me when you get the mementos request that
unlocked Chinatown
. Hasn't appeared as a request and think I might have lost the chance to complete it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's the end of August and all of my social stats are level 4.

I should easily max them all by the end of the game, right? Or does each stat need like a million points to reach level 5?

They take more but you should be fine. I'm in October and have three at 5, maxing confidants works towards a lot of them too.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is there a list somewhere of how many locked chests there are per palace? On Palace 3 right now and only found
in Palace 1 and
in Palace 2, I would only imagine the amount staying at least the same if not increasing per dungeon. It's making me think I missed at least one.

Usually the gear I found in chests (locked and unlocked), I could buy afterwards in the store. So, it's not a big deal to miss one I believe.

FluxWaveZ

Can someone tell me when you get the mementos request that
unlocked Chinatown
. Hasn't appeared as a request and think I might have lost the chance to complete it.

There's a book sold at the Shibuya Central Street book store that will teach you that location.

Tamanon

Banned
in Palace 1 and

https://samurai-gamers.com/persona-5/making-lockpicks/

Spoilers for palace names in there. If you just want the numbers for each palace...

You missed one in the first palace it seems.

Weiss

Banned
Agh I'm in November now and between
Haru and Shinya, and finishing up Futaba and Iwai I'm seriously worried I won't be able to finish all the Confidants off.

Fuck Devil, though. I hate that Confidant.

Szadek

Agh I'm in November now and between
Haru and Shinya, and finishing up Futaba and Iwai I'm seriously worried I won't be able to finish all the Confidants off.

Fuck Devil, though. I hate that Confidant.
Fortune is your friend. You will never have to spent time with anyone without ranking up if you use it right (minus X.5 ranks)

Ferrio

Banned
Switched from Normal to Hard after the 3rd Palace. Stuff just became way too trivial, the boss was a total pushover. I was worried I would get my ass kicked, but I cleared all of 4 with my SP on empty for a good part of it. Glad I changed, the fights are actually fun now.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Switched from Normal to Hard after the 3rd Palace. Stuff just became way too trivial, the boss was a total pushover. I was worried I would get my ass kicked, but I cleared all of 4 with my SP on empty for a good part of it. Glad I changed, the fights are actually fun now.

Shit, I found the 3rd palace boss to be pretty hard. In fact, other than the first palace, I found every boss to be a pretty stiff challenge on Normal. Maybe I suck?

Lusankya

I can't seem to unlock the Drink Fanatic trophy.
Pretty sure I bought all of them. I even had a checklist.

Some of them will only be unlocked quite late in the game I think at around November I got the last one. Also you can get some of these drinks via other means (e.g. from shadows in battle), but only drinks bought at a vending machine count.

Rhaknar

Shit, I found the 3rd palace boss to be pretty hard. In fact, other than the first palace, I found every boss to be a pretty stiff challenge on Normal. Maybe I suck?

well, I mean you think the game is dogshit and the dark souls 3 of Persona, so maybe thats why you suck?

Matsukaze

Hmm is it a good idea to spend time with someone when it says bond won't increase or something like that?
Yes. Even if you don't rank up, you still get friendship points for spending time with that person, which help you get the rank-up the next time you visit them.

Edit: Um....

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
well, I mean you think the game is dogshit and the dark souls 3 of Persona, so maybe thats why you suck?

No I think it's the best game in the series by a wide margin. In my Top 3 games of all times. But I won't pretend that the fanbase "likes" it.

And Dark Souls III is the best Souls game. Also widely disliked by the fanbase. I got weird taste is all. Anyway, let's not derail the thread. If you've got issues with me, take it to PM.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Minus X.5?

A few people you have to do two hang out sessions to level up no matter what.

Normally, it's something like you hang out with them, they have an issue with some guy, you go to Mementos and beat up the guy, than you can proceeded with the Confident.

Ferrio

Banned

I just threw down some status effects and did regular attacks pretty much. There seemed to be a whole unique boss mechanic I didn't even have to bother with because just smacking him worked fine.

Lusankya

castles

What? How is that even possible?
90 hours is roughly the time you need to beat the whole game. But 2 palaces is only maybe 20-25% of the game.

nOoblet16

Hmm is it a good idea to spend time with someone when it says bond won't increase or something like that?
Yes if you don't then it'll never say it'll increase. This is how it works, imagine there is a bar with 20 points and when you fill all 20 points you get a rank up. You hang out with someone while it says "I don't think bond will deepen" and obtain 10 points, you don't rank up but the next time you go to them it says "I feel my bond will go stronger" as you can earn 10 points again and also rank up. But if you never spent time previously then you won't have the first 10 points to take you halfway.

Plum

Some have .5 ranks that you have to do, but don't give you a new rank.

I've just hung out with Ryuji twice without ranking up despite having a Chariot persona on me. Is there anything I'm doibg wrong? This is still early by the way, before May 2nd.

Top Bottom