• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man Yusuke is the hardest of the teammate confidants. Fucker is so hard to read.

Always have to hang up with him to raise the confidant.

Mesharey

Yes if you don't then it'll never say it'll increase. This is how it works, imagine there is a bar with 20 points and when you fill all 20 points you get a rank up. You hang out with someone while it says "I don't think bond will deepen" and obtain 10 points, you don't rank up but the next time you go to them it says "I feel my bond will go stronger" as you can earn 10 points again and also rank up. But if you never spent time previously then you won't have the first 10 points to take you halfway.
Oh I see, thanks!

September spoilers:
It's pretty lame that the game is shuffling me along through the month. I don't get to do anything without Morgana around​. Let him have a kitty fit. I don't care -_-

Fjordson

Yes if you don't then it'll never say it'll increase. This is how it works, imagine there is a bar with 20 points and when you fill all 20 points you get a rank up. You hang out with someone while it says "I don't think bond will deepen" and obtain 10 points, you don't rank up but the next time you go to them it says "I feel my bond will go stronger" as you can earn 10 points again and also rank up. But if you never spent time previously then you won't have the first 10 points to take you halfway.
Man, I feel really dumb now for not understanding that lol. Was wondering why I saw it a few times. Thanks.

Strimei

Speaking of Yusuke, I find it interesting that in his awakening, it seemed like he had zero difficulty removing the mask, whereas everyone (thus far) had to struggle and rip it off.

Wonder what that says about him.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh, I'm at the end of the 5th palace already apparently. Guess it wasn't that bad after all, though it was fairly annoying.

Opa-Pa

I'm near the end of palace 5 and I thought the initial puzzle was fun, actually. The problem is that the rest of the dungeon is fairly long, and the IDs part takes so long that you're a bit exhausted by the time you're done and the rest isn't very straightforward either.

Basically too many puzzles and they're all too long. I enjoy big dungeons (like the first one) but some linearity is appreciated.

Jintor

i'm pretty annoyed a lot of party member slinks are blocked behind high level blocks, especially the ones you get late... oh well, NG+ it is.

It's the end of August and all of my social stats are level 4.

I should easily max them all by the end of the game, right? Or does each stat need like a million points to reach level 5?

I'm at the end of August and my social stats are all at 3 except for Guts at 4. I suddenly feel behind. :(

NSESN

BTW, about Makoto in general
I think she was much better introduced than the others, at first I found her boring and clingy, but seeing her sister call her useless made me feel really sorry for her.
Seeing her true personality the same time as her persona was the best moment of the game for me so far

Platypus

I think she was much better introduced than the others, at first I found her boring and clingy, but seeing her sister call her useless made me feel really sorry for her.
Seeing her true personality the same time as her persona was the best moment of the game for me so far

Yeah this was definitely the highlight of the game for me.

Guess Who

Banned

She is honestly the best female party member in modern Persona by a mile, character-wise. Her sister is a great character, too.

I also really enjoy (third dungeon arc onward spoilers)
that you get to see her home life with Sae. So often in past Persona games (especially 4), characters often felt like they didn't exist when they were away from the protag. Both Sae and Makoto benefit so much as characters from being able to see what their lives are like and who they are when they're alone.

mrmickfran

Everytime Haru summons her persona, it sounds like she says "melody".

I think that's the first English voice that I'm not a fan of. It sounds too high pitched.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

I think that's the first English voice that I'm not a fan of. It sounds too high pitched.

I absolutely love her voice. She sounds so adorable. I legit think she's one of the best VOs in the game.

Lusankya

I feel like knowledge and guts are the only worthwhile stats to upgrade on a first playthrough. The others don't seem as important.

Well, in the end you want everything at 5 long before you finish your first playthrough.
Many Confidants ranks will be blocked unless you have the necessary social stats.

SkylineRKR

I feel like knowledge and guts are the only worthwhile stats to upgrade on a first playthrough. The others don't seem as important.

yeah, well

those 2 cover Star, Temperance and Death which are essential. Death at 5 or 7 at least (getting easy money isn't that much of a problem really). But don't underestimate Hiero and Hermit, those are great as well. You'll need max proficiency just to get Baton pass for Haru which is actually a great combatant because of her moveset.

I find Haru in general to be the only character in the main cast I'm not really that into, I like everyone else quite a lot but Haru just doesn't do much for me, not a huge fan of her personality type or design either.

McBryBry

7/19 Text convo spoilers

Yusuke is fucking killing me with his
Medjed
research.
"Even his form is unattainable. An unseen god that flies through the skies and shoots from his eyes... He truly is an elusive being."

Fucking YUSUKE man! 😂

mike6467

Oh, I'm at the end of the 5th palace already apparently. Guess it wasn't that bad after all, though it was fairly annoying.

I'm near the end of palace 5 and I thought the initial puzzle was fun, actually. The problem is that the rest of the dungeon is fairly long, and the IDs part takes so long that you're a bit exhausted by the time you're done and the rest isn't very straightforward either.

Basically too many puzzles and they're all too long. I enjoy big dungeons (like the first one) but some linearity is appreciated.

I had the first
airlock
section reset on me when I went back to save after getting everything correctly setup. When I saw the second section of those I realized I wanted no part of it and used a walkthrough. I highly recommend anyone who's frustrated by that part do the same.

7/19 Text convo spoilers

Yusuke is fucking killing me with his
Medjed
research.
"Even his form is unattainable. An unseen god that flies through the skies and shoots from his eyes... He truly is an elusive being."

Fucking YUSUKE man! 😂

Yusuke is the greatest. He's funny and a badass.

mrmickfran

I absolutely love her voice. She sounds so adorable. I legit think she's one of the best VOs in the game.
Futaba sounds more mature tbh

I find Haru in general to be the only character in the main cast I'm not really that into, I like everyone else quite a lot but Haru just doesn't do much for me, not a huge fan of her personality type or design either.
I like her design. Love the whole "French" thing that she's got going on.

FluxWaveZ

3qQCOxp.png
It's unfortunate. She's the only member who feels "rushed" and out of place, somehow.

So I got busy for a few days and couldn't play much, but I'm a little lost/stuck(?) in the 4th palace. Help me out GAF

I put the curse orb in the anubis which allowed me o press a button and I shot through some wall. I A.) Don't know where that wall is to go through it and B.) Don't know to turn on this black screen that I assume will turn into a puzzle, or where to go from here

Haru suffers hard from last girl = forgotten girl in terms of the love put into her design.

Matsukaze

Social stats are the bane of existence lol. At first, I always feel I'm making good progress on raising them, then the weeks go by and I'm just like "Why haven't you budged an inch!?"

Apologies if this has been asked a million times, but I'm wary of using the thread search feature since it shows spoiler text.

Regarding the
seventh
dungeon,
am I free to burn through the dungeon as quickly as possible, or will it fast forward me to the deadline after completion? Want to know if I should put it off to focus on social links or not.

FluxWaveZ

Haru suffers hard from last girl = forgotten girl in terms of the love put into her design.

I don't know if I agree with that. Naoto in Persona 4 fits in with the Investigation Team much more than Haru does for the P5 cast. Same with Aigis in P3.

It's just that (characterization + story spoilers)
whenever there's a period of time where she could be fleshed out more, there are more important points to the story that overshadow her. Hell, she's introduced when the more important part is "Morgana's gone rogue." She doesn't get her own time to explore her character, like how Futaba spent time with each member of the cast when she became a Phantom Thief.

Haru definitely suffers from being introduced way too late. She wasn't fleshed out enough. I really liked the few moments where she did stand out, mainly her friendship with Morgana.

Shame, because the french and Musketeer motif is hella appealing to me, and her thief design is by far my favourite. Milady fucking rocks too.

Zafir

Meanwhile the church girl totally should've been a member.

I mean if she'd have taken Haru's spot, she would have suffered the same fate.

It's the fault of the game's structure. Haru gets introduced at a really poor time and doesn't get the development time she needs due to everything else taking priority. It's not hard to see why that happened, the story gets pretty serious around the time she's introduced, but still. At the very least they could have shown her off a bit around the school or something before her arc.

Top Bottom