• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

silva1991

Whoever thought making 3 treasure demons exclusive to one dungeon (and subsequently the mementos area related to it) was being a massive dick.

I've come across five of them....FIVE instances that are already rare to find even with treasure traps. And yet all five of them turned out to be the same fuckin guy every single time !!!

Yeah it's really stupid. Each rare one should have been exclusive to one level.

nOoblet16

That's the one. Is it possible that a quirk of the turn-system left me without a round of moves between the tell and the attack? I'm pretty attuned to the warning moves after 60 hours of this game, and yet I'd swear I didn't get a chance to do anything on my attempt.

Oh wow, that's pretty neat! I'll keep it in mind for my next try, cheers!
No, every single attack like that in this game is telegraphed and 1-2 turns before. You get 1 turn for that particular attack every time, I am pretty sure you got busy healing/buffing that you didn't pay attention.
It has to go up first and that's when you get your extra turn, it doesn't really make sense that it's go up and then come down with the attack in the same turn.

Thanks.

A question about Mementos missions; I've had the first non-mandatory one for a while now, and I keep waiting until I get more so I can clear them in one go, as I feel like it's a waste of a day to go into Mementos to just do just one. But I'm concerned at how long I've been waiting without any sign of more. My teammates have even started texting me about it a lot. It's currently 3rd of June; should I be doing something to trigger more?

I'm starting to wonder if I should just do this one, if only to get
Mishima
's next Confidant ability.

I actually loved the 5th boss. Baton pass frenzy.

It's ok for a while but then it gets to a point (on hard) where
I can't kill anything in time anymore and have start eating the self destruct attacks. I've made it to the boss a couple times but only Joker was alive

nOoblet16

My compendium is at 60% and I am level 99 with 4 million yen . You guys with platinum trophies, you think that's enough money to fuse everything that remains ?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
See what happens when you damage it

I couldn't capture it nooblet... :(

Also, to anyone that finished the game AND played in english:

Dont fucking click this if you havent finished the game please!
Is Igor's voice when hes actually Igor the same actor from Persona 4? Because im playing in japanese and I dunno if its the same as the japanese P4.

It better be because that would be an awesome little thing.

nOoblet16

Is Igor's voice when hes actually Igor the same actor from Persona 4? Because im playing in japanese and I dunno if its the same as the japanese P4.

No I mean when you fight it and bring it's health down....it goes limp.

As for spoiler.
The Japanese dude who voiced Igor previously is dead. I'm not sure if it's the same guy in English, but I think it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This game wont end.

Please end videogame i need my life back.

Dugna

No the VA for the English version isn't the same from P4, even though the japanese one is...which to be honest is a alittle weird considering the condition of the VAs....the usual JP one died during the making of P5.

Whoever thought making 3 treasure demons exclusive to one dungeon (and subsequently the mementos area related to it) was being a massive dick.

I've come across five of them....FIVE instances that are already rare to find even with treasure traps. And yet all five of them turned out to be the same fuckin guy every single time !!!
Which dungeon?

nOoblet16

This game wont end.

Please end videogame i need my life back.
Yes I had the same reaction near the end, it was good.
The depths was completely unexpected, I was expecting a final gauntlet leading to a boss fight. But instead I got another dungeon and a decent length gauntlet leading up to the final boss fight both ! It must have increased the playtime by several times for people who never touched mementos.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
No the VA for the English version isn't the same from P4, even though the japanese one is...which to be honest is a alittle weird considering the condition of the VAs....the usual JP one died during the making of P5.

End game stuff:
The JP version actually reused older voice lines to pull that off.

nOoblet16

How can he be the same one from P4 if he is dead?

Edit: Oh it's old lines. I guess it wasn't surprising that OG Igor didn't have much voiced lines. Neither Igor nor Lavenza say much in terms of voice overs when you are in velvet room.

Aki-at

honestly the only problem i have with baton pass is it only kicks on weaknesses making it useless on almost all bosses

It kicks on in criticals too. One of the reason I kept Morgana in because of miracle punch.

Though since the bosses are mostly single enemies you'd just go for an all out attack.

Zafir

It kicks on in criticals too. One of the reason I kept Morgana in because of miracle punch.

Though since the bosses are mostly single enemies you'd just go for an all out attack.

Actually, I don't think all out attack scales all that well. It's good versus multiple enemies, but when you get later on in the game, I think it's meh against single targets. Backing out and passing to Yusuke to do Rising Slash/Deadly Fury or something just does way more damage.

Aki-at

Actually, I don't think all out attack scales all that well. It's good versus multiple enemies, but when you get later on in the game, I think it's meh against single targets. Backing out and passing to Yusuke to do Rising Slash/Deadly Fury or something just does way more damage.

It's been a bit mixed for me but yeah passing back to Yusuke is probably a better idea.

RalchAC

But not one who is also my teacher.

I think the Temperance level 10 perk should have been a Death arcana perk. It's something that you are totally using, but it's really awkward and kind of creepy to me, despite
actually liking the Confidant story line. It felt more like a parody of maids than proper pandering to me, TBH.

Had it been
Tae final perk, she could give you a weird drink that tasted like crap but revitalized you. It would give a nice closure to the Confidant, allowing you to use that strange medicine you were promised at first.

Welcome to Persona. People who went for the true ending in P4 know how long that ending kept going.

When I finished the game it was like: "okay, I guess it's time to go back to the real world."

Jintor

tumblr_ooko0kgN4Q1wn6hn2o1_540.png

tumblr_ooko0kgN4Q1wn6hn2o2_540.png

the localisation's alright

Recall

So I actually Maxed a confidant. Surprised myself.

Approaching the end of August now. It's been awesome to be able clear Palace 4 so quickly thanks to the SP equipment and then just working hard on the social links for seemingly weeks in game. It was a great change of pace, quite refreshing being able to see progression for myself.

Nightbird

I'm on 9/12 and I have 90 something hours right now. 40 hours seems lightning fast to me lol.

I did actually rush a bit in the last few days because the friend who is also playing the game on my PS4 (his first Persona game!) spends entire nights playing the game, and i'm doing my best to stay ahead of him since he really doesn't care about spoilers, unlike me.

But now that he's gone back home, i can play at a slower pace again ^^

Dee Dee

I am sticking with this grindy stressful game, because it's fun. Is it? I think it is. Yeah I think it's fun. I'm pretty sure. Is it though?

(My first Persona game!)

I just entered the 3rd dungeon, waiting for the new party member to unlock. Any second now. Take your time.

From checking back with some walkthroughs, my horrible management skills regarding demons I (don't) carry around and stuff I click on without realizing it makes time pass (fvck you, crossword puzzle!) have probably locked me out of some maxed S-Ranks and thereby skills already.

Ryuji just won't ask me out anymore for example ever since he learned about the new substitute teacher for his old track and field team. Is that completely screwed now, or might it pop up later? (This is the event needed for Rank 7)

Same with people here talking about Treasure Demons to unlock Mememtos missions: whhhaaat?? I fought 3 of them already, but never thought about catching them. I don't care about completing the Demon Compendium, but from what I understand Mementos missions are needed for the true end? Yes/No/Maybe?

Any advice appreciated.

Top Bottom