• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

SkylineRKR

She is rushed.

She has no exposition whatsoever. One run in with Sakamoto I think.
Then she joins at like 70% in, which means she gets little to no development. She also missed the summer period. And there isn't much leeway for doing s links I think.
Plus I hope you've maxed Proficiency. A member w/o baton pass is useless imo.

Granted, her garden is great SP source. And she has an amazing moveset later on.

She should be a temp and Confidant for vegetables or something. And yeah, Church girl is great.

Weiss

Banned
Alright that's Fortune maxed out and Empress and Hermit are coming along fine.

Almost out of time for Palace Six though, so I'd like to ask something:
Does getting arrested affect completing Confidants at all? Minimal spoilers please.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Call me crazy but I don't think Haru is rushed. She feels 100% natural. I actually love how she's introduced (I know I'm minority on that). She just feels good to me. She fits in 100%.

Weiss

Banned
I like Haru but she could be cut with, like, zero repercussion to the plot.

Which is a shame since I think she's one of the best party members and she's really entertaining as a character.

CSX

Can anyone check my spoiler below to make sure I'm on the final boss and on route to the true ending?

I'm fighting against fake igor who has morphed into a giant golden holy grail and I have to send someone to try to cut down the red veins above it

SkylineRKR

Her introduction is fine. I liked that scene. I hated the part with

Morgana going places though

Its just... she's also associated with what I found to be the weakest dungeon. On the whole its a weaker part of the game.

Can anyone check my spoiler below to make sure I'm on the final boss and on route to the true ending?

I'm fighting against fake igor who has morphed into a giant golden holy grail and I have to send someone to try to cut down the red veins above it

Yeah, you're there.

I find Haru in general to be the only character in the main cast I'm not really that into, I like everyone else quite a lot but Haru just doesn't do much for me, not a huge fan of her personality type or design either.
Granted I just finished palace 5 but
kinda feel like she hasn't had a chance to develop as a person so it might fit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So 52 hours in, 4 palaces down and im still not 100% sure how persona registration works.

I know that when you register them, it saves your current one. But when you capture a new persona in combat, is it auto registered or do you need to do it?

Scenario, I only have room for 1 more. can I capture a new persona, then capture another new one and replace the one I captures just before, and I will have both in my registry?

Because ive been playing under the assumptiom that it does NOT work like that.

Yeah I never finished her social link to gain more insight into her because she introduced at a bad time and I never really cared about her even after (post dungeon 5 spoilers)
her dad died, I mean to be fair she didn't even care and he was a piece of shit. The story kind of glosses over her even when she is in the same room with everyone else. She doesn't have the planning skills of Makoto, Morgana, or Futaba, or the humor of Yusuke and Ryuji

I feel Yusuke would fit right in with P2IS cast

which is probably why i dig his humor and image so much

I definitely think it's intentional. His design feels reminiscent of Jun and his flamboyant nature reminds me a little bit of Eikichi. Plus those eye lashes are straight up Kaneko design inspired, no two ways about it. :p

SkylineRKR

So uh, does charge work for gun specials? I think I saw differences in damage.

And does your equipped gun affect its damage?

So 52 hours in, 4 palaces down and im still not 100% sure how persona registration works.

I know that when you register them, it saves your current one. But when you capture a new persona in combat, is it auto registered or do you need to do it?

Scenario, I only have room for 1 more. can I capture a new persona, then capture another new one and replace the one I captures just before, and I will have both in my registry?

Because ive been playing under the assumptiom that it does NOT work like that.

When you fuse a persona the first time it's auto registered.

When you bring new person as into the velvet room you have to register.

When you have a registered persona on he velvet room you have to register the new on the overwrite. Can only have one of that form of persona registered.

Any changes to a persona while in the velvet room needs to be registered

LotusHD

Banned
I absolutely love her voice. She sounds so adorable. I legit think she's one of the best VOs in the game.

I can't agree, she's the first "bad" one so far imo

I had the first
airlock
section reset on me when I went back to save after getting everything correctly setup. When I saw the second section of those I realized I wanted no part of it and used a walkthrough. I highly recommend anyone who's frustrated by that part do the same.

Oh wow, I didn't need to use a playthrough or anything for the
airlocks.
I thought it was the enemies that were the main reason people were annoyed...

Wait, why exactly do most of y'all seem to dislike Palace 5?

It's unfortunate. She's the only member who feels "rushed" and out of place, somehow.

Yea...

On the other hand,
I thought it was smart to just have her already begun being indoctrinated into knowing about the Metaverse and such through Morgana joining up with her.

BTW, about Makoto in general
I think she was much better introduced than the others, at first I found her boring and clingy, but seeing her sister call her useless made me feel really sorry for her.
Seeing her true personality the same time as her persona was the best moment of the game for me so far

Makoto was the best, and yea, her Persona awakening was the best as well.

Ultimadrago

Because ive been playing under the assumption that it does NOT work like that.

When you capture a Persona and allow it in your inventory, if it is the first time you've captured it, it is auto-registered. Any changes such as to Experience Points and/or new moves after the initial capture will require a new registration for updates.

So, yes, you should replace an unneeded Persona in your Inventory (especially if you've just captured it) with a new one since you will have both versions (as you captured them) in your Registry.

SkylineRKR

Why I dislike palace 5,

Too many gimmicks. A few puzzles per dungeon are okay, such as in the first one with the books. But 5 has the keycard stuff which annoyed me after doing the first one, and then the timed runs past crushers which requires you to clear the room first (or use smoke bombs, seriously these are underrated), and then the airlocks. All are repeated too many times.

The music is the worst in the game.

nOoblet16

When you capture a Persona and allow it in your inventory, if it is the first time you've captured it, it is auto-registered. Any changes such as to Experience Points and/or new moves after the initial capture will require a new registration for updates.

So, yes, you should replace an unneeded Persona in your Inventory (especially if you've just captured it) with a new one since you will have both versions (as you captured them) in your Registry.
Are you sure about this? I am pretty confidant that this is not the case and you need to manually register any new Personas you capture.

What's the high level play of making personas? Lol

I've always been just trying to stack a single elemental type on to each Persona- like single target, Multiple target, and everything else is kinda random.

Is that the way to go about it?

Yeah I never finished her social link to gain more insight into her because she introduced at a bad time and I never really cared about her even after (post dungeon 5 spoilers)
her dad died, I mean to be fair she didn't even care and he was a piece of shit. The story kind of glosses over her even when she is in the same room with everyone else. She doesn't have the planning skills of Makoto, Morgana, or Futaba, or the humor of Yusuke and Ryuji
Eh I don't know about that, if anything
her father's death hit her hard and she constantly brings him up. The whole fight with the TV directer in the 7th palace happened because they were shit talking her father and she couldn't have any of it, and she ultimately had a grudge against her dad's murderer. These moments are few and far between though, but it would've been faaar more interesting if one of your party member's primary motivation for being a part of the phantom thieves was for the sake of vengeance.

Jiraiza

Temperance, Rank 10:
Seeing Kawakami break out and become more caring is pretty nice. Didn't romance her, but great end for her route. I definitely prefer her when she's perky and happy. I sort of wish the other guys in the group were involved in this SL, somehow.

I'm going to assume every non-party Confidant
is going to learn about you being in the Phantom Thieves
at rank 10. It'd be nice if that came into play in the main story, but I have my doubts.

Kyrios

Are you sure about this? I am pretty confidant that this is not the case and you need to manually register any new Personas you capture.

I thought that was the case as well. Pretty sure you have to manually register new versions of the Persona you already have.

DMiz

I'm about 52 hours in and I'm waiting to
send the calling card to Niijima.

It's really shocking to me to see people at 110 hours by completion. By my estimates, I'll probably have the game wrapped up by
65 hours
. Note that this is without knowing how much is left, to be fair.

Granted, I'm playing on Normal and not waiting for voices to finish... but I can't say that I'm rushing or anything.

nOoblet16

Why I dislike palace 5,

Too many gimmicks. A few puzzles per dungeon are okay, such as in the first one with the books. But 5 has the keycard stuff which annoyed me after doing the first one, and then the timed runs past crushers which requires you to clear the room first (or use smoke bombs, seriously these are underrated), and then the airlocks. All are repeated too many times.

The music is the worst in the game.
There's actually a guy in this thread who said palace 5 theme was the best and his favourite until that point. I can't see how anyone would put that annoyingly repetitive dubstep bastard child over palace 3/4 themes.

Call me crazy but I don't think Haru is rushed. She feels 100% natural. I actually love how she's introduced (I know I'm minority on that). She just feels good to me. She fits in 100%.

It's weird because I get how people assume she was a rushed job, but looking at the sequence of events between that chapter in the story starting
meeting her in Hawaii
to her joining the team, we actually go through quite a bit to get her. I think Morgana steals the spotlight a little too much during her introduction, he's far more the focal point of the story there, whereas she is literally relegated to 'key' to unlock progression initially.

I love her, I was sold the moment she started doing goofy poses, but between her, Yusuke, Makoto & Futaba, she's the only one who really had to share the spotlight to begin with.

Most of the confidant storylines are pretty subpar in this game. Persona 3 really had the best one's - Hermit, Gourmet, Dying man, and Tanka were all amazing

I think part of the problem is that they are all so similar. Enter into deal with confidant to gain a new ability>Progress helping them with minor personal problems>(Rank 7 and 10 SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT!!)
Get mission at rank 7ish to change someone close to their heart.> Get results and then at rank 10 they figure out who you are. The latter one is what bothered me the most because while its cool the first time it happens and feels like you made a genuine connection with that character the more that you do the less of an impact it makes and it just ends up showing that these characters and their stories are not in any way unique and that is vastly disappointing to me.

Temperance was the one I liked the best overall but in general yeah they just aren't well written. I'm not a fan of many of the P4 ones either to be honest but at least they don't all have the exact same format for how they work.

Also it doesn't help that some of the bonuses you get from them are just vastly better then others. Temperance rank 10, Star rank 10 being the two best IMO.

SkylineRKR

Temperance, Rank 10:
Seeing Kawakami break out and become more caring is pretty nice. Didn't romance her, but great end for her route. I definitely prefer her when she's perky and happy. I sort of wish the other guys in the group were involved in this SL, somehow.

at rank 10. It'd be nice if that came into play in the main story, but I have my doubts.

Its all well done imo. Did the romance too and was left satisfied. Great character. For NG+ its def going to be Star.

Unless my memory is completely faulty (which is possible), my experience is that Ultimadrago is correct. Personas you capture get registered to the compendium immediately, you don't even have to go back to the velvet room in order for the registration to happen (meaning you can replace new-to-you personas you've captured during that session without worrying about it disappearing). The only case where a persona you have the option to capture doesn't get registered is if you choose not to keep it if your persona inventory is full.

Guess Who

Banned

I can confirm new Personas (both fused and acquired) are auto-registered, and you only need to register "changed" Personas.

Temperance, Rank 10:

Takemi certainly called you out in the end. I've been spoilt on the forutne teller also figuring it out too. Maybe just romance S.Links, as I haven't heard or seen any completed ones for male characters. I can't wait to finish up Yoshida's.

silva1991

Sigh. I didn't know Hassou Tobi has very low accuracy. Without lowering enemy's evasion or increasing my accuracy it feels like it misses half of the time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It auto registers. I was running through the early mementos areas and the instant kill ryuji skill kept giving me personas and they all got added even though I was dumping them.

All the manual registering does is update older ones that you've leveled beyond their initial register.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm about 52 hours in and I'm waiting to
send the calling card to Niijima.

It's really shocking to me to see people at 110 hours by completion. By my estimates, I'll probably have the game wrapped up by
65 hours
. Note that this is without knowing how much is left, to be fair.

Granted, I'm playing on Normal and not waiting for voices to finish... but I can't say that I'm rushing or anything.

I usually only let the voices play during important scenes.

There's actually a guy in this thread who said palace 5 theme was the best and his favourite until that point. I can't see how anyone would put that annoyingly repetitive dubstep bastard child over palace 3/4 themes.

I like how you were the one that said "opinions and all", and yet it's still so baffling to you that someone felt that way

nOoblet16

I thought that was the case as well. Pretty sure you have to manually register new versions of the Persona you already have.
Oh you absolutely have to register new versions of personas you already have. If there is a level 15 Persona with bufu in your compendium and you capture a level 20 version with bufula then you need to register it so that it overwrites your low level Persona.

Similarly if you have a level 15 Persona in the compendium and then level it up via gameplay to level 20 then you need to manually register that to overwrite the low level version as well. On the other hand if you gain a new persona via fusion it's automatically registered as well.

The question is what if it's a Persona that's not in your compendium and you capture it via fights? I am pretty damn sure that you need to manually register it in this case. I remember capturing multiple personas that I wouldn't use and as a result they wouldn't level up, yet when I went to the compendium I saw the option to register them, that wouldn't have been the case if they auto registered.

It's weird because I get how people assume she was a rushed job, but looking at the sequence of events between that chapter in the story starting
meeting her in Hawaii
to her joining the team, we actually go through quite a bit to get her. I think Morgana steals the spotlight a little too much during her introduction, he's far more the focal point of the story there, whereas she is literally relegated to 'key' to unlock progression initially.

I love her, I was sold the moment she started doing goofy poses, but between her, Yusuke, Makoto & Futaba, she's the only one who really had to share the spotlight to begin with.

The problem with Haru is that she is introduced too late for you to really get to know her that well. It would have been better if you could have helped her out with the flowers early on and then just can't progress past a certain level until she eventually joins you. Also it doesn't help that you have to wait until AFTER the school festival to even begin her s-link, should have started right after you recruit her imo.

Of course I'm not at all saying that because I'm bitter that at the end of the game I literally just needed 4 more days to max everyones s-link, nope not that at all XD

Top Bottom